Team Spirit?

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, we've got no team spirit, your brother is quite correct.

We did have team spirit 3 weeks ago when we were 10 unbeaten, but now we have none.

As we've lost 2 league games in a row I can confirm that we now have no team spirit, the players are not fit enough and the manager has lost the dressing room.

Did you not listen to the phone-in last night?

2 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

We did have team spirit 3 weeks ago when we were 10 unbeaten, but now we have none.

As we've lost 2 league games in a row I can confirm that we now have no team spirit, the players are not fit enough and the manager has lost the dressing room.

Ha i didnt listen last night i sort of knew what to expect.

I dare bet there was at least one caller demanding mel gets out his cheque book again, one complaining we have no captain, one suggesting we sign peter crouch, and possibly one even suggesting we re-sign izale mcleod becuase hes banging them in,

4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I dare bet there was at least one caller demanding mel gets out his cheque book again, one complaining we have no captain, one suggesting we sign peter crouch, and possibly one even suggesting we re-sign izale mcleod becuase hes banging them in,

Perhaps we should play a Radio Derby Phone in drinking game. Drink every time someone mentions the above.

Also include Caller getting player's name wrong, caller saying 'not fit to wear the shirt' etc

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Perhaps we should play a Radio Derby Phone in drinking game. Drink every time someone mentions the above.

Also include Caller getting player's name wrong, caller saying 'not fit to wear the shirt' etc

To be fair, it might make listening to some of the numpty callers bearable :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Good Idea...

Probably all end up smashed out our heads though,

35 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Thanks SP you made me laugh this morning! :thumbsup:

Oh behave. 

We've just had a 10 game unbeaten streak, as soon as we lose a couple of games. People go into meltdown.

I know I slated a few of the players after the Leeds game but this is another level. 

Seriously our fans must be the worst for over reacting to a couple of poor games. We've lost 3 games in just over 3 & 1/2 months. Grow up and realise there is more games to play and more chances to win.

If we don't get into the play offs this year then that's not a failure. We were 21st when Mac took over. I'm sure any Derby fan would have taken a 8/9th place finish at that point come the end of the season. 

Wake up & stop over reacting.

I sometimes wonder if the phone in should be closed down ,are the moaners for real get a bloody grip will you . 

If the only thing to moan about is losing two games i belive most of them would have topped themselves under regimes in the seventies, the mac is doing a great job and i truly believe that he can guide us to sixth place in the table and working fom where we were is fantastic.

The only thing that will derail our season is the constant moaners ,for all our sakes lets hope Steve doesn't listen to the radio on a monday evening.

41 minutes ago, curtains said:

Don't worry I'm told we will beat Reading, Ipswich and Newcastle. 

We will also smash Leicester I'm told. 

That would have nothing to do with team spirit though.

Some teams get battered and relegated yet until the day they go down they believe they will escape relegation. They support each other and feed off each others energy. They just aren't good enough

It's only ever in computer games where morale drops with defeats and goes up with wins. 

It's possible to win games with talent and organisation but never really have that great atmosphere around the place.

It's a question none of us know because we don't spend time within the group. 

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Some teams get battered and relegated yet until the day they go down they believe they will escape relegation. They support each other and feed off each others energy. They just aren't good enough

It's only ever in computer games where morale drops with defeats and goes up with wins. 

It's possible to win games with talent and organisation but never really have that great atmosphere around the place.

It amazes me how it was ok to moan about Pearson but never even question McClaren. 

Is it ok to question Super Mac about anything or has all the fun gone out of Football  .

I think if we just applaud when we lose that the life would go out of trying to win  games as who cares anyway  .

Derby have team spirit I hope as a given  .

9 minutes ago, curtains said:

It amazes me how it was ok to moan about Pearson but never even question McClaren. 

Is it ok to question Super Mac about anything or has all the fun gone out of Football  .

I think if we just applaud when we lose that the life would go out of trying to win  games as who cares anyway  .

Derby have team spirit I hope as a given  .

I'm sorry that you had to wait so long before going back into moan mode.

I've missed the pessimistic @curtains - welcome back.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

First bloke on asked have we missed a trick not turning the Jake Livermore & Tom Carroll loan signings into permanent deals.

FFS we had Livermore EIGHT years ago and we had Carroll SIX years ago... and they were crap!!!!!!!!! :pinch:

17 minutes ago, Alpha said:

As regards team spirit and players getting on. 

I do not think Andy Cole and Teddy Sheringham got on allegedly but boy were they a good striking partnership. 

Team spirit helps though. 

3 minutes ago, eddie said:

I'm sorry that you had to wait so long before going back into moan mode.

I've missed the pessimistic @curtains - welcome back.

Doesn't happen often but, on this occasion, Curtains does have a bit of a point. SM shouldn't be immune from criticism. The 2 key points for me though is 1) the subtle difference between constructive criticism and negative moaning, 2) avoiding knee jerk reactions. We've had a couple of set backs and a number of poor performances recently but, on the whole SM is doing a very good job. Under Pearson I don't remember any highs and little prospect of improvement. 

Archived