Team Spirit?

Coneheadjohn

17 minutes ago, Alpha said:

What?

When have I ever been really critical of our managers apart from complete clowns like Jewell and Pearson who can't put their egos aside and come in like blameless tyrants.

Like Nigel Clough. The only time I criticise Nigel is if people come up with alternate futures where he lead us to the PL. The job he did here was the job that needed doing. I like Nigel Clough. 

Wassall, another one I defended a lot. He didn't make any transfers, didn't get a summer and he didn't get many games. But we battered Hull twice and scored like 10 goals in 3 games or something at one point. We were massively up and down with him. From QPR away to Hull at home to Bolton at home to MK Dons. The Play Offs typically showed what the Wassall reign was like. But I certainly didn't hammer him for it. I defended him a fair bit.

Who's fault is it we're still in the Championship? 

Who's fault is it Liverpool haven't won the Premier League? Who's fault is it George Thorne has had injuries? There's not one reason is there?

The reason we didn't get promoted in 2014 isn't the same as the reason we didn't get promoted in 2015, 1994, 2004 etc etc. 

You say you don't want McClaren to fail but you criticise him an awful lot. You have only started posting so much since we lost a couple of games!!

Do you want me to tell you who's fault it is we are still in the Championship.

Derby County's owners present and past. 

The owners might have it wrong this time IMO reappointing Super Mac .

I hope they are right but I have my doubts  

Derby can't be even compared in the same breath as Liverpool as we are light years from them. 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, curtains said:

Do you want me to tell you who's fault it is we are still in the Championship.

Derby County's owners present and past. 

The owners might have it wrong this time IMO reappointing Super Mac .

I hope they are right but I have my doubts  

Derby can't be even compared in the same breath as Liverpool as we are light years from them. 

But it's all relative. Every team has a target. If you achieved your targets then they would no longer be targets. 

Think of it like this...

Why are Derby not a league 1 side? Because of owners past and present?

Why are Derby not still losing more games than they win like we have every season since 07/08. 

Why are Derby not still the lowest scorers in England and Scotland? 

Like I said to you. You say you don't have anything against McClaren but you clearly do. You just said they have it wrong in reappointing McClaren in your opinion

Why? Because we might not get promotion? 

His aim when he first came was to lead us towards the play offs after 5,6 seasons finishing 10th downwards with more losses than wins and a negative goal difference. He massively passed that expectation.

This season he was brought in to get us on the right track. To bring us back to where we were. We looked a confused mess who just couldn't score goals and win games. 

McClaren is McClaren's worst enemy. 

The reason every Derby fan thinks they belong in the top 6 and should be winning every home game? 

It's because McClaren gave you that level of expectation. It's him and his team that set the bar. 

If in either of his spells he'd come in and gradually improved then nobody would bitch, moan and boo. He came in and launched the team up the league and began pushing for promotion/play off places. So people demand more. 

Always people want more and more. You achieve good and the target is great. You achieve great and the target is perfection. That's fair enough. You should never settle for what you've got.

But there's a difference between striving to improve and then demanding it. There's a difference between aiming for a target but accepting that failure is probably likely and aiming for a target and throwing a wobbler when it's not achieved. Like a toddler in ToysRus that wants a toy now and won't be patient until Christmas

13 minutes ago, Alpha said:

But it's all relative. Every team has a target. If you achieved your targets then they would no longer be targets. 

Think of it like this...

Why are Derby not a league 1 side? Because of owners past and present?

Why are Derby not still losing more games than they win like we have every season since 07/08. 

Why are Derby not still the lowest scorers in England and Scotland? 

Like I said to you. You say you don't have anything against McClaren but you clearly do. You just said they have it wrong in reappointing McClaren in your opinion

Why? Because we might not get promotion? 

His aim when he first came was to lead us towards the play offs after 5,6 seasons finishing 10th downwards with more losses than wins and a negative goal difference. He massively passed that expectation.

This season he was brought in to get us on the right track. To bring us back to where we were. We looked a confused mess who just couldn't score goals and win games. 

McClaren is McClaren's worst enemy. 

The reason every Derby fan thinks they belong in the top 6 and should be winning every home game? 

It's because McClaren gave you that level of expectation. It's him and his team that set the bar. 

If in either of his spells he'd come in and gradually improved then nobody would bitch, moan and boo. He came in and launched the team up the league and began pushing for promotion/play off places. So people demand more. 

Always people want more and more. You achieve good and the target is great. You achieve great and the target is perfection. That's fair enough. You should never settle for what you've got.

But there's a difference between striving to improve and then demanding it. There's a difference between aiming for a target but accepting that failure is probably likely and aiming for a target and throwing a wobbler when it's not achieved. Like a toddler in ToysRus that wants a toy now and won't be patient until Christmas

business-commerce-work-workers-employee-

Why can't fans just enjoy the ride, wherever it takes them.

What's this promised land of milk and honey that everyone speaks of? 

The Premier League where if you're lucky you scrape 12th place, and the only way of doing that is getting someone like Pulis in.

Look at West Brom, they've made it, they're in the Nirvana that Derby fans speak of, yet they've only sold out a 27k ground once this season, and their supporters are bored to death.

How many clubs from the top two tiers started the season with a genuine hope of competing for something? Ten? Twelve?

We're one of them, so just enjoy it.

I agree with the above post. What do fans want? The uphoria of a promotion win (which wears off as soon as you start thinking it's closed season and off on your holidays)? What then? A long hard season of barely competing. I don't go to watch the opposition so I'm not bothered if Chelsea's world stars rock up at pride park. I'd rather wait till we can seriously have a chance of not being premiership rubbing rags. 

Archived