Perspective

Bris Vegas

9 hours ago, wixman1884 said:

The fact that this result is even depressing shows how far we're come. Challenging for the top six seemed a pipe dream when McClaren came in, especially as he's missing 2 of the key figures from his preferred system.

We've got a lot of shuffling to do in the summer window, but play off's are still a fairly likely possibility this season, and I'm not taking that for granted.

The result wasn't depressing, it was the performance.

1-0 really did flatter us.

Also depressing was that fringe players (Camara; Vydra...Bryson ) were terrible and that we seem to lack any creativity aside from Ince and Hughes. 

Possibly slight feeling of 'here we go again'. The results have covered up some of these issues...

However, top 6 was always going to be best Steve could do and that's still on. Lots of reasons to be cheerful....

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm taking faith in Brighton.

They were up there with us, fell away for a season or two, and are now proper challengers this season. The team of 13/14 is gone, it ultimately wasn't good enough to get us promoted otherwise we'd be discussing PL performances. They quietly went about their business, updated the squad, had faith, and look where they are.

Mistakes in managerial and player recruitment have been made, no one gets every decision correct and MM has acted swiftly in each (managerial) instance to rectify it. With the new loan rules you don't want to ship every player out in Jan. I expect a lot of movement in the summer. 

Enjoy the rest of this season, we shouldn't expect a play-off place because of past seasons now SMC is back, no team should expect that.

Support the Rams, I think with MM and SMC we'll get promoted, not this year, but we will. We need a few seasons where instead of throwing our toys out and hanging one player if we don't get promotion, we support and cheer and look forward to the next season.

COYR

2 minutes ago, swiftur said:

Its not the result ,it is the performance. a bad day at the office !. No pride ,No passion No effort.No respect for fans or themselves.some players looked genuinely clueless .No leader on the field.

Yes, 'cause the team dragged themselves out of a relegation battle through sheer luck. <_<

Swapping managers every season is not good for any club, got to let a manager have time...That's what has gone wrong over the last few seasons here.

We have Mac back in and he is the right fit here and we have to give him time to rebuild this squad possibly a season or 2.

There are certain players who should not be here, they are simply not good enough - lets hope Mac moves those players out and is given time to develop the team.

I wasn't expecting promotion early on in the season and I am not expecting it now, we have to be realistic we are a good championship side but not one the can currently challenge for promotion the recent games of Norwich  Leeds Wigan show we need to improve.

14 minutes ago, toddy said:

Swapping managers every season is not good for any club, got to let a manager have time...That's what has gone wrong over the last few seasons here.

We have Mac back in and he is the right fit here and we have to give him time to rebuild this squad possibly a season or 2.

There are certain players who should not be here, they are simply not good enough - lets hope Mac moves those players out and is given time to develop the team.

I wasn't expecting promotion early on in the season and I am not expecting it now, we have to be realistic we are a good championship side but not one the can currently challenge for promotion the recent games of Norwich  Leeds Wigan show we need to improve.

:blink:

5 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Perspective we were world beaters last week & could easily compete in the prem

This week not so much suprised were not bottom three in the championship 

I think our fans are experts at the knee jerk reaction. 

'Our mess of a squad' is down to managerial changes. You could argue it's SM's fault. If he hadn't decided to bog off to the toon we wouldn't have this mish mash of players that don't fit. Or you could blame Mel for sacking PC. I certainly blame him for employing that duffer who started our season off this time round and bought such weird signings. 

I've decided that being thankful for what we have is the way for me to go. In September I'd stopped wanting to go and was dreaming of what I could have done with my season ticket money. Now I look forward to match days again. That's about it. 

12 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Perspective we were world beaters last week & could easily compete in the prem

This week not so much suprised were not bottom three in the championship 

Realty was, we were second best at WBA but scored a cracker and a set piece - we really shouldn't have won that game, they did batter us as Pulis said.

2 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I think our fans are experts at the knee jerk reaction. 

'Our mess of a squad' is down to managerial changes. You could argue it's SM's fault. If he hadn't decided to bog off to the toon we wouldn't have this mish mash of players that don't fit. Or you could blame Mel for sacking PC. I certainly blame him for employing that duffer who started our season off this time round and bought such weird signings. 

I've decided that being thankful for what we have is the way for me to go. In September I'd stopped wanting to go and was dreaming of what I could have done with my season ticket money. Now I look forward to match days again. That's about it. 

We are that.

I am confident we will have more positive days than negative between now and the end of the season,i still think we will make the play offs.

Managerial changes dont help and I agree Pearson is probably the one who made the biggest hash of it. Clement I think some of the signings were forced on us (johnson/butters) because of injury although i have yet to see any value in buying blackman and camara.

My only gripe with your post is Steve did not decide to bog off to newcastle, he had publicly committed to Derby at the end of the season only for Mel to pull the trigger and sack him, he only then went to newcastle, his failure was not doing so earlier which may have resulted in him staying who knows.

1 minute ago, Ewe Ram said:

@Paul71 gripe away, I'm a simple soul. I find too much analysis and gazing at ones navel isn't good for me. You may be right about SM and Mel being trigger happy 

If you dont like analysis I would recommend you stay out the match day thready :)

11 hours ago, McLovin said:

We should just get Nigel clough on our recruitment team!

You know,it's taken me several.years to realise the genius in Clough's recruiting...On a nothing budget he put together the best set of footballers,who fitted together like a glove,for years.

It just took mac to get them playing such good football....

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Wonder what reception Mac will get at Newcastle lol 

Last  4 league games have not been great at Derby for Mac have that I think he needs to up his game mate  

Just saying . 

You could say we have been off the boil since the Forest game to be fair. Mac knows what we need and we just need to be patient, and just let the team have a free run at finding their groove and some real confidence in that they can play well.

3 minutes ago, rynny said:

You could say we have been off the boil since the Forest game to be fair. Mac knows what we need and we just need to be patient, and just let the team have a free run at finding their groove and some real confidence in that they can play well.

Hope so. 

Funny how Mac couldn't do it at Newcastle though. 

He has had his honeymoon period at Derby and now it starts in earnest for him  .

He will need a few seasons to get it right and prove he's the right man to get us promoted  

Perspective is totally the right word for me, its so easy to overreact. Lets face it we have just come off the back of a fantastic run, we were going to lose a couple at some point. We are hardly blessed with a full and fit squad so I think its actually a result we got this far without a couple of bad results.

According to some last nights loss was the worst performance either of the season, or that could be remembered even, it wasnt even close, we have seen some right dross over the years and esepcially and the start of this season.

Players referred to as the worst since Mickel Beck. MIckel Beck isnt even the worse player we have had since MIckel Beck.

We will have players coming back soon, as far as i know the only long term injury is forsythe now (and possible george) so it shouldnt be too far off we see the squad strengthen even without signings.

I know we are writing some players off (Bryson) but I for one am positive if you had Bryson in the same team as a George Thorne you would see a totally different player.

Last night for me was just a perfect storm of a s*** result, Leeds were hugely on their game, we werent for various reasons, the, injuries,indiviudal performance and maybe a couple of selections that actually were hard to argue against considering the excellent win on Saturday.

If we are still getthing these sort of results in a month then I will be concerned. But I have faith we wont.

Archived