Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/30/2017 at 23:38, ramblur said:

In 16/17,profit on sale of players' regs+ the Martin loan fee would roughly equate to the exceptional income from the year before,so if all other things were equal,we might expect another £4m FFP undershoot.However,all other things weren't equal and we had new amortisation on Vydra/Anya/ Nugent,although this won't be as much as for transactions prior to 15/16 because of residual values now being allocated.I'd be very surprised if this came to more than £3m,and the overall players' wage bill may well have reduced. So my guess is that the £4m undershoot we may have expected will be reduced by probably £2m-£3m,but increased by any (unquantifiable) wage decrease.

Had a rethink on this because whilst I'd imagine that a relatively young Vydra would have been allocated a fairly high RV, the older Nugent and Anya (also on shorter contracts) would have RV's which would be a much smaller %age of fees paid.Consequently,I'd better ramp up amortisation estimate to the £3m-£4m range (and easily hitting £4m).

Mind you, I based the wages decrease on Martin/Albentosa/Shotton/Buxton/Hendrick/Grant (half year) v Vydra/Anya/Nugent (half year),but forgot about some lesser savings on Guy/Hanson/Vernam/Rawson (loans) + contracts of one or two (maybe 3?) youngsters,like Calero, not being renewed. It all adds up and could compensate for increase in amortisation estimate.

53 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Had a rethink on this because whilst I'd imagine that a relatively young Vydra would have been allocated a fairly high RV, the older Nugent and Anya (also on shorter contracts) would have RV's which would be a much smaller %age of fees paid.Consequently,I'd better ramp up amortisation estimate to the £3m-£4m range (and easily hitting £4m).

Mind you, I based the wages decrease on Martin/Albentosa/Shotton/Buxton/Hendrick/Grant (half year) v Vydra/Anya/Nugent (half year),but forgot about some lesser savings on Guy/Hanson/Vernam/Rawson (loans) + contracts of one or two (maybe 3?) youngsters,like Calero, not being renewed. It all adds up and could compensate for increase in amortisation estimate.

Basically it's a number within a range of say 2-5m?

3 hours ago, Topram said:

No one on twitter is reliable baring john Percy and Owen Bradley, the rest are claiming to be ex agents! Must not have a very entertaining life 

They are just too thick to be able to spell 'exaggerate' correctly.

5 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Jonathan Davidson (must be a kitman) on twitter, put a picture of the training kit all out ready for the team...no number 10 kit laid out

I dont know how to attach photos to put it on

2 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

I think it means nothing. Check out the video of Thorne and look at the training gear he got number 2 on it. Still means nothing IMO

4 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

I think it means nothing. Check out the video of Thorne and look at the training gear he got number 2 on it. Still means nothing IMO

I know they sometimes wear random numbers but surely if that was the case no number would be missing at all?

No coincedance for me that there is no number 5 for shackell who we all know hasnt travelled then no number 10 for ince.

It's no secret that Ince is likely to go to Huddersfield, so it seems pretty obvious that he would stay at home to potentially speak to them at some point this week. If it falls through, great, he can rejoin, but I think it's unlikely that he's in Tenerife with the squad right now.

The squad numbers on the training shirts all but confirms it. 5 is missing because Shackell hasn't travelled, 19 isn't there either because that was Hughes' squad number, 

25 isn't there because Lowe is trying to recover from the injury. Still like I said number on training gear mean nothing IMO.

Just now, t'oldu said:

Thorne is 34

We know that and look at training gear in the video he got number 2 on it. 

4 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

My argument is, why would someone from the club ring up anyone and say "we are gonna make a bid for a player on Tuesday"...don't make sense does it?

By your interpretation, no, not likely at all, but t might be that someone at the club has let slip a bid is being prepared, which would obviously make a lot more sense. Be nice if it's true ;)

1 minute ago, t'oldu said:

He was wearing 34 onThurs working out photos

2 is Christie

Well done. Look at TRAINING GEAR SEE BELOW 

On that TRAINING GEAR IT GOT NUMBER 2. 

Archived