Henri Lansbury - Signed for Aston Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we are probably wasting time on this as I can't see them selling to us but it's worth trying, and I'm sure we have other targets we are talking to now as a back up 

I just can't for the life of me see this happening, Fawaz to his credit has always been against selling players to us, that's the way it should be between us IMO, especially as it's their captain and best player. Also the incoming owners would be better off dry bumming the Robin Hood statue rather than selling us their best player, it would get far less hate!

Even if he goes to Villa after all this, I'm still amused.

We'll have gotten Villa to spend in the region of £15m+ this season on a key striker that's going to miss a key month of the season just as they're getting going, and on our local rival's big player while they're entering a relegation battle and in a transfer embargo.

Just now, JayRam1 said:

I thinks abit worrying if we are going for top 6 and can't compete against rivals for transfers.

Villa have just come down and have a massive pot of parachute money to use before worrying about FFP, how are we supposed to compete with that?

2 minutes ago, JayRam1 said:

I thinks abit worrying if we are going for top 6 and can't compete against rivals for transfers.

We'd probably compete if we had the parachute money they have.

Without that we can't physically spend that kind of money without ending up in the mess that Forest have been in! 

Just now, JayRam1 said:

We end up getting all the rejects like vydra!!

To be fair on him, it's the service that has really let him down. Yes, he misses easy chances but with a constant good supply then his confidence will grow and he will be able to score much more often

Archived