New Chant Possibly

RebelScum

Guy's I have a bucket list of things I want to achieve, such as getting a letter published in the Times and creating a DCFC chant. I've suggested ones in the past, but when they don't take off I take it personally - it's like someone saying that your girlfriend is a hippo-croca-pig.

Any-hoo, I was traveling back to Derby listening to The Stone Roses and I thought, wow, this could work...

Have you seen us have you heard
The way we play there are no words
To describe the way I feel

It will never come to pass
You'll be my first you'll be my last
The way I feel

Derby desperately needs some original chants / songs, I think Since I was young is regarded as ours but that's about it.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RebelScum said:

Golly Eddie... Doff's cap.

Normally I'd agree about the threads for new chants, some are a bit cringe-worthy, I just thought that mine was... Well, brilliant.

Anyway, what do think of my letter to the Editor...

Sir, I am increasingly concerned....

Always write about something that you can be passionate about, whether that's football chants or letters to the editor. My letter to The Times was in either 2000 or 2001 and it was around the time that England actually started winning the odd cricket match again (in 1999 we hit rock bottom, being ranked below Zimbabwe). I identified the precise moment when England's fortunes turned around - and it just so happened that it was when Corky, recalled to the side, started thrashing the West Indies all over the park when it looked as though we were going to lose again.

If you are passionate about being concerned (as opposed to concerned about being passionate) then go for it.

6 hours ago, Mick Brolly said:

The stone who? Surely someone could make a chant with a showaddywaddy tune!

Mel he drives a big flash car

But he doesn't look like a movie star

But with his money we're going far

But  baby

You've got what it takes, to satisfy

You've got what it takes to set this league on fire

whoah whoah whoah whoah yea

You've got what it takes to win.

11 hours ago, RebelScum said:

Guy's I have a bucket list of things I want to achieve, such as getting a letter published in the Times and creating a DCFC chant. I've suggested ones in the past, but when they don't take off I take it personally - it's like someone saying that your girlfriend is a hippo-croca-pig.

Any-hoo, I was traveling back to Derby listening to The Stone Roses and I thought, wow, this could work...

Have you seen us have you heard
The way we play there are no words

It will never come to pass
You'll be my first you'll be my last
The way I feel

Derby desperately needs some original chants / songs, I think Since I was young is regarded as ours but that's about it.

Love it ! 

And yep agree .. 

DCFC NEEDS some original songs/chants ... 

Love this . ..

Alright, I've not been to a game in yonks, but from what I remember 99.9999% of football songs contain about 10 words. And the good ones less! Obviously there are some exceptions but songs like Steve Bloomer's Watching are normally promoted by the club, fed through the loud speakers game after game until everybody knows them (I wasn't there when it started and am probably speaking out of my armpit). There are some really good suggestions, and some god damn terrible ones too :ph34r:, on several threads but I think that any new songs, either original or stolen, will be spontaneous. By all means keep on trying folks, but don't get down if none of your efforts ever become terrace hits!

45 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Alright, I've not been to a game in yonks, but from what I remember 99.9999% of football songs contain about 10 words. And the good ones less! Obviously there are some exceptions but songs like Steve Bloomer's Watching are normally promoted by the club, fed through the loud speakers game after game until everybody knows them (I wasn't there when it started and am probably speaking out of my armpit). There are some really good suggestions, and some god damn terrible ones too :ph34r:, on several threads but I think that any new songs, either original or stolen, will be spontaneous. By all means keep on trying folks, but don't get down if none of your efforts ever become terrace hits!

I've started loads over the years in the Popside, Ossie end, C stand and the South stand and most are either a P1sstake or in reply to something coming from the other fans.

1 hour ago, philmycock said:

Surely a good chant needs to come from a banging well known tune....

I offer you, Slade...

"So here it is, Derby County, everybody is a Ram..."

Add a few la, la, las and that could be a winner. As I said though, short without having to learn 50 lines of a song.

How about reintroducing some unused old chants?                                                                                                                                   Over there over there and do they smell dddddd like fu##ing hell!

Archived