Current Form

loweman2

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Bloody hell we are clutching at straws.. We will be down to one game soon, or even the first 14 mins form.

We could always get the football league to discount all goals scored after 90 minutes! 

I'm certainly not getting carried away. A few defeats on the spin and the mood and league table changes. I'm enjoying it now though it has to be said.

Without belittling the Derby players, those first few matches under Pearson and my first ones as a Derby fan left me dumbfounded.

I saw no real discernable difference between the league 2 stuff I've basked in for the past 20 years and what Derby were serving up. The only difference was about 39,000k a week more in wages.

Under McClaren the side have really come out of their shell and played some decent stuff. I still feel there are more gears but its promising and the squad we have are starting to play like players with ability - which is what most of them are.

The good thing is that we can improve and we've managed to get results now despite not being at our best.

There is a huge glaring light approaching the end of the tunnel now which under Pearson i never thought I'd see. Whether it was Pearson or the players downing tools I have no idea but it's looking like Mr Morris made up for his error of appointing Pearson ( no blame on my part apportioned) by appointing McClaren who at the very least is easy going, amiable and wants to play football in the right manner.

Not getting carried away like I said but what a relief this last month has been.

10 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I'm certainly not getting carried away. A few defeats on the spin and the mood and league table changes. I'm enjoying it now though it has to be said.

Without belittling the Derby players, those first few matches under Pearson and my first ones as a Derby fan left me dumbfounded.

I saw no real discernable difference between the league 2 stuff I've basked in for the past 20 years and what Derby were serving up. The only difference was about 39,000k a week more in wages.

Under McClaren the side have really come out of their shell and played some decent stuff. I still feel there are more gears but its promising and the squad we have are starting to play like players with ability - which is what most of them are.

The good thing is that we can improve and we've managed to get results now despite not being at our best.

There is a huge glaring light approaching the end of the tunnel now which under Pearson i never thought I'd see. Whether it was Pearson or the players downing tools I have no idea but it's looking like Mr Morris made up for his error of appointing Pearson ( no blame on my part apportioned) by appointing McClaren who at the very least is easy going, amiable and wants to play football in the right manner.

Not getting carried away like I said but what a relief this last month has been.

Tell me, how do you go from following a League 2 side to DCFC?

Seems strange.

3 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Who were you following before Derby? And why the change if you don't mind me asking?

9 minutes ago, Howard Canitbé said:

Who were you following before Derby? And why the change if you don't mind me asking?

York City.

A combination of disillusionment with how the club has been run into the ground, contempt and disregard for fans, poor facilities and stupid ticket prices for the level of football both for kids and adults, joke of a chairman and ineffective trust both of which have no intention of communicating with fans, ridiculous charade regarding the new community stadium which should have been opened two seasons ago yet a digger is still to even start digging (York council IMO have no money and no intention of ever building it), just all round rank and gross phoenix nights esque amateurish running of a football club and fans don't have a voice.

Driving the length and breadth of the country to pay 20 quid to get in at the likes of Salisbury City with one ramshackle bog for 500 city fans had to stop. I couldn't do it anymore. Those who run the club have given up and so have I.

Chairman Jason McGill recently admitted he's lost interest in the club and hasn't got time for it anymore so he wants to concentrate now on HIS business JM Packaging and has appointed a new Chief Exec to oversee the running of the club.

The new Chief Exec is ex manager Jackie McNamara who got the club relegated into the national league, brought in a new squad of players in the summer, most on 2 year contracts - none of which are good enough, he had not won an away game in 29 tries, got battered at then bottom club Guiseley 6-1 and took York to 5th bottom of the National League.

He then had the luxury of deciding whether or not he should step down and offered his resignation if the club didn't beat Braintree in a recent league game in which they drew. He then resigned but took over as caretaker boss until a new manager was found!!

He got fined for fare dodging on a trip back to Scotland on the train so he could pick up a new car. Now he's running the whole club! It really is absolute madness of a scale I don't think I've ever seen at a football club.

I've lived in Derbyshire for over ten years now and my kid was born and lives here so thought I'd pick a local club that is well run and offers value for money and by and large treat fans with regard. That ruled Chesterfield out immediately which is a shame as I'm 5 minutes away from the Prozac.

I just decided one day that enough was enough and although my kid went to a few York games with me, I want her supporting a local club who won't end up going bust within the next 10 years.

We thought about Matlock Town also as i have a passion for tiny obscure non league sides but in the end I sold out to the razzmataz that accompanies supporting a club with 30,000 fans. More for the kid than me if it has to be said. I don't want her making the same mistakes as me and spending half her younger years following a tin pot team with a tin pot business model.

Business Model being rip fans off, ignore them, treat them like dirt and take advantage and do this for years and years and years and just rely on those die cards that will keep coming and keep the club afloat when its probably best if the club goes under, gets reformed at a more realistic level financially and fairly and run by the fans so everything and everyone has a say and is accountable.

So long as those thousand or so keep turning up then nothing need ever change for the better.

I'd rather watch a reformed club at the very bottom of the pyramid for 10 quid a game and feel a part of it all like its my club than be made to feel totally abandoned by the one in it's current guise.

Derby as a choice is more by default really due to the local factor but as far as my kid goes I think it was a good choice.

You can't just switch clubs and feel the same passion. I've been to every Derby home game this season and I see the passion and excitement a lot more in my kid. She loves getting involved with the flags and all the match day stuff but me, rather sadly from a footballing perspective I feel a bit empty inside. I mean I enjoy the games and all that but I feel like a neutral really rather than a fan to whom a win REALLY matters.

Still, it's early days and I take solace in the fact that people find other partners they feel just as strongly about as their first so translating that, maybe I'll give it time and it will be like I've been Derby forever.

I admit. It's an odd one.

5 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

We thought about Matlock Town also as i have a passion for tiny obscure non league sides but in the end I sold out to the razzmataz that accompanies supporting a club with 30,000 fans. More for the kid than me if it has to be said. I don't want her making the same mistakes as me and spending half her younger years following a tin pot team with a tin pot business model.

Business Model being rip fans off, ignore them, treat them like dirt and take advantage and do this for years and years and years and just rely on those die cards that will keep coming and keep the club afloat when its probably best if the club goes under, gets reformed at a more realistic level financially and fairly and run by the fans so everything and everyone has a say and is accountable.

So long as those thousand or so keep turning up then nothing need ever change for the better.

I'd rather watch a reformed club at the very bottom of the pyramid for 10 quid a game and feel a part of it all like its my club than be made to feel totally abandoned by the one in it's current guise.

Derby as a choice is more by default really due to the local factor but as far as my kid goes I think it was a good choice.

You can't just switch clubs and feel the same passion. I've been to every Derby home game this season and I see the passion and excitement a lot more in my kid. She loves getting involved with the flags and all the match day stuff but me, rather sadly from a footballing perspective I feel a bit empty inside. I mean I enjoy the games and all that but I feel like a neutral really rather than a fan to whom a win REALLY matters.

Still, it's early days and I take solace in the fact that people find other partners they feel just as strongly about as their first so translating that, maybe I'll give it time and it will be like I've been Derby forever.

I admit. It's an odd one.

Damn those pesky die cards. Damn their eyes!

It's a more rational analysis than most and nobody could accuse you of being a glory hunter Tony. enjoy the ride with your family and I hope that the rams continue to treat supporters like you in the right way.

I mainly get to away matches plus around 10 or so home games .  there are still the odd ground that adhere doggedly to the 1:1000 bog ratio but things have generally improved over the last 10 to 20 years.

Our ownership should never be taken for granted . we've had some dark days but matters are relatively stable on that front. 

Just think - driving down the m1 from Chesterfield you could have turned left at j25 instead and ended up in a sinking swamp inhabited by strange creatures who speak a strange language of pigeon Arabic mixed with early 1980s English . something about their glory days......:lol:

I just strongly believe that fans of all clubs across the land invest so much time, effort, money and emotion into supporting their clubs and so the clubs have a responsibility to appreciate this and operate accordingly.

Yeovil Town are one club who have made great efforts in putting fans at the forefront of all they do these past few years and also Bradford City and Accrington.

Accrington survive and regularly compete with the likes of Plymouth, Portsmouth, Luton etc with gates of under 1500 home fans. They are all in it together and the cameraderie and togetherness between club and supporter is what keeps them alive and resilient. I've been there a number of times and it's a cracking little club and everybody has got time for you.

What most clubs fail to understand is that success is fleeting. By and large most clubs are going to struggle and play inconsistent, often drab football. If the club has formed an unbreakable solid bond with it's supporters through engagement, communication, rewards and initiatives then most of those fans will keep turning up every week even accounting for the poor football because they feel those who run the club help them so when it gets tough they should try and help the club.

Unison. All in it together.

Just my strong views on it that's all. I know of a York fan who used to support Newcastle and now switched to York because he felt ripped off and just a number by the club. He wanted to support a small club where his support would be valued and appreciated. Only thing is he chose the wrong club. Out of the frying pan so to speak for that lad.

It happens more often than you think.

I'd never have gone the other side of J25 anyway despite my mum being from Nottinghamshire originally. My boss a few years back was a forest fan and God was he a tw*t. Not because he was a forest fan but just a grotesquely annoying arrogant selfish ********.

We're Derbyshire now and Derby it is.

One thing I can say about me is I'll attend every home game , even cup , I'll buy merchandise , programmes and get involved. I'll be there on a cold day if we're rock bottom of the league playing Pearson football. All that doesn't matter to me. What's more important is how those who run the club treat me and if they're alright with me, I'm alright with them and that's always how it should be.

6 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I just strongly believe that fans of all clubs across the land invest so much time, effort, money and emotion into supporting their clubs and so the clubs have a responsibility to appreciate this and operate accordingly.

Yeovil Town are one club who have made great efforts in putting fans at the forefront of all they do these past few years and also Bradford City and Accrington.

Accrington survive and regularly compete with the likes of Plymouth, Portsmouth, Luton etc with gates of under 1500 home fans. They are all in it together and the cameraderie and togetherness between club and supporter is what keeps them alive and resilient. I've been there a number of times and it's a cracking little club and everybody has got time for you.

What most clubs fail to understand is that success is fleeting. By and large most clubs are going to struggle and play inconsistent, often drab football. If the club has formed an unbreakable solid bond with it's supporters through engagement, communication, rewards and initiatives then most of those fans will keep turning up every week even accounting for the poor football because they feel those who run the club help them so when it gets tough they should try and help the club.

Unison. All in it together.

Just my strong views on it that's all. I know of a York fan who used to support Newcastle and now switched to York because he felt ripped off and just a number by the club. He wanted to support a small club where his support would be valued and appreciated. Only thing is he chose the wrong club. Out of the frying pan so to speak for that lad.

It happens more often than you think.

I'd never have gone the other side of J25 anyway despite my mum being from Nottinghamshire originally. My boss a few years back was a forest fan and God was he a tw*t. Not because he was a forest fan but just a grotesquely annoying arrogant selfish ********.

We're Derbyshire now and Derby it is.

One thing I can say about me is I'll attend every home game , even cup , I'll buy merchandise , programmes and get involved. I'll be there on a cold day if we're rock bottom of the league playing Pearson football. All that doesn't matter to me. What's more important is how those who run the club treat me and if they're alright with me, I'm alright with them and that's always how it should be.

Coincidentally, as I was born there, Yeovil is my second team. Don't get there at all now since the grandparents died and we have no family there, but still look out for the results.

used to get taken to the old Huish ground (the one with the side to side tilt) by grandfather, until he couldn't stand too well (was never prepared to cough up for a seat). The new ground is much better and I know that the club have put money into the ground rather  than invest in training facilities (they still use some school fields I believe).

Hope the Club never forget that the "hygiene" factors of providing a pleasant matchday experience still matter - its not all about the play on the pitch for some.

56 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Coincidentally, as I was born there, Yeovil is my second team. Don't get there at all now since the grandparents died and we have no family there, but still look out for the results.

used to get taken to the old Huish ground (the one with the side to side tilt) by grandfather, until he couldn't stand too well (was never prepared to cough up for a seat). The new ground is much better and I know that the club have put money into the ground rather  than invest in training facilities (they still use some school fields I believe).

Hope the Club never forget that the "hygiene" factors of providing a pleasant matchday experience still matter - its not all about the play on the pitch for some.

The last bit is spot on Hants and a big bugbear of mine. I am aware many lower league clubs have limited staff , income and resources but there are stacks of things that can be done on a match day that cost next to nothing or even nothing and they can engage and excite fans as well as make some money too.

Yeovil now have a fan park outside Huish which caters mainly for kids and younger fans with playstations, players mingling and playing table football and the like with the kids. Photo opportunities, treasure hunts and all sorts outside the ground to make coming to the ground more interesting.

I know for a fact that some season tickets were randomly delivered to the purchasers doors by manager Darren Way and there is just a whole community aspect to the club with people making the effort. Little things stick in the mind. It's often the little things.

Derby's kids fanpark area is pretty embarrassing for a club the size of Derby but I'm pleased it's at least there. Most clubs have nothing and do nothing for kids.

Half time entertainment at York consisted of some bloke picking lotto tickets out of a plastic bucket and that's it. They have a kids room in the back of the family stand with some manky colouring pencils and bags of sweets but that's it. Atrocious.

In fact the best thing I ever saw from the mascot Yorkie the Lion was when he cycled around the corner flag during a game when a corner was about to be taken ! Google it. It's actually funny. Yorkie bike stunt. Lol anyone who can find itvand put in a youtube link that would be very very appreciated.

Clubs have the whole of the run up to kick off to captivate fans and half time is 15 minutes to a captive audience so take advantage is what I say.

On 6 November 2016 at 14:44, loweman2 said:

Well there it is for all to see !

Continuing improvement !

IMG_3582.JPG

Normal service for reddogs as per usual lol. :) 

Archived