Current Form

loweman2

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is interesting .. earlier in this thread @Tony Le Mesmer talked about players coming out of their shells and thinking there are more gears still. I reckon he's right 

we have all these wins and points that have lifted everyone's spirits. Players coming out and playing like we know they can but we havn't destroyed anyone yet and I get the feeling we can. There is a game coming where we are going to hammer someone, I can feel it in my gut .. Just hoping its Sunday week ! 

Just now, jono said:

It is interesting .. earlier in this thread @Tony Le Mesmer talked about players coming out of their shells and thinking there are more gears still. I reckon he's right 

we have all these wins and points that have lifted everyone's spirits. Players coming out and playing like we know they can but we havn't destroyed anyone yet and I get the feeling we can. There is a game coming where we are going to hammer someone, I can feel it in my gut .. Just hoping its Sunday week ! 

Agree Jono. In the Leeds, Sheff Weds and Norwich games we played well but only really well in fits and starts. Rotherham didn't really give us a test and we were never out of first gear although we played ok.

At home certainly I don't feel that we have delivered a consistent all round comprehensive dominant performance where we are constantly creating chances and putting the opposition under pressure. Obviously it's asking a lot and I am not complaining at all but my point being that I can just sense that we are capable of such a performance now and again but we just haven't seen it yet.

Away performances are more a cause for concern if not the results which I guess is a great position to be in. I am aware that any team in this league has no divine right to go away and put their hosts to the sword but I also feel that we have the personnel to be more adventurous on the road rather than the usual dour nature of our away performances.

I think in both cases I'm probably being unreasonable and purely looking at things from an entertainment perspective. After all it IS about results and we are churning them out.

I've enjoyed our home games under Mac but often feel we are holding something back but can't quite put my finger on it.

It's a delicate balance though as we all know how fragile the modern day footballer is and one disappointing defeat after 6 wins on the spin can easily be the start of an inexplicable bad run.

I suppose we should just be happy we're winning!

6 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Agree Jono. In the Leeds, Sheff Weds and Norwich games we played well but only really well in fits and starts. Rotherham didn't really give us a test and we were never out of first gear although we played ok.

At home certainly I don't feel that we have delivered a consistent all round comprehensive dominant performance where we are constantly creating chances and putting the opposition under pressure. Obviously it's asking a lot and I am not complaining at all but my point being that I can just sense that we are capable of such a performance now and again but we just haven't seen it yet.

Away performances are more a cause for concern if not the results which I guess is a great position to be in. I am aware that any team in this league has no divine right to go away and put their hosts to the sword but I also feel that we have the personnel to be more adventurous on the road rather than the usual dour nature of our away performances.

I think in both cases I'm probably being unreasonable and purely looking at things from an entertainment perspective. After all it IS about results and we are churning them out.

I've enjoyed our home games under Mac but often feel we are holding something back but can't quite put my finger on it.

It's a delicate balance though as we all know how fragile the modern day footballer is and one disappointing defeat after 6 wins on the spin can easily be the start of an inexplicable bad run.

I suppose we should just be happy we're winning!

I think we are getting by ( nice ) but we lack that central forward in a way that helps our style for the remainder of he season ( bent is helping but you have to feel he will be long term injured at some point) and goals from central midfield would help

Archived