new cntre forward

barnsley ram

not much mention on this forum  about the game darron bent had  i thought he was great today rolled back the years with a quality goal and scared them to death in the air perhaps on that showing he is the man to fire us into the play offs could easily have had a hat trick today with a bit of luck. love to know what his stats are minutes played to goals scored in the last two seasons

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, barnsley ram said:

not much mention on this forum  about the game darron bent had  i thought he was great today rolled back the years with a quality goal and scared them to death in the air perhaps on that showing he is the man to fire us into the play offs could easily have had a hat trick today with a bit of luck. love to know what his stats are minutes played to goals scored in the last two seasons

Since signing for us, his record in the league is;

14/15 a goal every 107.5 mins

15/16 a goal every 258.5 mins

16/17 a goal every 508 mins

Taken from https://www.whoscored.com/Players/3116/History/Darren-Bent

Since signing permanently he has scored 3 goals in 34 appearances (9 starts and 25 sub) in the league.

Today was his first league goal since April 23rd against Wednesday.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=28055&season_id=145

5 hours ago, barnsley ram said:

I think Conor Sammon would have looked good against them in the first half .

He had a good first half and could have scored a couple- got a great goal as well, but don't think he is up to a full 90 minuite game anymore. Still think he has a big role to play, but I wouldn't keep him on for virtually the entire match like we did yesterday.

That's two games on the trot he has led the line admirably.

Since McClaren left first time around, he has been a bit-part player, but now he is getting a run in the side with midfield players who are playing to his strengths, I have a feeling that the goals will come.

The transformation we have witnessed in the play of Bradley Johnson over recent weeks has been remarkable - perhaps a similar renaissance will be forthcoming with Darren Bent as the memories of the methods employed under Clement and Pearson fade.

53 minutes ago, eddie said:

That's two games on the trot he has led the line admirably.

Since McClaren left first time around, he has been a bit-part player, but now he is getting a run in the side with midfield players who are playing to his strengths, I have a feeling that the goals will come.

The transformation we have witnessed in the play of Bradley Johnson over recent weeks has been remarkable - perhaps a similar renaissance will be forthcoming with Darren Bent as the memories of the methods employed under Clement and Pearson fade.

Fun fact, (using fun loosely) Bent is 9 minutes off what he played in the league last season already this year, having featured in 10 less games.

Confidence has a big part to play and not getting game time,being brought on as a sub with ten mins to play cant be good for any striker.

A difficult one knowing the permutations of who he plays with especially when Martin was in the squad.However its up to players to cease the oppurtunity and make it difficult for SM to leave them out, lets hope this form continues 

4 hours ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

I have personally slated him recently but the last 2 games have shown he can contribute to the team. Stunning goal.

I'm the same. Personally I think he's one of the clubs least efficient players and although he can do things like he did yesterday he is neither consistent enough or able to negate lack of goals for positives in other areas.

If Derby are looking to kick on and have a crack at the play offs or even automatic, there are many more players capable of offering us a bit more of an overall return for less financial outlay.

Still have to give Bent credit for yesterday however and I thought he played well against Sheff Wednesday too.

6 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

He's won a few brownie points over the last 2 games and that goal should be on hub. So I've softened my stance a little but Barry Bent is still not the answer to our striker problem.

Typed through clenched teeth.

He wasn't great yesterday. Brilliant finish but looked fooked for most of 2 nd half. My guess is, they have worked so hard in training, he had little left for the game. That said, he is, and always has been, one of the cleverest football brains around. No wonder he links up so well with young William. We should either use him or sell him. It's a shame if whatever talent and energy if left, goes to waste on the bench. 

Archived