Our best three players?

JoeDerby

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Is it not about time Hughes actually delivered? 

The fact that he was our player of the year in his last full season and was both The Football League Young Player of the Year and in the Championship Team of the Season the year before would suggest he is delivering…

34 minutes ago, cannable said:

The fact that he was our player of the year in his last full season and was both The Football League Young Player of the Year and in the Championship Team of the Season the year before would suggest he is delivering…

Haven't you just referred to two and three seasons ago? I'm only interested in the here and now. I rate Will, I don't knock any of our players as my post history will tell you. But I do feel many go OTT regards him. He's neat and tidy and still young, but in terms of numbers and impact he doesn't deliver in my opinion anywhere like enough. 

17 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Haven't you just referred to two and three seasons ago? I'm only interested in the here and now. I rate Will, I don't knock any of our players as my post history will tell you. But I do feel many go OTT regards him. He's neat and tidy and still young, but in terms of numbers and impact he doesn't deliver in my opinion anywhere like enough. 

It's a bit harsh asking for the here and now when he was injured for 90% of last season and has been a part of the shower  of ***** this…

21 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Too right mate he was absolute crap last season. What a loser let's sell him.

The best players we have at the club in my opinion are Hughes, Thorne and Martin. Sadly all three have had long spells out which have seriously affected our progress. The rare occasions when they've all been fit should show how quality they are.

Honourable mentions to Fozzy, Butters, Keogh and Carson. It's a strong squad of players the issues we've had have been around injuries to key personnel and working out a way of getting them to actually play as a team. Hopefully that's what Steve is trying to rectify!

14 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

The best players we have at the club in my opinion are Hughes, Thorne and Martin. Sadly all three have had long spells out which have seriously affected our progress. The rare occasions when they've all been fit should show how quality they are.

Honourable mentions to Fozzy, Butters, Keogh and Carson. It's a strong squad of players the issues we've had have been around injuries to key personnel and working out a way of getting them to actually play as a team. Hopefully that's what Steve is trying to rectify!

Agree with all that. Watching Hughes in the first half today makes me wonder how long we'll keep him. A great talent who will get better and better providing he stays fit.

8 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

He is a class act and we are lucky to still have him

• 4 weeks later...

Archived