Our best three players?

JoeDerby

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best three players right now are Pearce Keogh and Hughes with Lowe  Christie Johnson and I guess Carson next up. 

At the club overall - probably, Hughes Lowe Thorne (when he plays). Lowe looks like a Brazilian international or something. Different class.  He's a consistent version of Christie at his best. Impressed.

Can't decide .. Carson should deserve a spot because he is the best keeper we've had since Poom who was nearly a deity

Hughes Ince Thorne are natural choices, as others have said, for pure ability with the ball at their feet. They are the ones who master the ball. 

But then .. Pearce ought to be in with a shout. Amazingly consistent and solid for the whole season. I also think Vydra might be one day soon.  Max Lowe has it in him to get on the list in the future. The other players have great parts to their games that  are good to watch but the all round inate strengths that make a PL player are not complete

Difficult at the moment to boil it down to three. It's a case of what you like I guess.

For me?

Carson: Looking every bit the international class goalkeeper this season, totally dominate, great saves.
Pearce: Has grabbed his chance with both hands, undroppable. Absolutely rock solid.
Bent: The renaissance man. Superb in every aspect of his game right now. Good to have the real Darren bent back.

1) Hughes - unbelievable talent, a unique player in this league and easily our most influential player when on form

2) Ince - another naturally gifted player who just needed the right guidance, returning to the player we first signed

3) Keogh - has a couple of iffy moments but by and large an absolute colossus for us in defence and a true leader

Archived