Our best three players?

JoeDerby

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1, Hughes ,, at his best he stands out 

2, keough ,, our very own marmite and won't be fully appreciated until he s gone and we need to replace him,,,

3 ( tin hat on) .  Christie ,,the next Hendrick in terms of being under appreciated by us (not all) but will be poached from us if we not carefull ,,, yes he has his faults and at times can really frustrate with the final ball or decision making in the final third but the lad is an ever present and people miss the role he plays with his pace and workrate , he keeps the opposition honest and he gets us out from the back so so so often ,, not one of our multitude of managers has considered replacing him , hell they hav nt even got like for like cover

6 hours ago, curtains said:

Johnson

Butterfield. 

Shackell 

Thorne when fit replaces Johnson or Butterfield. 

Interesting. I wouldn't have any of them in my first choice XI, let alone as my best 3 players. Opinions.

Thorne and Hughes. I'm struggling for the third as I think there are multiple candidates, but it's difficult to compare a centre back to a centre forward, for example, as they have totally different attributes. 

The reason however that I choose Hughes and Thorne is that I believe they would stand out in whatever team they played, whereas I can't think of any other players that would do that. 

Define best someone? Hughes is technically gifted, but his goals/assists stats over the last few years is really nothing to get carried away about.  In fact I suspect it is poor. I am struggling to come up with names in truth. I do hope George comes back as the player we know he can be.

Archived