Missing pieces?

Sparkle

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nowt wrong with 433. its suits what we've got.

we're like a clock that isn't quite working properly. most of the bits seem to be there, but the cogs don't quite synchronise.

Not surprising  after its been badly dropped a couple of times.

we need to oil it before we start taking it to bits again.

11 hours ago, TroyDyer said:

Barton would be a perfect signing. But you are right. Not a chance the click would allow it. They are doing just fine and dandy as they are. 

People complain that we've got players who don't play for the club, and yet Barton's name is constantly mentioned. Not somebody who'd put anyone before himself, least of all Derby County. 

Johnson is more than capable to play holding role and has done ok in last few games. Him and Thorne should compete for that position.

Bryson and Hughes should be first choice as the other two midfielders. Cannot play Hughes and Butterfield in same team and I think the latter struggles in a 3 as he doesnt have the engine. A new box to box midfielder is needed for competition (provided we can shift some people out) but until then if Bryson is unavailable they should consider playing Anya in the middle 3 as back up due to his energy and running power. Don't care what anyone says we're missing Jeff! 

I think Vydra and Anya need to play wide, and we need a new centre forward. Fulham have said Martin isn't coming back this season so need a replacement. Until then though they should consider Weimann, or if McClaren can work miracles and make him the wrecking machine he should be, play Blackman down the middle.

We also need better than Christie at right back

id be looking to offload ince bent butterfield and probably Blackman  unless there is drastic improvement in his game. Don't fancy many will want these 4 though.

1 hour ago, Howard Canitbé said:

People complain that we've got players who don't play for the club, and yet Barton's name is constantly mentioned. Not somebody who'd put anyone before himself, least of all Derby County. 

So he didn't put himself on the line and play critical roles in QPR and Burnley's promotions? Don't believe the red top hype regarding him. 

On 22 October 2016 at 17:28, Sparkle said:

Fairly straightforward in my opinion,

centre forward who can control the football, pass the football and score goals - probably Martin

defensive midfielder fit and available to allow Johnson to move to a more forward role - probably Thorne at some point

full backs or wide players who get to the bye line and cross the ball between the six yard box and penalty spot - I can only think of the injured Forsyth who did that properly

somebody who can actually take a set piece and get it to our players in the box - actually Joey Barton may be available soon and I don't like him but needs must.

Decent points Sparkle....then you go and spoil it at the end...

We need an app that freezes time at 90 minutes seeing as once we're in injury time we decide that's it game over. 5 points lost now for goals conceded ridiculously late. Don't think we've recovered from 2-0 V Brum in added time :pinch: 

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Decent points Sparkle....then you go and spoil it at the end...

i dont think we need another centre forward we need mid fielders who can play through balls bradley jonhson has tuned into robbie savage who was the best side ways passer of a ball i have ever seen will is also playing sideways most of the time and no wonder ince and vydra have no space they both need fist time through balls

Archived