Leaders...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed, a nice a bloke as keogh is a captain he is not. How many goals have we conceded late on this season, it really is a disgrace. We desperately have needed a real captain for years, not only would they stop these lapses in concentration, but surely also give the attackers more confidence 

New captain please. Then Rawson in. Elsnik in. Hanson in. Vernam in. Lowe of course. I'd even think about Stabana at right back. Think different ffs. I'd rather get relegated with young Derby boys who'll have a go than this glorified set of paycheque collectors. yes it's panic mode time.

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Yeah, it's Keogh's fault we've only scored seven times in 14 matches...

It's his fault often, that we concede late goals. Its his fault we have no leader. Its his fault we are disorganised and chaotic. 

The man  (term used loosely) is poisonous. 

3 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Keogh is a **** and the sooner someone has the balls to get rid of him, the sooner we can turn this club around.  Until then, nothing will change. 

We currently have the joint second best defensive stats in the league despite numerous left back injuries and the Shackell situation. We have scored 7 goals in 14 games and only Sunderland have scored less this season (but have 5 games less played). And you think getting rid of Keogh will suddenly change all of our fortunes? What an intelligent suggestion.

Leadership per say isnt so relevant in moderm Football. You just dont see those Robin Van der laan captains anymore.

Im pretty sure i have heard many ex pro pundits and managers say as much. Gone are those days.

Now captainship comes in different forms one of the biggest being leading by example.

What is required however is strong mentalities.

and players who can believe in their own ability to win their own personal battles on the pitch.

This can sometimes be read as cocky players, players who generally believe they are the greatest thing, and thats what we need at the moment particularly in theose forward positions.

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

We currently have the joint second best defensive stats in the league despite numerous left back injuries and the Shackell situation. We have scored 7 goals in 14 games and only Sunderland have scored less this season (but have 5 games less played). And you think getting rid of Keogh will suddenly change all of our fortunes? What an intelligent suggestion.

Yes I do. 100%. The man is poison. 

Archived