Leaders...

Mentality of these players is so so weak! Only want to look for an easy pass, not willing to make a run or even show for a for a pass! 

I rate Hughes highly, but recently he only wants to make the easy pass. Same with Butterfield! 

Things don't look likely to change either which is very concerning 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AshfieldRam said:

Mentality of these players is so so weak! Only want to look for an easy pass, not willing to make a run or even show for a for a pass! 

I rate Hughes highly, but recently he only wants to make the easy pass. Same with Butterfield! 

Things don't look likely to change either which is very concerning 

They don't want to move, because they think if they make the pass into Vydra then the ball will come straight back at an opposition players feet, leaving them out of position. Might take time for that trust to be gained.

Doesn't help when your captain and supposed leader is getting rings run round him just before they score.... Pearce is the leader, he's been captain in a promotion side.

I have heard many times former players state how being a captain doesn't exactly mean being a mini manager on the pitch as everyone thinks, its more a personality thing, someone who is well liked in the dressing room, is a measured guy who can speak up for the players if required.

The fact people are on here keep berating Keogh (again) confirms to me that he is the base scapegoat some fans revert to slagging off when they have had their fill with others (Johnson, Ince, Christie) despite him being our player of the season last year and he always gives his all in Derby shirt, no-one can dispute that. I would rather have him and Pearce than bring Shackell back into the line up, who clearly does not give his all for Derby as the man refuses to be positive on the ball, unlike Keogh and Pearce.

It isn't Keogh's fault we conceded late, this is a team game!

They should all be leaders. They have all gone through a footballing learning process, from child football, through youth football, representative levels etc.

They should not be looking around for inspiration.

We have players who have built up big reputations. It's up to them to step up and play to their potential.

However, I'd still like to see Hughes, Johnson, Butterfield and Bryson in the same side and ditch the inconsistent Russell and Ince.

Any choice of Anya, Weimann or Bent alongside Vydra.

We have scored a lot of goals in the past from midfield. We need to allow two of them to get further forward and that means having two behind them to mop up.

23 minutes ago, ramant62 said:

We need someone who doesn't point the finger at others when they are at fault themselves. Pearce is a good shout, or anyone with a bit of passion for the club. Jonny Russell anyone :whistle:

Agree with all this until the Jonny Russell part.. Really???? 

Richard Keogh, Alex Pearce, Chris Baird, Craig Bryson, Bradley Johnson, Jason Shackell have all been captains/leaders at Derby and most at other clubs.....

On ‎22‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 17:22, Ninos said:

New captain please. Then Rawson in. Elsnik in. Hanson in. Vernam in. Lowe of course. I'd even think about Stabana at right back. Think different ffs. I'd rather get relegated with young Derby boys who'll have a go than this glorified set of paycheque collectors. yes it's panic mode time.

I imagine Mel guaranteed Mac freedom to manage the team, but not that much freedom :unsure:

2 hours ago, ramant62 said:

Ha ha it was tongue in cheek, can't deny his passion though

No you can't mate, just don't rate him at all think he's had hit time at Derby 

3 hours ago, TopRam said:

Doesn't help when your captain and supposed leader is getting rings run round him just before they score.... Pearce is the leader, he's been captain in a promotion side.

Doesn't help when your captain is struggling with injury at the time, covering for an errant right back against a fresh, substitute winger.

On 22/10/2016 at 17:42, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I think our defensive record is some what inflated by negative football under Pearson. Yes, we didn't concede many under him, but the goals scored/conceded record is shocking. It's no different to scoring loads but conceding more. So I don't buy the excellent defensive record, to be honest. 

2 goal conceded in the 5 games since Pearson was suspended.

17 minutes ago, ShaunTheRam said:

Where was Christie at the time Keogh was in his position at right back in the 93rd minute - anybody know?

Further forward on the same flank trying to stop the guy who Anya was failing to mark at the time. 

And some people on another thread are suggesting Anya at right back.

1 hour ago, PodgeyRam said:

Doesn't help when your captain is struggling with injury at the time, covering for an errant right back against a fresh, substitute winger.

Fair point it must be hard doing 2 jobs as Christie doesn't do his 

Archived