The Mac - according to the BBC

richinspain

3 hours ago, Tombo said:

The interesting thing I think is this course he's taking. Sporting Directorship. He says when he's finished coaching he wants to use these skills to take a more directorial role and run a club from a bit further up.

!!!

Resonating with anyone else but me? He'd be a fool to let us down again and bugger off elsewhere. Keep managing us, step upstairs, be a Sporting Director above a manager, ensure that this manager is keeping to this "Derby Way" culture. Who better to judge such a culture from above? The more I think about it, the more certain I am that this is the intention

Good article which I enjoyed reading. I like Mac. The players like him. He enjoys coaching which he is excellent at and they enjoy training under his tutelage. What I noticed about Mac when he returned was the permanent grin etched across his boat. When he said to Radio Derby that he was very lucky to be back, it had the ring of total sincerity. The apology he'd given earlier also had the ring of genuine contrition. Perhaps Mac now has a vision that involves Derby County rather than one of the so-called "bigger clubs". Perhaps the penny has dropped that at Derby County, he now has the chance to build a dynasty and a lasting legacy ( I wince when I hear some of our supporters decry our own ambition; some clearly haven't yet bought into it, but I think Mac now has).

The newly-installed heaters at the iPro are in microcosm a symbol of the ambition that Mel Morris has. In his vision, every detail is attended to : supporter warmth at half-time, the PA system, the state of the art pitch, the Supporters' Committee, the Academy, the Academy Infrastructure, the spa, the gym, the training pitches, the cctv videoing  how Derby County train to be used as a training visual aid for younger up-coming players...et cetera, et cetera...

The list goes on. We are superbly lucky to have a chap called Mel who wants to take Derby County to the pinnacle of what it means to be a top English football club. At the moment, we are all probably focusing on the outcome of this season (will we...won't we make the play-offs? etc). Well actually, let's raise our sights 3 years hence or 5 years hence. There are several Academy players that are starting to appear with real promise...Lowe, Rawson, Hanson, Elsnik, Vernam...we are blessed with a rich talent. Now, if I was Mac I would start to think a bit more strategically. I would want to put in place a system that allows himself to start leaving the coaching (once he's established the coaching culture that he wants throughout the club) and I would start to look towards becoming the Director of Football...I would most certainly get Paul Simpson back. I know we have Chris Powell, top bloke, but I want Simpson too who is clearly a clever chap who knows football.  And if I was Mac I would be adding to some of the detail in Mel's vision and ensuring that I totally understand what it means. Because, if Mac seizes all the opportunity in front of him at derby County, that is almost literally sitting on a plate, then he will have the reputation and the plaudits that presumably he foresaw as a possibility at Newcastle. The permanence of the grin on Mac's face last week leads me to believe that Mac does understand just what an opportunity he has just now...and so I don't think he'll blow it this time. Mac can become a genuine legend at Derby County and the brolly nonesense will be long buried. In 24 months time, Paul Clement and Pearson will be footnotes in the history of Derby County, and Mac will be at the helm of something that anybody connected with football won't be able to be anything but impressed with.   

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

And?

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

And?

And so, Newcastle (Geordies), Durham (Pit Yakkers), Hartlepool (Monkey Hangers), Darlington (Quakers), Sunderland (Mackems) and Boro (Smoggies). Just in case you wish to differentiate next time there's a need to classify a place in the north east.

1 minute ago, WharfedaleRam said:

And so, Newcastle (Geordies), Durham (Pit Yakkers), Hartlepool (Monkey Hangers), Darlington (Quakers), Sunderland (Mackems) and Boro (Smoggies). Just in case you wish to differentiate next time there's a need to classify a place in the north east.

I probably won't bother, but I'm sure someone else will find it handy.

The point that got lost, because I couldn't remember they were Smoggies, is why a quantity of them weren't bothered about losing the only manager that had gained success for them at a high level?

19 minutes ago, WharfedaleRam said:

I always enjoyed the monkey hangers story. It goes something like "a ship was wrecked off the coast near hartlepool which had some monkeys on board, the monkeys made it ashore, but the good people of Hartlepool mistook them for spanish sailors (we were probably at war with spain at the time), and promptly hung them. 

20 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I always enjoyed the monkey hangers story. It goes something like "a ship was wrecked off the coast near hartlepool which had some monkeys on board, the monkeys made it ashore, but the good people of Hartlepool mistook them for spanish sailors (we were probably at war with spain at the time), and promptly hung them. 

I thought it was French spies.

21 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Don't know how they made that mistake, monkeys are far too good looking :ph34r:

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I probably won't bother, but I'm sure someone else will find it handy.

The point that got lost, because I couldn't remember they were Smoggies, is why a quantity of them weren't bothered about losing the only manager that had gained success for them at a high level?

Yes it's interesting. A pal of mine is a Boro supporter and despite our fiasco with Mac, he still has a lot of time and respect for him. I guess he remembers the good times unlike those who now fill their stadium now they've been promoted to the promised land.

46 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Good article which I enjoyed reading. I like Mac. The players like him. He enjoys coaching which he is excellent at and they enjoy training under his tutelage. What I noticed about Mac when he returned was the permanent grin etched across his boat. When he said to Radio Derby that he was very lucky to be back, it had the ring of total sincerity. The apology he'd given earlier also had the ring of genuine contrition. Perhaps Mac now has a vision that involves Derby County rather than one of the so-called "bigger clubs". Perhaps the penny has dropped that at Derby County, he now has the chance to build a dynasty and a lasting legacy ( I wince when I hear some of our supporters decry our own ambition; some clearly haven't yet bought into it, but I think Mac now has).

The newly-installed heaters at the iPro are in microcosm a symbol of the ambition that Mel Morris has. In his vision, every detail is attended to : supporter warmth at half-time, the PA system, the state of the art pitch, the Supporters' Committee, the Academy, the Academy Infrastructure, the spa, the gym, the training pitches, the cctv videoing  how Derby County train to be used as a training visual aid for younger up-coming players...et cetera, et cetera...

The list goes on. We are superbly lucky to have a chap called Mel who wants to take Derby County to the pinnacle of what it means to be a top English football club. At the moment, we are all probably focusing on the outcome of this season (will we...won't we make the play-offs? etc). Well actually, let's raise our sights 3 years hence or 5 years hence. There are several Academy players that are starting to appear with real promise...Lowe, Rawson, Hanson, Elsnik, Vernam...we are blessed with a rich talent. Now, if I was Mac I would start to think a bit more strategically. I would want to put in place a system that allows himself to start leaving the coaching (once he's established the coaching culture that he wants throughout the club) and I would start to look towards becoming the Director of Football...I would most certainly get Paul Simpson back. I know we have Chris Powell, top bloke, but I want Simpson too who is clearly a clever chap who knows football.  And if I was Mac I would be adding to some of the detail in Mel's vision and ensuring that I totally understand what it means. Because, if Mac seizes all the opportunity in front of him at derby County, that is almost literally sitting on a plate, then he will have the reputation and the plaudits that presumably he foresaw as a possibility at Newcastle. The permanence of the grin on Mac's face last week leads me to believe that Mac does understand just what an opportunity he has just now...and so I don't think he'll blow it this time. Mac can become a genuine legend at Derby County and the brolly nonesense will be long buried. In 24 months time, Paul Clement and Pearson will be footnotes in the history of Derby County, and Mac will be at the helm of something that anybody connected with football won't be able to be anything but impressed with.   

Wow, what a top, top post !!

I believe that the DCFC action plan should be:

1. Get both CM and JB  back here in January. One our key pivot and the other our tribal leader.

2. Meanwhile, let's start to blood Rawson, Vernam and Elsnik. IMO, if we once actually again become resident in the PL, Lowe will be odds on to be the regular England left back. So much talent he has!! Ashley Cole, arrgh!!

3. Reconnect with the fans:
a. South stand to become all ("safe") standing, in the wake of the Hillsborough fiasco. Dortmund, anybody?
b. All rise: At 2.50pm, Community singing to some rocking and galvanizing songs (Btw, I know some, MM). 

4. Jake style: Players to STOP wearing those poncey fluorescent boots - black ones only guys !! No fey undershirts. Short or long sleeves only and tucked in properly. And do NOT forget to (sincerely) pat your badge when waiting in the tunnel. Definitely NO gloves, or the forfeit is to give SR a big sloppy smacker afterwards or bend over in the showers for a right good soapy smack from Uncle Mac !!
Time to man up, boys!!

5. Please, oh please stop trying to make our home games a "Family Fun Day Out" event !! It's a TRIBAL thing, trust me!!

Oh, and BTW, please do keep your sodding phones in your pockets, once the team run out. Get down and get with it, people!!

PS. For any interested parties outside of this here forum, please do feel free to be in touch. Loads more ideas where this came from, honest.

PPS. Cynics do not even bother to reply. What a right bunch of losers.....

The World awaits folks !!

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Excellent post sir, exciting times ahead...

4 hours ago, Robbie Ram said:

Wow, what a top, top post !!

I believe that the DCFC action plan should be:

1. Get both CM and JB  back here in January. One our key pivot and the other our tribal leader.

2. Meanwhile, let's start to blood Rawson, Vernam and Elsnik. IMO, if we once actually again become resident in the PL, Lowe will be odds on to be the regular England left back. So much talent he has!! Ashley Cole, arrgh!!

3. Reconnect with the fans:
a. South stand to become all ("safe") standing, in the wake of the Hillsborough fiasco. Dortmund, anybody?
b. All rise: At 2.50pm, Community singing to some rocking and galvanizing songs (Btw, I know some, MM). 

4. Jake style: Players to STOP wearing those poncey fluorescent boots - black ones only guys !! No fey undershirts. Short or long sleeves only and tucked in properly. And do NOT forget to (sincerely) pat your badge when waiting in the tunnel. Definitely NO gloves, or the forfeit is to give SR a big sloppy smacker afterwards or bend over in the showers for a right good soapy smack from Uncle Mac !!
Time to man up, boys!!

5. Please, oh please stop trying to make our home games a "Family Fun Day Out" event !! It's a TRIBAL thing, trust me!!

Oh, and BTW, please do keep your sodding phones in your pockets, once the team run out. Get down and get with it, people!!

PS. For any interested parties outside of this here forum, please do feel free to be in touch. Loads more ideas where this came from, honest.

PPS. Cynics do not even bother to reply. What a right bunch of losers.....

The World awaits folks !!

That's a creepy line right there if ever I heard one. 

Archived