Paul Simpson & Eric Steele

RamsPolls

25 minutes ago, valleyram said:

no picking the right team at Wembley cost derby promotion fact

This is incredibly results oriented and a pretty unfair use of hindsight.  Just because you write 'fact' at the end doesn't make it true.  By this logic did Redknapp do everything right? Just because they stole a goal on the counter? His team got hammered for the majority of the game. 

The 'fact' is there's sometimes incredibly fine lines between glory and failure. There's lots of legitimate reasons to criticize McClaren, but Wembley is certainly not one of them.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, valleyram said:

I don't need to answer you but over the last 5 years ive enjoyed watching derby county since bryso joined and probably seen more games than you  , but over the last 18 months the club is the laughing stock of English football , hiring and firing at will and to bring a guy back who has blown 2 chances of getting to the premiership is beyond belief and just makes the club a joke

But the players have blown 3 chances if getting to the Premier League - with your boy amongst them. I would categorise you as a Bryson fan rather than a Derby fan - nowt wrong with that but am I correct?

12 hours ago, valleyram said:

I don't need to answer you but over the last 5 years ive enjoyed watching derby county since bryso joined and probably seen more games than you  , but over the last 18 months the club is the laughing stock of English football , hiring and firing at will and to bring a guy back who has blown 2 chances of getting to the premiership is beyond belief and just makes the club a joke

Just out of interest who did you watch before your 5 years of watching the RAMS ?

4 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Just done some digging, Does Paul Simpson still work for Newcastle? 

I can't find anywhere that says he was sacked or released along with McClaren. 

Maybe he's still a coach under Benitez?

Paul Simpson, Alessandro Schoenmaker and Steve Black will part company with the club with immediate effect.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20160311/rafa-benitez-confirmed-as-newcastle-manager_2281670_5411873

3 hours ago, loweman2 said:

guys I spoke to him yesterday and he is not coming or has not been asked I should say !

How you managed to speak to him ?  I would not rule this out as yet. Paul Simpson would jump at the return :)

51 minutes ago, Ibby said:

How you managed to speak to him ?  I would not rule this out as yet. Paul Simpson would jump at the return :)

I have contact with him, and yes im sure he would jump at the chance but he certainly hasn't been asked, I suppose that chris powell has a contract in place and mel doesn't want to paying off another one, maclaren and powell have a past so lets hope that they got on well back then.

Archived