For those having a pop at Mel

NottsRam77

3 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Careful what you wish for.

Read the comments, it's gold lol

http://m.nottinghampost.com/pedro-pereira-quits-nottingham-forest/story-29789875-detail/story.html#comments

when this nutcase was unveiled as chairman they thought Christmas had come early, foreign investor, mega rich family (sold Natalie Jackson hook line and sinker)

they would be bank rolled to the premiership if you believed what they were saying having being fed some serious PR speil.

Mels got some things wrong, big time, but my god he's also got a lot right we still have a fantastic future with an academy that thanks to Mels money is the envy of many and a state of the art training ground to boot

it ain't rosy atm but big picture guys, big picture.

Just remember these idiots had heir own Mel Morris in Nigel Doherty (r.i.p) who bankrolled the club spectacularly until the cretins hounded him out of the club with abuse to him and his family.

Like Mel his managerial appointments weren't the best but I reckon if they could rewind time they'd do things rather differently.... So let's just be Careful what we wish for folks 

it would kill me if a cretin like falwaz or Vincent tann got their hands on my beloved club 

bang on but many have short minds and forgot where we ended after the worst prem record and still holds ?? mell needs to stand back and leave us as a buisiness and appoint someone else in is place, otherwise he will get hounded out by the wristslashers and the jelouse idiots that arnt happy no matter what

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

You'll find there's a lot of ****** in Nottingham, most of them attend the city ground every other Saturday ?

This is contradictory, you say there are a lot of them in Nottingham and MOST attend the city ground... 

There are either a lot of them in Nottingham OR most attend the city ground. I've seen their attendances and it can't be both! 

I think people need to shut up and think a while. The CLUB is not a shambles - quite the contrary in fact, its thriving and has longevity and stability. The TEAM is not where it should be. There's a difference and I wish people would separate the two. 

1 hour ago, lee_derby said:

bang on but many have short minds and forgot where we ended after the worst prem record and still holds ?? mell needs to stand back and leave us as a buisiness and appoint someone else in is place, otherwise he will get hounded out by the wristslashers and the jelouse idiots that arnt happy no matter what

Appoint someone else as chairman? Why?

What is he doing that you think should be left to someone else?

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

This is contradictory, you say there are a lot of them in Nottingham and MOST attend the city ground... 

There are either a lot of them in Nottingham OR most attend the city ground. I've seen their attendances and it can't be both! 

Lol ?

37 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I think people need to shut up and think a while. The CLUB is not a shambles - quite the contrary in fact, its thriving and has longevity and stability. The TEAM is not where it should be. There's a difference and I wish people would separate the two. 

Absolutely on the money with that 

4 hours ago, Bridgford Ram said:

My car has broken down twice this week but it doesn't matter because my neighbours car has broken down 6 times seems to be the analogy here.

Yes Falwaz is a clown and Morris is not in the same league as him but his mistakes shouldn't be exempt from criticism just because someone else has it worse.

i hear you but there's a lot more clowns than just falwaz in the football ownership game, what I'm saying is let's not go overboard on Mel.

critisism for sure, he's there to be shot at but let's not hound him out the club in the same way the ****** down the road did to Dougherty, 

then we're left with another consortium or the like to 'manage' our finances

4 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

For our own sanity let's compare Mel to the following Maxwell, The Three Amigos and Sam Longston.

Yes one might have been in the hot seat during the glory days but he was also responsible for the end of Cloughie senior at our then European competing club. 

So for me this is the best Chairman we've had ever and those that disagree just revert to the Maxwell and Three Amigos eras and think again. 

So pick the two worst chairman ever to prove a point, why didn't you include Pickering who was one of the best chairman we ever had 

57 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

On player performances so far this season, the team is exactly where it should be. 

Lets review the Mel "total mess"

Sacked MClaren - popular belief was he'd have gone to Newcastle regardless, so apart from paying him it's a bit nul to criticise.

Hired Clement - calculated risk, top at xmas, then something went awfully wrong.....

Clement signings - spent a lot of money on average players. The Nick Blackman transfer would have been ok if it had been for about a fifth of what we actually paid.

Dressing room - clearly an error in judgment

Fired Clement - we don't really know the extent of why, it seemed premature, harsh and to go back on assurances he'd have a season's grace as he was new to being the head coach. Yes we were still 5th in the table, but also had the worst form in the division.

"the Derby Way" - A massive PR flop. I genuinely believe he was trying to do the right thing - explain his decision, talked mostly to local media, tried to explain something a bit more nuanced than "we'd not won in x games and he'd lost the dressing room" but failed to convey his message very well - "promotion is not the only priority" and "the Derby Way" were facepalm moments of the highest order.

Appointing Wassall - Not that bad an Idea, but he was going to have a hard time being, as some chose to see it, appointed only because we weren't going up anyway. I could see the reasoning. The over reaction was "demented" it seemed to me. One point was, they hadn't lined up a replacement before firing Clement. To some, that's decency, to others, a hopeless way to run things.

Hiring 'Arry - actually seemed to work (although if Harry insisted on playing an unfit Johnson in the play off fist leg he should carry a share of responsibility for that one).

Hiring Nigel Pearson - Well regarded by most.

Firing Pearson - Without knowing if his behaviour was enough to be sacked for (past form, it may well have been, but we do not know), three days before hand Mel was still up for plan Pearson. Whatever the details we will never know but to take a top 6 team into the bottom 3 playing dreadful football you're going to be asking some serious questions, to which you might expect some serious answers.

Mel's vision - seems (from bits, rumours, hunches) that he has a way he sees things working, and this has caused conflict with both Pearson and Clement. I think this is the nub of it - there is a lot of feeling this leads to interfering and constraints on the manager. Personally, i think it's one of those things where the ideal is great and a good thing to guide you, but shouldn't be an inflexible doctrine.

Players relationship with Mel - To close? some would say so. To fond of the old guard? seems so.

Investment? tons

FFP - may be limiting us, we seem to be operating smart enough to go up to but not beyond.

Club infrastructure - by repute has come on leaps and bounds.

My summery:

All he needs to do is back off a bit from players, managers and allow flexibility in his vision because it's a tough game and results do matter.

A few more points on the board and we'll all feel happier.

43 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Appointing Wassall - Not that bad an Idea, but he was going to have a hard time being, as some chose to see it, appointed only because we weren't going up anyway. I could see the reasoning. The over reaction was "demented" it seemed to me. One point was, they hadn't lined up a replacement before firing Clement. To some, that's decency, to others, a hopeless way to run things.

I have lots of views on things Morris has done but to me this is the biggest mistake and possibly the most costly.

We were a team that was 5th in the table, about half way through the season and had shown we had the ability in the squad to put a fantastic run together.  It appears - and I only get this from rumours hinted at on here - that something happened and the wheels fell off.  Fair enough, sack Clement - we don't know what happened, or how things would have panned out if we had kept him but appointing Wassall was testament to giving up on the rest of the season.  Players love an excuse and this was their excuse wrapped up and delivered, if they fail it is because we hadn't got a proper manager.

We had to get additional help - Redknapp -  because Wassall was out of his depth and we bumbled along for the rest of the season winning some, losing some.  Such a waste.

I hate Redknapp with a passion and have done for many a long year but if we had got him in as manager to replace Clement (even with Wassall to assist) you could have understood it.  As with every decision in football it may have worked, it may have failed but it would have been an understandable decision.  Appointing Wassall made no sense then and still makes no sense now.

5 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

I have lots of views on things Morris has done but to me this is the biggest mistake and possibly the most costly.

We were a team that was 5th in the table, about half way through the season and had shown we had the ability in the squad to put a fantastic run together.  It appears - and I only get this from rumours hinted at on here - that something happened and the wheels fell off.  Fair enough, sack Clement - we don't know what happened, or how things would have panned out if we had kept him but appointing Wassall was testament to giving up on the rest of the season.  Players love an excuse and this was their excuse wrapped up and delivered, if they fail it is because we hadn't got a proper manager.

We had to get additional help - Redknapp -  because Wassall was out of his depth and we bumbled along for the rest of the season winning some, losing some.  Such a waste.

I hate Redknapp with a passion and have done for many a long year but if we had got him in as manager to replace Clement (even with Wassall to assist) you could have understood it.  As with every decision in football it may have worked, it may have failed but it would have been an understandable decision.  Appointing Wassall made no sense then and still makes no sense now.

I didn't see it that way, I saw it as Mel thinking he had someone in the club who was up to it (mistaken, perhaps) that could slot in and employ his "vision". Didn't do enough to get the job full time. the 'arry thing did work to an extent.

You've posted the counter argument very well.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Lets review the Mel "total mess"

Sacked MClaren - popular belief was he'd have gone to Newcastle regardless, so apart from paying him it's a bit nul to criticise.

Hired Clement - calculated risk, top at xmas, then something went awfully wrong.....

Clement signings - spent a lot of money on average players. The Nick Blackman transfer would have been ok if it had been for about a fifth of what we actually paid.

Dressing room - clearly an error in judgment

Fired Clement - we don't really know the extent of why, it seemed premature, harsh and to go back on assurances he'd have a season's grace as he was new to being the head coach. Yes we were still 5th in the table, but also had the worst form in the division.

"the Derby Way" - A massive PR flop. I genuinely believe he was trying to do the right thing - explain his decision, talked mostly to local media, tried to explain something a bit more nuanced than "we'd not won in x games and he'd lost the dressing room" but failed to convey his message very well - "promotion is not the only priority" and "the Derby Way" were facepalm moments of the highest order.

Hiring 'Arry - actually seemed to work (although if Harry insisted on playing an unfit Johnson in the play off fist leg he should carry a share of responsibility for that one).

Hiring Nigel Pearson - Well regarded by most.

Firing Pearson - Without knowing if his behaviour was enough to be sacked for (past form, it may well have been, but we do not know), three days before hand Mel was still up for plan Pearson. Whatever the details we will never know but to take a top 6 team into the bottom 3 playing dreadful football you're going to be asking some serious questions, to which you might expect some serious answers.

Mel's vision - seems (from bits, rumours, hunches) that he has a way he sees things working, and this has caused conflict with both Pearson and Clement. I think this is the nub of it - there is a lot of feeling this leads to interfering and constraints on the manager. Personally, i think it's one of those things where the ideal is great and a good thing to guide you, but shouldn't be an inflexible doctrine.

Players relationship with Mel - To close? some would say so. To fond of the old guard? seems so.

Investment? tons

FFP - may be limiting us, we seem to be operating smart enough to go up to but not beyond.

Club infrastructure - by repute has come on leaps and bounds.

My summery:

All he needs to do is back off a bit from players, managers and allow flexibility in his vision because it's a tough game and results do matter.

A few more points on the board and we'll all feel happier.

Cracking post mate 

7 hours ago, Inglorius said:

Everything is relative if we compare Morris to this clown then he's done an excellent job if you compare him to Steve Gibson then he's been pretty mediocre to put things politely.

To be fair, Steve Gibson sacked Southgate after a 2-0 win (I wonder who that was against :sleep:) to go second. 

They appointed Strachan and would go on to finish 11th and remain in the Championship for a further six seasons.

Everybody makes mistakes.

Archived