For those having a pop at Mel

NottsRam77

Careful what you wish for.

Read the comments, it's gold lol

http://m.nottinghampost.com/pedro-pereira-quits-nottingham-forest/story-29789875-detail/story.html#comments

when this nutcase was unveiled as chairman they thought Christmas had come early, foreign investor, mega rich family (sold Natalie Jackson hook line and sinker)

they would be bank rolled to the premiership if you believed what they were saying having being fed some serious PR speil.

Mels got some things wrong, big time, but my god he's also got a lot right we still have a fantastic future with an academy that thanks to Mels money is the envy of many and a state of the art training ground to boot

it ain't rosy atm but big picture guys, big picture.

Just remember these idiots had heir own Mel Morris in Nigel Doherty (r.i.p) who bankrolled the club spectacularly until the cretins hounded him out of the club with abuse to him and his family.

Like Mel his managerial appointments weren't the best but I reckon if they could rewind time they'd do things rather differently.... So let's just be Careful what we wish for folks 

it would kill me if a cretin like falwaz or Vincent tann got their hands on my beloved club 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Just remember these idiots had heir own Mel Morris in Nigel Doherty (r.i.p) who bankrolled the club spectacularly until the cretins hounded him out of the club with abuse to him and his family.

Funny how we mocked at the time, now we just have to sit back and watch as some of our 'fans' try and lead us down the same path.

Let's hope not, people have very short memories.

In my lifetime derby county have had a horrible record of financial instability and usually footballing highs with this club have been followed by financial lows and the subsequent represcussions 

I just think it's worth reminding some every now and again 

3 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Let's hope not, people have very short memories.

In my lifetime derby county have had a horrible record of financial instability and usually footballing highs with this club have been followed by financial lows and the subsequent represcussions 

I just think it's worth reminding some every now and again 

Never mind that we want Premier League football and we want it yesterday!

9 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Everything is relative if we compare Morris to this clown then he's done an excellent job if you compare him to Steve Gibson then he's been pretty mediocre to put things politely.

Kinda true, but then Gibson has been at boro a lot lot longer than Mel and I'm sure he's got things wrong along the way too.

9 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Everything is relative if we compare Morris to this clown then he's done an excellent job if you compare him to Steve Gibson then he's been pretty mediocre to put things politely.

Agree. I'll compare him to himself. He keeps the club solvent, competitive, efficient and he invests. Plus he's a derby fan.

What more do you need?

8 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Surely if you were comparing Morris to Gibson you would also look at timescales. What had Gibson done within 2 years (I don't know the answer to that by the way)

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Surely if you were comparing Morris to Gibson you would also look at timescales. What had Gibson done within 2 years (I don't know the answer to that by the way)

Absolutely 

More importantly if we're talking about Mel in the same breath as steve gibson then I think we've got a keeper?

so on one hand you've got Morris or a Gibson on the other a falwaz, tann or venky

i think I'll stick with Mel thanks 

35 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

For our own sanity let's compare Mel to the following Maxwell, The Three Amigos and Sam Longston.

Yes one might have been in the hot seat during the glory days but he was also responsible for the end of Cloughie senior at our then European competing club. 

So for me this is the best Chairman we've had ever and those that disagree just revert to the Maxwell and Three Amigos eras and think again. 

51 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

My car has broken down twice this week but it doesn't matter because my neighbours car has broken down 6 times seems to be the analogy here.

Yes Falwaz is a clown and Morris is not in the same league as him but his mistakes shouldn't be exempt from criticism just because someone else has it worse.

I don't want Mel out ,,,,, I do want him to sort himself and the club out ,,, it's a total total mess and showing no signs at all of improving ,,,,, yes like all of us I love the investment in acadamy and infrastructure that's come with him but it don't mean a can of beans or is sustainable if the most important part is totally wrong and failing and make no mistake it can only keep on failing unless there is a massive change in mels approach

17 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

My car has broken down twice this week but it doesn't matter because my neighbours car has broken down 6 times seems to be the analogy here.

Yes Falwaz is a clown and Morris is not in the same league as him but his mistakes shouldn't be exempt from criticism just because someone else has it worse.

I don't know what's worse,  Maxwell paying totally indifference to the plight of the club after losing interest or Morris storming the changing rooms after a game, one is as bad as the other. 

35 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

For our own sanity let's compare Mel to the following Maxwell, The Three Amigos and Sam Longston.

Yes one might have been in the hot seat during the glory days but he was also responsible for the end of Cloughie senior at our then European competing club. 

So for me this is the best Chairman we've had ever and those that disagree just revert to the Maxwell and Three Amigos eras and think again. 

You cannot condemn Longson without praising him.

Indeed, Mel is nowhere near the same sort of owner as nutcases like fawaz and Cellino and Derby fans should be ecstatic to have a guy with the ambition and drive to make our club better in all quarters like Mel Morris. Sure he's made mistakes with managerial appointments/ recruitment elsewhere but in reality how many of us would have said that clement would fail, or even Pearson with certainty? They all seemed logical appointments at the time and it's unfortunate they didn't work out, but at least MM took action quickly to try and sort things out and imo he should be applauded for that, not villified like others are. The improvements in the club as a whole have been excellent since he took over, the academy is now one of the best in Europe, we've got a playing staff full of quality players at this level- we just need someone to get them playing as a team. We're certainly not in the mess some people make us out to be, however the next managerial appointment is vital imo.

The pressure on the club has massively increased since MM took over, and it's something we should embrace imho, no longer are we hiding in boring mediocrity- being a Derby fan is never boring right now haha!

Archived