Swansea firing and hiring

rynny

Swansea have sacked their manager Guidolin and replaced him with former USA manger Bob Bradley.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37542434

Swansea City have sacked Francesco Guidolin as head coach and replaced him with former USA manager Bob Bradley.

The Swans have not won in the Premier League since the opening day of the season and are 17th in the table.

Bradley, who has also managed Egypt and Norwegian side Stabaek, leaves French second-tier team Le Havre to succeed Guidolin, who was appointed in January.

The club's hierarchy spoke to several potential candidates, including former Wales captain Ryan Giggs.

American Bradley, 58, will take over a Swansea side who have lost their past three league matches and find themselves above the relegation zone only on goal difference.

Guidolin has been under intense pressure - which was increased by Saturday's2-1 home defeat by Liverpool - and his sacking was announced on his 61st birthday on Monday.

Three members of the Italian's backroom staff - Diego Bortoluzzi, Gabrielle Ambrosetti, Claudio Bordon - have also left the Welsh club.

Swans chairman Huw Jenkins said he was "disappointed" to sack Guidolin but added that the club "needed to change things as soon as possible in order to move forward in a positive way".

The chairman said Bradley is viewed as a "long-term appointment" who will "stabilise matters on and off the pitch".

"He is highly regarded as a coach and has a wealth of experience on the international and domestic front," added Jenkins.

"He is well aware of the club's footballing philosophy and will provide us with strong leadership qualities and a renewed belief to compete at this level."

Bradley's first match in charge will be at Arsenal on 15 October, after the international break.

The sacking is going to be a quiz question for years to come, who was the first premier league manager to be sacked on their birthday.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, BarrowRam said:

Listening to 5 live tonight paul clement was interviewed for the Swansea job. But the American owners wanted someone to follow there business model. That's why bob bradley was appointed. 

What's their business model selling all of your business assets but expecting a greater yield on those that remain, good luck

Just now, Inglorius said:

What's their business model selling all of your business assets but expecting a greater yield on those that remain, good luck

Swansea fans trust have a member  on the board and they never consulted about the change of manager. Since the Americans  took over Swansea look like they will be in a relegation battle.

I know that there's no room for sentiment in football but I do feel for guidolin.

Having done well to keep Swansea up despite his personal illness,  he then sees his defensive organiser sold. As well as one of his forwards  (ayew).

He then gets some hissy fits from players like Taylor who are left but suddenly decide to behave like kids. And then tries to improve results without resorting to hoofball or clogging.

A great shame for a man who always came across as honourable. 

Is Chris Sutton on meth?

"Is Bob Bradley better qualified than Steve Bruce and Ryan Giggs to get this job? I don't think so,"

Sorry Chris, I must've missed the 18 years Giggsy was managing and the world cup his team qualified for.

Sutton is easily one of the worst pundits I've ever heard. I remember last season he was crying about players chasing big money contracts in China to the detriment of their careers. Says the bloke who took a transfer to the SPL at the age of 27.

Ryan Giggs has absolutely no personality. Makes Nigel Clough sound like comedian of the year.

He might have been an excellent player and played under one of the best manager's the UK has ever produced, but seriously have you heard the bloke speak? So bland, hardly going to motivate you is it?

His Dad certainly doesn't think he's cut out for management.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/774984/ryan-giggs-is-a-cheat-and-a-liar-how-can-players-trust-him/

On ‎03‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 13:45, rynny said:

Swansea have sacked their manager Guidolin and replaced him with former USA manger Bob Bradley.

The sacking is going to be a quiz question for years to come, who was the first premier league manager to be sacked on their birthday.

Wouldn't be any good for me. My birthday is in December.

17 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Ryan Giggs has absolutely no personality. Makes Nigel Clough sound like comedian of the year.

He might have been an excellent player and played under one of the best manager's the UK has ever produced, but seriously have you heard the bloke speak? So bland, hardly going to motivate you is it?

His Dad certainly doesn't think he's cut out for management.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/774984/ryan-giggs-is-a-cheat-and-a-liar-how-can-players-trust-him/

Would be fair to say Giggs isn't a fan of the media, might be a totally different Giggs behind closed doors

Archived