The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

2 minutes ago, toddy said:

Consistently scored fewer goals each season since 13/14 - and now some like to think Martin is on a season long lack of form. :lol:

He cannot hold down a start in a Fulham shirt  even when their strikers are injured.

Doubling Martin's wages and giving him an extended contract when he is struggling in another team was a rather silly Mac idea.

I almost can't be arsed toddy, you choose to ignore certain facts and statistics which go in hand with scoring goals. George Thorne's done crap this year too, I wonder why!

You and certain others wrote him off when he moved there, some said he was over the hill yet once again he's actually put those words to the sword in the games he's played. 

Maybe it was a bad idea giving him a pay rise and an extension, who knows, let's see what Rowett can not only do with him but the whole set up too. One things for certain, if he plays - he scores. 19 starts 9 goals for Fulham. Black and white. Not all this hear say ********. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, toddy said:

Consistently scored fewer goals each season since 13/14 - and now some like to think Martin is on a season long lack of form. :lol:

He cannot hold down a start in a Fulham shirt  even when their strikers are injured.

Doubling Martin's wages and giving him an extended contract when he is struggling in another team was a rather silly Mac idea.

Can you stop being so dense? Seriously.. as shown he scored more this season than last in goals per minute. So 'consistently scoring fewer goals' is actually really misleading, since this year he has had a better season, so what is this negative spiral you're talking about? Therefore you're talking nonsense and cherry picking misleading stats to back up your null point. This is just blatant trolling, it must be.

The only thing that really matters is whether Rowett actually wants him, and before that whether Fulham want him.

ive said it before, he's marmite. He's never been your quick direct striker or highly mobile striker. It's not his game. He's not my kind of striker but I do appreciate what he offers to a team.

i doubt many strikers will have the goals AND assists he gets. 

If he comes back and plays well then great, if Rowett doesn't want him and gets a good price then equally great.

hes neither the next best thing since sliced bread or the worst footballer we've got at the club.

7 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

I guess our entire team apart from Ince is in decline then given they haven't performed as well as in previous seasons? 

Hughes - hasn't played as well as in previous seasons = decline. Disagree. Had an injury a few games back post Leicester but until then was the engine room except when Pearson was trying to beat him in to submission. No decline .. Actually stronger 

Butterfield - hasn't scored as many as last season = decline ... Agree .. Hasn't developed at all. Am very disappointed 

Keogh - got 2 managers sacked this season = decline. Yeah yeah .. Good joke. He's been a rock in a stormy season

Shackell - kept out of the team by Pearce = decline. Dubious  ! Why is one players ability to take an opportunity a signal of decline in another's ? .. But in terms of miles covered he isn't getting any better 

Christie - kept out the team by Baird = decline. Agreed ... Hasn't come one in any way and should have considering his age

Carson - made more howlers this season than he did last season = decline. Meh .. Still a great keeper

Olsson - being pushed out of the squad whenever Lowe is fit = decline. No ! Just Lowe is getting better and challenging

Vydra - hasn't had a decent season since Watford's promotion season = decline. Dubious Never had a chance in a happy winning team and saddled with expectation following stupid fee

Russell - only 2 assists this season = decline. Agreed. On and off form all the flipping time 

Bryson - not as many goals as 3 seasons ago = decline. Possibly Getting older and not playing the monochrome system that suits him

Anya - can't displace aformentioned Russell = decline. Not his fault see Vydra and he is a 100% trier like JR

Camara - can't displace aformentioned Russell = decline. Can't say as don't really know what the datum point was for his starting rank ! 

Thorne - hasn't even made it onto the pitch = decline. 

Johnson - been anonymous in big matches, didn't do that for Norwich = decline. Not used correctly but there is some truth in this .. He isn't the rough diamond Prem player he can be

Pearce - captained Reading to promotion, looks nowhere near as imposing here = decline. Not so .. A couple of poor games don't undermine what he has done most of the season which has been excellent.

Fozzy - second ACL injury in 2 seasons = decline. No comment 

Blackman - barely played this season, always injured = decline .. Decline from what ? He isn't very good and Insuspect never was

Bent - contributing even less to open play than in seasons gone by = decline. Disagree. He has played with whatever system he has been asked to and has been off side a lot less. And scored at pretty much usual rate. But yes some decline cos he ain't exactly 17 any more 

22 minutes ago, jono said:

@PodgeyRam .. Sorry really messed up with posting this on iPad and can't seem to do an intro .. But liked your post and wanted to add my opinions next to yours  :blink:

Cheers mate. The main point of that part was simply to say that you can look at things in the most basic way possible and you would be ignoring the reasons behind these 'declines'.

I don't actually believe we are a team in decline. Just a team that have lost their way and in need of someone to get everyone back on the same page in terms of playing style and mentality.

PistoldPete2
2 hours ago, toddy said:

Martin is not in favour at fulham as they know he doesn't Want to play for them. He was injured in 2014/15. A bit silly to say he's consistently scored fewer goals since 2013/14.. He was ever present that year and hasn't been since. 

11 hours ago, toddy said:

Its unfortunate but Martin's season is going pear shaped big time.

£30,000 is the alleged salary he is on now and that is shocking for a player incapable of holding down a place in a team not even in the top 6 of the 2nd tier of football!

I only hope GR does not try to build a team around him when he is handed back in June, as he does now look like a player on the decline.......

Predictable and typical post from you there mate. :thumbsup:

15 hours ago, toddy said:

Whilst currently true, he's actually in better scoring form when you take minutes on the pitch to goals into account.

17 hours ago, David said:

10 goals in 2038 minutes of football this season for Fulham - a goal every 203 minutes

15 goals in 3958 minutes of football last season for us - a goal every 263 minutes

7 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

In @toddy 's defence...

...nope I got nothing.

In toddys defence it doesn't include his time at Derby which would be 2340 minutes on the pitch so 234 minutes per goal.....which is...erm still better than last season, ignore that!

19 minutes ago, David said:

Whilst currently true, he's actually in better scoring form when you take minutes on the pitch to goals into account.

Not when he's completely dropped he isn't. You have to factor in the creative attacking team he gets to play for at Fulham - the best attacking side in the league irrespective of CM. Even back in his golden days at Derby he was presented with bucket loads of gilded chances do of course squirrels find nuts. What does he manufacture without all the right cogs around him? The answer is next to nothing. See Scotland. Fulham haven't dropped him because he loves Derby or isn't trying ... they don't think he's good enough. Listen to that Tony khan interview - they have no problem with his attitude if he is to be believed ... they seemed to have a problem either with Mcclaren or Rush or both. 

2 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Not when he's completely dropped he isn't. You have to factor in the creative attacking team he gets to play for at Fulham - the best attacking side in the league irrespective of CM. Even back in his golden days at Derby he was presented with bucket loads of gilded chances do of course squirrels find nuts. What does he manufacture without all the right cogs around him? The answer is next to nothing. See Scotland. Fulham haven't dropped him because he loves Derby or isn't trying ... they don't think he's good enough. Listen to that Tony khan interview - they have no problem with his attitude if he is to be believed ... they seemed to have a problem either with Mcclaren or Rush or both. 

None of that matters, Toddy said he is scoring less per season which is true but doesn't tell the full story. Dropped, attitude, completely irrelivent to the point I was responding to

9 minutes ago, David said:

None of that matters, Toddy said he is scoring less per season which is true but doesn't tell the full story. Dropped, attitude, completely irrelivent to the point I was responding to

Right, no one can deny he'd been banging them in at Fulham, and I wouldn't deny that he's probably played "his" best stuff at Fulham in ages - so you're spot on - but Toddy is not incorrect, as he's factoring in the benching which isn't unfair to do. The whole story isn't told in goals per minutes played though.

7 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Right, no one can deny he'd been banging them in at Fulham, and I wouldn't deny that he's probably played "his" best stuff at Fulham in ages - so you're spot on - but Toddy is not incorrect, as he's factoring in the benching which isn't unfair to do. The whole story isn't told in goals per minutes played though.

It's not but I don't see how we can go into his performances unless we've been watching all of Fulhams games this season. 

1 hour ago, David said:

You place minutes on the pitch for Fulham to counter his lack of goals tally but don't factor in the reason he has so few minutes on the pitch - he has been dropped for not been consistant on the pitch, not because lack of anything to do with wanting to come back here/injuries/being too fat/unfit etc.

A goalscorers record is usually measured by goals at the end of the season and as i have said this has declined season on season since 2013.

5 minutes ago, toddy said:

You place minutes on the pitch for Fulham to justify his lack of goals but don't factor in the reason he has so few minutes on the pitch - he has been dropped for not been consistant on the pitch, not because lack of anything to do with wanting to come back here/injuries/being too fat/unfit etc.

A goalscorers record is usually measured by goals at the end of the season and as i have said this has declined season on season since 2013.

As I said, you claimed he's in decline one point being he has scored less goals each season, which is true but in terms of minutes on the pitch to goals he's actually in better form.

Being dropped is irrelevant in the point I'm responding to. If I was responding to his performances this season which I wouldn't as I've barely seen him play all this would come in to play. I'm guessing you have so I won't argue with you on that. 

4 minutes ago, toddy said:

You place minutes on the pitch for Fulham to counter his lack of goals tally but don't factor in the reason he has so few minutes on the pitch - he has been dropped for not been consistant on the pitch, not because lack of anything to do with wanting to come back here/injuries/being too fat/unfit etc.

Not just that but as his attitude has improved or at least remained good (gleaning from Tony khan) his playing time has seriously dwindled - to zero. If he's singularly prolific relative to fulhams abilities as a team he'd be a starter. He isn't. He's not even coming into games they're not leading in. 

He certainly causes some good debates on here!

If I was trying to be balanced I would say he is a good player and probably gets too much slack from some of us.

That's because though he's also the most overrated player for Derby I can ever think of. He has too much love at times which leads to us 'brave' (or idiots as some would argue) forum users to criticise him. :lol:

Chris Martin will never get the golden boot in this league he is not prolific enough so we need him and players around him to chip in to improve our GF tally.

different opinions eh guys!

45 minutes ago, David said:

Injured too.

I have to say objections to Martin are mostly based on personal bias and hearsay! It's too much to look at his goal-scoring and assists whilst playing, apparently one must add in time not on the pitch!

He's still Fulham's top scorer btw.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/fulham/top-scorers

Archived