Beer Thread

Cisse

I drank the usual Carling Carlsberg when I got home, horrifying how **** it is in comparison..

Btw your well on the money about Brewdogs Punk IPA. Awesome stuff.

Bet you wish you had a Brewdog in Derby ey?

Yeh instead of being the real ale capital of the world.

Not a big fan of craft beers, sout grapefruit taste.

A bar serving American style 'craft' keg beer. Some of them are very strong, all of them are very hoppy, using American hops 

Really? That's your overriding impression of Brewdog?

I think you may have missed the point somewhat. THey are a brewery primarily, but one that has opened a dozen bars over the last 2 or 3 years.

The Brewdog brewery are indeed inspired by the revolution that has taken place in American brewing over the last 35 years (since home brewing became legal in the States), but only really to the extent that, in common with the American craft industry, the Brewdog guys are home brewers who decided to scale up.

What they (two Scottish guys, NOT American - the brewery is in Fraserburgh) have done is pushed the boundaries - or rather cocked their legs at the boundaries and pissed all over them - and produced their own innovative products which should serve as an education to students of beer, but which some will look upon as a gimmick.

The most important aspect of brewing is fermentation - and Brewdog rather splendidly demonstrate the effect that these little beauties can have on the end product with their 'Unleash the Yeast' packs. Four totally separate and different brews from precisely the same wort (identical grain bill, identical hopping) - but different yeasts used which essentially produce an APA, a Pilsner, a Hefeweizen and a Trappist-style beer.

As far as 'American Hops' are concerned, what on Earth does that mean? Brewdog use Saaz in some brews, Nelson Sauvin in others, Galena, Challenger, EKG, Simcoe etc etc.

I'm wasting my time here. Forget it. They're an American 'craft' brewery and should therefore be derided.

Really? That's your overriding impression of Brewdog?

I think you may have missed the point somewhat. THey are a brewery primarily, but one that has opened a dozen bars over the last 2 or 3 years.

The Brewdog brewery are indeed inspired by the revolution that has taken place in American brewing over the last 35 years (since home brewing became legal in the States), but only really to the extent that, in common with the American craft industry, the Brewdog guys are home brewers who decided to scale up.

What they (two Scottish guys, NOT American - the brewery is in Fraserburgh) have done is pushed the boundaries - or rather cocked their legs at the boundaries and pissed all over them - and produced their own innovative products which should serve as an education to students of beer, but which some will look upon as a gimmick.

The most important aspect of brewing is fermentation - and Brewdog rather splendidly demonstrate the effect that these little beauties can have on the end product with their 'Unleash the Yeast' packs. Four totally separate and different brews from precisely the same wort (identical grain bill, identical hopping) - but different yeasts used which essentially produce an APA, a Pilsner, a Hefeweizen and a Trappist-style beer.

As far as 'American Hops' are concerned, what on Earth does that mean? Brewdog use Saaz in some brews, Nelson Sauvin in others, Galena, Challenger, EKG, Simcoe etc etc.

I'm wasting my time here. Forget it. They're an American 'craft' brewery and should therefore be derided.

Wind your neck in Eddie. So when I said it was a bar (as we were referring to the one in Nottm) serving American style craft keg beer, where was I wrong and where did I deride it? Many of their brews use American hops and most use hops that impart a strong floral hop flavour found in new American beers. Get your head out of your @rse and try having a conversation that doesn't involve insults or contempt.   

Wind your neck in Eddie. So when I said it was a bar (as we were referring to the one in Nottm) serving American style craft keg beer, where was I wrong and where did I deride it? Many of their brews use American hops and most use hops that impart a strong floral hop flavour found in new American beers. Get your head out of your @rse and try having a conversation that doesn't involve insults or contempt.   

Sorry, but there was not one insult in my post - there hasn't been a single insult in any of my posts since I made my return to this forum after being subjected to a one month ban - I have been quite careful to maintain that.

The fact that you gave, when asked by froggg about BrewDog (What's a brew dog?), an incomplete and wholly misleading representation of the facts seemed to me to warrant a proper explanation in order to redress the balance. 

Your last line, which I have highlighted, smacks of hypocrisy - or is daring to suggest that an insult or a contemptible statement on my part?

Eddie, you do come across abit anal when it comes to beer. You tend to shoot down anyone who you feel may have inferior knowledge.

Which is why basically I say all the beer you like is *****.

I think there was a foreign chap involved at the beginning with brew dog, but hey, I could be wrong.

Shameful.

Concerned about the lack of harmmony surrounding Aberdeenshire's finest brewery (Brewdog). Just back from a lovely day at HQ. The guys are doing great missionary work sending hops to deprived places that otherwise would not understand them. Sad to say, on that basis, with Hartington, Jaipur and DBA on the doorstep; Derby has nae chance.