Beer Thread

Cisse

Second beer of the night - a Quadrupel called Gulden Draak 9000. Comes in a black dumpy bottle, and it's the first time I've ever tried this beer.

Golden in colour, the smell is very faintly of - I'm not sure really. I thought apple at first but it's actually more flowery. The taste is quite sweet and fruity (raisins as opposed to plums), and it is seriously strong (11%) without tasting particularly strongly of alcohol. It starts very malty but the finish is remarkably dry.

Not my favourite Belgian of the last few days by a long chalk, but nice all the same.

Second beer of the night - a Quadrupel called Gulden Draak 9000. Comes in a black dumpy bottle, and it's the first time I've ever tried this beer.

Golden in colour, the smell is very faintly of - I'm not sure really. I thought apple at first but it's actually more flowery. The taste is quite sweet and fruity (raisins as opposed to plums), and it is seriously strong (11%) without tasting particularly strongly of alcohol. It starts very malty but the finish is remarkably dry.

Not my favourite Belgian of the last few days by a long chalk, but nice all the same.

warra loada *****, I agree with your missus.

warra loada *****, I agree with your missus.

You're just sucking up to her - wanting some of her world-famous Christmas pudding no doubt. Well, it's all gone - I had it with the last scrapings of boozy custard at teatime.

See through you like a book, I can. Or is it read you like a glass (bloody hell, the last one was stronger than I thought)

Great beer. In my top 3 Belgian beers

I'd be interested in playing twenty questions to try to guess your favourite.

1. Is it a Trappist beer?

I have absolutely no idea how anyone can manage to keep a bottle of exquisite alcohol unopened for weeks let alone years. The temptation would be far too much for me!

I have a 75cl bottle of 2005 Chimay Grand Réserve which I am saving for a special occasion.

I have absolutely no idea how anyone can manage to keep a bottle of exquisite alcohol unopened for weeks let alone years. The temptation would be far too much for me!

Had a Thomas Hardy's Ale 2006 a month ago. Let me tell you, it was worth the wait.