Mr Shackell

Derbyram1

2 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Agree Roy. 

I would play Shackell and give him the armband. I would try and beat the hollywood out of him, but his ability in the air, and ability to read the play, is the best at the club.

And his distribution the worst ... sort that bit out and he's a rock star.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ninos said:

And his distribution the worst ... sort that bit out and he's a rock star.

His job is firstly to defend. Like Carson and others don't try and make him do stuff he's not great at. Accept him for what he is and play around it.

11 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Just ban those 30-40 yard long range cross courters left to right that he's obsessed with playing ... 

But it was OKAY for Bucko to do that when he WAS here??? So don't see a issue for Shackell though. 

18 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

But it was OKAY for Bucko to do that when he WAS here??? So don't see a issue for Shackell though. 

Buckenbauers more often than not got there that's why 

shackell passing is like hitting a golf ball with a wrecking ball that been shaped into a 50p piece lol

defensively though he's probably our best centre half 

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

Buckenbauers more often than not got there that's why 

shackell passing is like hitting a golf ball with a wrecking ball that been shaped into a 50p piece lol

defensively though he's probably our best centre half 

True. He's actually majestic back there - but he's a deer in headlights with the ball at his feet ... I (rightly or wrongly) trace Pearson's bother with him to a long forward pass to nobody that shacks did v Blackburn I think it was. It was a wasteful ball.  It was in front of the west stand and Pearson went absolutely ape %#*% screaming at him ... could be a coincidence but he never played again after that game. 

1 minute ago, Ninos said:

True. He's actually majestic back there - but he's a deer in headlights with the ball at his feet ... I (rightly or wrongly) trace Pearson's bother with him to a long forward pass to nobody that shacks did v Blackburn I think it was. It was a wasteful ball.  It was in front of the west stand and Pearson went absolutely ape %#*% screaming at him ... could be a coincidence but he never played again after that game. 

And the incredulity exhibited by the player at his substitution during one of the home games. (The same one?)

42 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Just ban those 30-40 yard long range cross courters left to right that he's obsessed with playing ... 

Thorne will be distributing it when he's back. Shackell will only need to pass it 3 yards to George. He's in the team to defend that's why they call him bite your legs.

5 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Thorne will be distributing it when he's back. Shackell will only need to pass it 3 yards to George. He's in the team to defend that's why they call him bite your legs.

That's the problem though. Mark Thorne and Keogh and Shackell hasn't a clue what to do with it. 

3 minutes ago, cannable said:

That's the problem though. Mark Thorne and Keogh and Shackell hasn't a clue what to do with it. 

So true, which is why I think there was a general feeling that a move to 442 was needed as the 433 had become worked out to a certain extent.

stick someone on Thorne to stop him playing out and all of a sudden were in a bit of trouble, get someone to smash into Martin a few times and all of the sudden the balls not sticking and there's double trouble and more and more teams had clocked this.

this is what concerns me slightly going back to Mac and the 433, it's only a small concern mind as I'd take anything over the previous weeks of dire drudgery 

14 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

And the incredulity exhibited by the player at his substitution during one of the home games. (The same one?)

Yes I think so, if memory serves. Just was surprised how mad NP got about the one pass - maybe because JS didn't seem that bothered that it was wasteful. He was getting really mad at Carson too with all the wayward kicks. 

Archived