The Pearson Gameplan

Thierry Ennui

Imo we are improving.

Midfield 2 are rotating well and covering a lot of ground. Disciplined.

Like Anya he has lot to offer

Weimann/ Camara will offer more threat than JR. Butterfield didnt suit a wide position.

Keogh and Pearce appeared to compliment one anothers play

Front 2 need a goal to kick on but i do like to see strikers closing down the defence.

Full backs are both poor. Shame Fozzy is out.

The balance is improving, the play is starting to click. We just need a bit of luck.......and a goal.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, satty atwal said:

Correct. Was after the newcastle fiasco.... hence my point "if that hadnt happened"

Steve did say the speculation had no effect on the team at his last forum at the IPRO .

We can only speculate on that. 

I think it may have not helped the team to be honest. 

49 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Imo we are improving.

Weimann/ Camara will offer more threat than JR. Butterfield didnt suit a wide position.

Front 2 need a goal to kick on but i do like to see strikers closing down the defence.

The balance is improving, the play is starting to click. We just need a bit of luck.......and a goal.

Agree with above, but I think the full backs can improve. The goals are coming, for sure.....

On 9/14/2016 at 14:20, Anon said:

No he hasn't. He inherited a team that finished 5th. A team that a complete rookie with no first team management experience whatsoever managed to keep in the play off places. It didn't need to be a period of transition. The fact that we are a team in transition now is entirely down to choices made by Pearson.

Absolutely unequivocally, this. 

It cannot be escaped that teams in recent years to be promoted from championship play 4-4-2. It also cannot be denied there are character questions about this Derby squad, failing at the last in the past 3 years, not being able to react when behind and the hull semi final first leg. 

Sometimes you need to rip things up and start again. Pearson thinks this is the formula that will get us where we want to be. He could have carried on with the squad and system as before, we could be near the top of the league now and everything is rosy in the garden...only for 3-4 months down the line succumb to the same failings and suffer our perennial collapse. What would we say then?

it is too early to judge whether it is the right approach. I'm as sceptical as everyone else. He needs at least this season and probably next and hopefully we will be stronger than we've ever been. 

And it has been worse than this....much much worse!

16 hours ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Imo we are improving.

Your right Butters doesn't suit a wide role, I get the feeling he's there to help out the CM's and make that area a bit more solid. He's also got Christie overlapping a lot, I get the feeling Christie and Weimann/Camara on the same flank would be problematic

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Did they?

Not from what I remember.  Boro played 4231, Burnley 442, hull a mixture of 343 and 433.  The season before, Bournemouth played 442, Norwich a diamond 442 and Watford 433.  But even that's grossly over simplifying things - bournmouths fluid possession centric 442 was very different to burnleys fast direct 442.  And again, norwichs diamond 442 was different again.  And the 442 that Pearson is trying to play is very different to all of those.  The thing that all of those teams had in common was they played to their strengths and got the most out of the players they had. Which is something we are explicitly and deliberately not doing.

Archived