Is this job to big for Pearson

whaley bridge Ram

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, europia said:

Also wasn't Lineker instrumental in bringing together a consortium that helped to revive the fortunes of LCFC? As I previously mentioned, seems some foxes fans are intent on re writing history. A few folk who claim to support the club must really have it in for some former players and managers....

How? Lineker isn't close to anyone that works for Leicester City, he'll probably be more informed then the average fan but he's hardly got a great depth of knowledge of how the club works now

I apologise to the Leicester lads... but I'm really fed up of hearing how Pearson did at Leicester in relation to what he does at Derby. 

Paul Jewell has 3 promotions and a League cup final to his name. 

Ranieri won the Premier League. I promise

1 hour ago, toddy said:

So you do have a crystal ball then?

OK,  mystic Meg where do we finish this season?

57 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

He's not stolen the one you was using with Wassall last season has he?

Beat me to it. 

56 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I apologise to the Leicester lads... but I'm really fed up of hearing how Pearson did at Leicester in relation to what he does at Derby. 

Paul Jewell has 3 promotions and a League cup final to his name. 

Ranieri won the Premier League. I promise

Tbf mate us Leicester fans are criticising him it's your lot saying look at what he did here

2 hours ago, Jimmy Skitz said:

Tbf mate us Leicester fans are criticising him it's your lot saying look at what he did here

I know, brother! 

You have to admit he did a good job at Leicester. I just don't really understand why Rams fans really care and it baffles me that some people seem to suggest the Premier League was in the bag and Ranieri just carried on. 

I wonder if you'd employed Billy Davies if you'd have won the PL? Or if you'd employed Nigel Atkins and got relegated would we ("wrist slashers") be able to say "that's technically Nigel Pearson that did that."

Pearson got you two promotions and survived in the PL. That's a very good achievement at a club like Leicester or Derby. But that's it! That's enough to praise him for that. 

You know if you'd offered these guys Nigel Clough back as we traveled to Wembley to play QPR then a lot would have said no. But I dunno why, he'd basically got us to Wembley anyway. All McClaren did was drive the bus...

btw I do rate Pearson. I just never liked him and I don't like what he's doing here. But I can go along with it. I just can't stand seeing him treated like the saviour after the way Wassall was treated. The man can do no wrong with some people. Yet Wassall couldn't get an ounce of credit. 

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

I know, brother! 

You have to admit he did a good job at Leicester. I just don't really understand why Rams fans really care and it baffles me that some people seem to suggest the Premier League was in the bag and Ranieri just carried on. 

I wonder if you'd employed Billy Davies if you'd have won the PL? Or if you'd employed Nigel Atkins and got relegated would we ("wrist slashers") be able to say "that's technically Nigel Pearson that did that."

Pearson got you two promotions and survived in the PL. That's a very good achievement at a club like Leicester or Derby. But that's it! That's enough to praise him for that. 

You know if you'd offered these guys Nigel Clough back as we traveled to Wembley to play QPR then a lot would have said no. But I dunno why, he'd basically got us to Wembley anyway. All McClaren did was drive the bus...

btw I do rate Pearson. I just never liked him and I don't like what he's doing here. But I can go along with it. I just can't stand seeing him treated like the saviour after the way Wassall was treated. The man can do no wrong with some people. Yet Wassall couldn't get an ounce of credit. 

I'm astonished wassail didn't just put two fingers up to dcfc after the level of abuse he received and indeed the lack of acknowledgement from the club for the work he did.

Showed enormous dignity imo. 

If that had happened at Leicester. ...

10 hours ago, europia said:

Also wasn't Lineker instrumental in bringing together a consortium that helped to revive the fortunes of LCFC? As I previously mentioned, seems some foxes fans are intent on re writing history. A few folk who claim to support the club must really have it in for some former players and managers....

Yep, I do find it rather strange that some of their fans who don't like NP want to take away any achievement he did at their club. 

A bit like saying the team Mac inherited and took to the play off final had nothing to do with NC, even though Mac had already acknowledged that it was Cloughs side and he came along and tweaked it.

39 minutes ago, toddy said:

Yep, I do find it rather strange that some of their fans who don't like NP want to take away any achievement he did at their club. 

A bit like saying the team Mac inherited and took to the play off final had nothing to do with NC, even though Mac had already acknowledged that it was Cloughs side and he came along and tweaked it.

It would be a bit like giving Wassall no credit for keeping us in the play off positions last year.

After all he did it with a team of complete failures, who have really big egos and don't care about DCFC right?

6 hours ago, HantsRam said:

I'm astonished wassail didn't just put two fingers up to dcfc after the level of abuse he received and indeed the lack of acknowledgement from the club for the work he did.

Showed enormous dignity imo. 

If that had happened at Leicester. ...

Would you have opted for Wassall to be given the job full time, based on 'the work that he did' ? Just interested...

I get the impression that Pearson is a proper old school manager. He's more about running the club - choosing the recruitment staff himself, the coaches and setting the direction. His strengths are building clubs - implementing the right staff and signings and his weaknesses are seemingly tactics and the media. 

I think it about Clough and I'm starting to think it about Pearson - perhaps they'd be best as your modern day Director of Football? 

4 minutes ago, cannable said:

I get the impression that Pearson is a proper old school manager. He's more about running the club - choosing the recruitment staff himself, the coaches and setting the direction. His strengths are building clubs - implementing the right staff and signings and his weaknesses are seemingly tactics and the media. 

I think it about Clough and I'm starting to think it about Pearson - perhaps they'd be best as your modern day Director of Football? 

I wouldn't mind at all about the job title as long as the job of running footballing side of things is done well. Which in turn could perhaps lead to some future success at the club.

Director of football,what is that,does he pick the coaches,choose the players,oversee the football related business,and be responsible for the clubs progress,This position to me is a manager,and we have one.

A director of football works with the board,on football related matters,and if it fails,they sack the Head Coach,the fans have a scape goat,and the fans look forward to ground hog day.

A Manager is given time to develop the playing squad,and if he fails then he moves on,and the board are responsible for picking the wrong man,Some one has to be accountable ,the last manager was Nigel Clough,.

This group of players are a shambles,and the change of direction instigated by Rush was a disaster in his battle cry.

the next level, ,Fans have seen millions spent on failure,3 years of ineptitude and,3 head coaches. ,The director of football

moved on, ,8 coaches sacked,and the club in turmoil,Now certain fans expect Pearson to come in,and sort it out in 7 matches,Cloughs legacy still with us Hendricks 10 mil----Martin 3 mil   -,13 million income on players  that have served the club well   ,,Pearson should be afforded the same amount of time,that Rush had to get us in this mess.

A team has to be built and all we have is expensive parts,that do not fit

31 minutes ago, trevor1946 said:

Director of football,what is that,does he pick the coaches,choose the players,oversee the football related business,and be responsible for the clubs progress,This position to me is a manager,and we have one.

A director of football works with the board,on football related matters,and if it fails,they sack the Head Coach,the fans have a scape goat,and the fans look forward to ground hog day.

A Manager is given time to develop the playing squad,and if he fails then he moves on,and the board are responsible for picking the wrong man,Some one has to be accountable ,the last manager was Nigel Clough,.

This group of players are a shambles,and the change of direction instigated by Rush was a disaster in his battle cry.

the next level, ,Fans have seen millions spent on failure,3 years of ineptitude and,3 head coaches. ,The director of football

moved on, ,8 coaches sacked,and the club in turmoil,Now certain fans expect Pearson to come in,and sort it out in 7 matches,Cloughs legacy still with us Hendricks 10 mil----Martin 3 mil   -,13 million income on players  that have served the club well   ,,Pearson should be afforded the same amount of time,that Rush had to get us in this mess.

A team has to be built and all we have is expensive parts,that do not fit

Three years of ineptitude? What medication are you on? Two of those three were the best years anyone under 30 will have witnessed, you WUM. 

Dear moslyn 6 , The good years at this club ,was to watch a lad from just up the road come in to a depleted club,

The worst premiership team in history,and slowly build this great club back  for us,,All this was achieved on the tightest of budgets, ,to see the players from the academy come through,yes he set the standards that are still with us,and Wasall

Still in charge  ,Cheap players from lower leagues,and many from Scotland,Grant-Forsyth-Brayford--Buxton-Euastace-

Ward-Bryson-Russell-Martin-Hughes-Hendrick-Bennett-Naylor---     -Barker--Keogh--Sammon-Shackell These were our million pound players to see the club progress,and competing with clubs who had millions to spend,to finish higher in the league every year,10th in his last year .The club produced 8 internationals,in that period, ,The south stand given to home supporters,both ends for home fans,Then came a new C-E-O and in a year a top 6 finish was expected  by us all.

After 6 months at the club a  change of direction to employ Head coaches,Clough was sacked after 9 matches in a season

Full of hope, McClaren then took the squad to Wembley,4 years to assemble,and easy for a good coach to move forward with After 3 years  - Bryson-Russell-Hughes-Keogh-Forsyth-still at the club.--Martin plus Hendricks,just made 13 million for the club,And you remember the last 3 years of  mega millions spent to acheive championship football,and the only time we came close was with the squad Clough built,and you call that success,no wonder you are on the breakfast lis

4 hours ago, europia said:

Would you have opted for Wassall to be given the job full time, based on 'the work that he did' ? Just interested...

No, I wasn't a wassall man.

But nor was I a pearson pusher.

I favoured the mentoring idea. Wassall to basically "apprentice " to someone older eg hoddle. 

That was when I assumed we wished to retain our then style and build out rather than implement any profound change.  All seems a long time ago now.....

Archived