From Wembley to Burton:How did it all go wrong. Volume 1

sage

10 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I'm not sure of the point you're making

It's still been crap. Honest.

My point is rose tinted glasses as regards McClaren days at Derby. 

Yes the  first season was good up to Wembley .

After that Derby were distinctly average with expensive loans such as Lingard etc 

This season we are in transition with Pearson and Powell searching  for their  best team and performances .

5 games have been tough against Brighton and Villa at home both draws but what would we expect I'd say that's what we would expect. 

Away games against  newly promoted teams in Burton and Barnsley which we lost not so good but we did beat Preston away which was welcome. 

Beat Grimsby and Carlisle in the Cup better than previous seasons.  

I think we are just about on track with new signings yet to  have an impact in Wilson and Vydra. 

Hopefully more signings to come to improve the team tomorrow. 

6 minutes ago, curtains said:

My point is rose tinted glasses as regards McClaren days at Derby. 

Yes the  first season was good up to Wembley .

After that Derby were distinctly average with expensive loans such as Lingard etc Top 3 for most the season until injuries (read the thread? Is top 3 average?

This season we are in transition with Pearson and Powell searching  for their  best team and performances . Transition to what? It's been really poor so far which is why people are saying "it's been poor"

5 games have been tough against Brighton and Villa at home both draws but what would we expect I'd say that's what we would expect. Preston, Barnsley, Burton, Grimsby and Carlisle sound alright to me. And Villa aren't too hot. They were smashed down from the PL easily and have been little better than us so far. We aren't even creating chances

Away games against  newly promoted teams in Burton and Barnsley which we lost not so good but we did beat Preston away which was welcome. 

Beat Grimsby and Carlisle in the Cup better than previous seasons.  We were knocked out the FA Cup with 10 men v Reading after we got caught on the counter, We lost 2 cup games to Chelsea and 1 to Man United. Clement lost to Pompey last season in r1.

I think we are just about on track with new signings yet to  have an impact in Wilson and Vydra. 

Hopefully more signings to come to improve the team tomorrow. 

9 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Scored more in these three games that we will probably manage in 20 under Nigel Pearson.

I miss Simon Dawkins. Such a quality player in possession. Makes 6m Bradley Johnson look like a pub player in comparison. 

Dawkins was ok but had problems and faded. 

Mascarell did well on loan from Real Madrid but got hammered on here but not by me I hasten to add. 

Fulham away two bad back passes by Forsyth and Mascarell but we came out on top  

Eustace wasn't played by McClaren much and was injured a lot. 

27 minutes ago, curtains said:

Thorne and Wiemann injured at the moment. 

Hopefully will improve us on their return. 

Alpha all teams have injuries .

Shouldnt be an excuse. 

Where were Derby before we added Martin and Omar and to Thorne and Eustace? And afterwards? 

19 minutes ago, curtains said:

Vydra and Wilson will score goals .

Then what we you say. 

Chris Martin has scored more than both of them put together. I quite like Vydra but he won't score many with the service we currently attempt to provide. Unless most of his goals are from 40 yards? 

But if they do play well and score then i'd say they played well and scored...

22 minutes ago, curtains said:

Early early days lol. 

Well yeah, I don't think anyone has criticised performances that haven't happened yet.

Just more the fact we can't get out our own half without a hoof currently and things don't look to be improving. We have gone backwards. That's it. Nothing about the future. 

It was good and now it's not. It's boring. It used to be quite fun to watch

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Well yeah, I don't think anyone has criticised performances that haven't happened yet.

Just more the fact we can't get out our own half without a hoof currently and things don't look to be improving. We have gone backwards. That's it. Nothing about the future. 

It was good and now it's not. It's boring. It used to be quite fun to watch

I'm normally the sceptical  one. 

Going on a bike ride now mate but  I'm more optimistic now than I was at the start of the season .

Good conversation though. 

39 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Scored more in these three games that we will probably manage in 20 under Nigel Pearson.

I miss Simon Dawkins. Such a quality player in possession. Makes 6m Bradley Johnson look like a pub player in comparison. 

In that 5-2 Fulham game we scored from a 10 man 20 pass move that never got the credit it deserved.

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Going on a bike ride now mate but  I'm more optimistic now than I was at the start of the season .

Far more fun than football.

I'll assume you won't read this until you get back - so where did you go (sorry if I'm being nosey)?

Lowest scorers in the season at this point. Also conceded the least. Just points to boring football. It means that Derby County fans have seen less goals after 5 games than any other fans of any other Championship clubs. Very very different from what came before. Is that what it takes? Maybe... Doesn't change the fact that I'm bored.

3 hours ago, Tombo said:

Lowest scorers in the season at this point. Also conceded the least. Just points to boring football. It means that Derby County fans have seen less goals after 5 games than any other fans of any other Championship clubs. Very very different from what came before. Is that what it takes? Maybe... Doesn't change the fact that I'm bored.

Lowest scorers in all of the Football League, and even National League.

The only other team in any league with just one goal is Crystal Palace.

6 hours ago, curtains said:

Last time I rode a bike I rode straight into an Audi A5. 

Driver didn't see the funny side.