Will Hughes

Warren Hobhead

13 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Vfm based on outlay and return

Best value by country mile Bryson, Carson, Martin, Forsyth and Keogh (still core of team after £40M wasted)

Good value Russell and Christie although i would gladly sell both.

Poor value on return thus far are Butters, Johnson, Ince

V poor this far Blackman as no return at all for outlay

Camara starting to show worth.

No certainties in today's transfer market. 

Yesterday's market 

Conor_2896301.jpg?20140722153922

nathan-tyson-001.jpg

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

This guy played for the team whole heartedly and scored more than  Blackman which says it all really 

nathan-tyson-001.jpgAnd this guy Clough signed. 

Nick Blackman has been at Derby 5 minutes. 

Tyson 3 years and high wages and did nothing. 

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

nathan-tyson-001.jpgAnd this guy Clough signed. 

Nick Blackman has been at Derby 5 minutes. 

Tyson 3 years and high wages and did nothing. 

Yep too true and the projections point to Blackman doing the same without the injuries yet 

Sith Happens
Just now, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

From the team that finished 3rd to where we are now we have spent circa 40M. How can that be vfm?????

I am not disputing that we have gone backwards in league positions, but do you believe had we not spent any of that money then we would have been 3rd again each season or even better?

And also you state 40 million is wasted, that needs breaking down by player to work out if its wasted or not. I agree we have spent a lot of money without the rewards we had hoped, but to say all of the £40 million (if it is that much) is wasted i dont think is correct.

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Yep too true and the projections point to Blackman doing the same without the injuries yet 

Fantastic shot from Blackman that hit the post for Bent to score against Carlisle 

Maybe he took too many shots that night but was trying really hard and scored 2 penalties in that fantastic penalty shoot out. 

The reward Liverpool at home. 

Blackman should have played at Burton for me. 

Does it matter how much you spend if the player is good/bad? 

Anyone get any comfort from watching crap cheap players over crap expensive players.

It's not our money. 

Point is we've spent probably somewhere between £20m and £38m since the Play Off Final.

And barely improved anywhere. Just bought players we have no roles for. Just bought players that aren't better versions of what we had. We still only have 1 defensive midfielder.

And the 2014 team would smash this team. 

All we did with that money was build an alternative starting 11 in an alternative system that we aren't drilled in and rarely try because we haven't got time to drop points experimenting. Oh, and they aren't as good footballers

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Anyone get any comfort from watching crap cheap players over crap expensive players.

It's not our money. 

Point is we've spent probably somewhere between £20m and £38m since the Play Off Final.

And barely improved anywhere. Just bought players we have no roles for. Just bought players that aren't better versions of what we had. We still only have 1 defensive midfielder.

All we did with that money was build an alternative starting 11 in an alternative system that we aren't drilled in and rarely try because we haven't got time to drop points experimenting. Oh, and they aren't as good footballers

And the remedy. 

Just asking mate as we need to move on. 

PS Will Hughes is a good footballer no doubt in my mind for the record. 

I think Pearson is juggling balls as Thorne is injured .

13 minutes ago, Alpha said:

It's not our money. 

Agree 100%. We could have bought wisdom and a centre half for 8M. Add to that a winger of stature for 5M and another striker with pace for circa 5M. Carson for Grant for 500k.

Circa 18M spend would have a team that would p1ss all over the current side.

Allow for Thornes injury we could have picked an adequate replacement in Joey Baryon on a freebie.

Just now, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Agree 100%. We could have bought wisdom and a centre half for 8M. Add to that a winger of stature for 5M and another striker with pace for circa 5M Carson for Grant and say 18M spent would have a team that would p1ss all over the current side.

Allow for Thornes injury we could have picked an adequate replacement in Joey Baryon on a freebie.

Bit of an outcry on here when Barton was suggested.

Do you remember. 

2 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

In short the 20M spent on Ince, Johnson, Blackman and Butterfield has been (in hindsight) nothing short of shocking. Mel must hold his head in his hands how a successful business man has thrown his money down the drain.

I don't think it will worry him it's petty cash to him that's why he can do it. 

Maybe you would like to go back to being bailed out by Maxwell   .

Derby Fans have short memories 

Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

In short the 20M spent on Ince, Johnson, Blackman and Butterfield has been (in hindsight) nothing short of shocking. Mel must hold his head in his hands how a successful business man has thrown his money down the drain.

I dont agree with ince, he has scored plenty of goals since he joined, i wont judge him on a poort start to this season, blackman i think i agee, johnson / butterfield - would we have finished 5th had we not signed them last season? johnson especially was superb at first, he is clearly lacking confidence but there is a good player in there somewhere, i still think the the jury is out on those two, unless of course we are taking the approach that this season is as good as written off already?

Archived