Nigel Pearson SSN

toddy

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know previously he said that any players brought in would have to be better than we currently have and would have to enhance us, but that is the same with any team.

So I am thinking every player that has been sold so far in the championship is no better than who we already have?

Alan Judge is available, would he enhance us?

Is there any issue where we need to sell before we can buy?

Just now, YouRams said:

John Percy from the telegraph linking us with Scott Hogan from Brentford. Hardly played the last few years guessing he's injury prone. 

I'd have him in a heartbeat. Had a nasty injury last season but made a really strong finish when he came back.

1 minute ago, Rample said:

I'd have him in a heartbeat. Had a nasty injury last season but made a really strong finish when he came back.

Dont know a great deal about him tbh, Pearsons next hope at a Vardy mark 2 looking at his previous clubs in recent years.

PistoldPete2

Time will tell? Blooming heck there isn't much time left. The business we did on transfer deadline day last year doesn't look so smart in hindsight. Why leave it so late when we've had all summer? 

32 minutes ago, toddy said:

I know previously he said that any players brought in would have to be better than we currently have and would have to enhance us, but that is the same with any team.

So I am thinking every player that has been sold so far in the championship is no better than who we already have?

Fair comment though Pearson did add the caveat that the player would also have to be value for money as well as an improvement on our current playing squad. Given those criteria combined it's little wonder we haven't made any cash signings this summer

Boro proved with Stuani, Watford proved with most of their squad and bristol City prove with Kodjia, there are teams that play football in other countries around the world, some of which have players who are willing to move to England and cost half as much as a player in England.

In the current transfer market it would be more than wise to maybe look abroad, bag a bargain and turn that into a profit in the future. 

42 minutes ago, Rample said:

The last interview I heard he said 1 or 2 But it was worded very much that it would more likely be 1. It really is a mystery what is going on this summer.

Not really a mystery both Newcastle and villa are taking everybody who is available to the championship who would improve us or the figures quoted to us for others are hugely inflated for our available budget.

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Boro proved with Stuani, Watford proved with most of their squad and bristol City prove with Kodjia, there are teams that play football in other countries around the world, some of which have players who are willing to move to England and cost half as much as a player in England.

In the current transfer market it would be more than wise to maybe look abroad, bag a bargain and turn that into a profit in the future. 

Don't be silly, that's not the Derby Way

48 minutes ago, toddy said:

He wouldn't enhance us at the moment, but purely because he is still recovering from a broken leg - I would definitely take him if he was fit. However the rumours appear to suggest Newcastle are in talks to buy him anyway.

24 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Think it will be..we would like to bring in 1 or 2 more but its pretty certain that whoever they are they will end up at Newcastle or Villa

21 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Let's bid for about 8 players and Newcastle and villa might miss a couple so we actually buy someone!! Lol

Anyone we want to buy just gets taken by Villa or Newcastle. We are not on a level playing field financially, so unfortunately we will struggle to get anyone of any quality from the English leagues if Villa or Newcastle are even remotely interested (which they seem to be for every available player). We also seem reluctant to buy anyone from the rest of the world, so I think will struggle to get anyone unless Wisdom feels like coming back.

Archived