man dies after being tasered in Telford - reportedly ex-Villa striker Dalian Atkinson

Mostyn6

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

What the hell was he up to that resulted in him getting tasered?

I'll say, without any evidence, he's a big bloke, he's a black man, and I am guessing he was not "co-operating" with police. The police are very quick to use this equipment if they are dealing with people bigger than them.

47 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

remember him scoring a worldie of a goal when his dad (Ron) was Villa manager.

His dad? Don't think so

17 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I'll say, without any evidence, he's a big bloke, he's a black man, and I am guessing he was not "co-operating" with police. The police are very quick to use this equipment if they are dealing with people bigger than them.

I mean you don't need the "he's a black man" at this stage of information lol

As you say, here police will taser uncooperative people who are bigger than them pretty quickly, regardless of race. 

30 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I mean you don't need the "he's a black man" at this stage of information lol

As you say, here police will taser uncooperative people who are bigger than them pretty quickly, regardless of race. 

sadly, people are more scared of black people. Don't know the wheres or why-fors, but a recent study showed the public generally are. I'll try and dig out the study, but it was a while back this year.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

On behalf of the forum's solicitors I shall thank you for adding the phrases "without any evidence" and "I am guessing" :lol::ph34r:

5 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

sadly, people are more scared of black people. Don't know the wheres or why-fors, but a recent study showed the public generally are. I'll try and dig out the study, but it was a while back this year.

Do you mean white people are more scared, or just people in general?

5 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I really don't know why, but I remember being back in school the black guys were always considered 'the hardest' and fair few of them isolated themselves from the rest and gave off that impression.

Knew plenty who would happily take around that reputation in order to get what they wanted, bullying others without the violence so to speak, and would often play the black card when it suited them.

I think it's just an England thing. In Canada and the States I never got the impression it was like that. I mean, I'd even see black kids on skate boards and listening to punk over this way.

How often could you say that in England? I never met a single black guy in England who didn't wear gold, loved gangster music and who didn't enjoy a good scrap. 

Nothing wrong with that, some of my friends were black, but that's just how it was. I'm sure there are many who don't do either of those things above, but I never met any.

Like I say, found it much different over this way, and incidentally far less intimidating.

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I really don't know why, but I remember being back in school the black guys were always considered 'the hardest' and fair few of them isolated themselves from the rest and gave off that impression.

Knew plenty who would happily take around that reputation in order to get what they wanted, bullying others without the violence so to speak, and would often play the black card when it suited them.

I think it's just an England thing. In Canada and the States I never got the impression it was like that. I mean, I'd even see black kids on skate boards and listening to punk over this way.

How often could you say that in England? I never met a single black guy in England who didn't wear gold, loved gangster music and who didn't enjoy a good scrap. 

Nothing wrong with that, some of my friends were black, but that's just how it was. I'm sure there are many who don't do either of those things above, but I never met any.

Like I say, found it much different over this way, and incidentally far less intimidating.

There are some historical and sociological reasons for this linked to empire and different approaches to the slave trade.  it would take 3000 words to explain it all.  

7 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Oh my god.

31 minutes ago, Rampage said:

I will be interested  to see who is deemed to be at fault in this one. I have long held the view that tasers would prove dangerous at some point. He was a good player, condolences to his family.

Tasers are dangerous. But their efficiency and rate of success in terms of non-lethally bringing down a threat far outweigh the concern of their potential lethality. 

Archived