The whining about Pearson thread

cheron85

1 minute ago, toddy said:

Who says we cant play any other way than 4-3-3?

4-1-4-1 compared to the 4-3-3 we have used at it's most effective is very similar, 1 defensive midfielder, and 2 centre midfielders with a little less defensive duties and a little more attacking freedom. The wide players are the same and we haven't got Ince standing in no man's land, too far from the centre mids and the striker. The concern is not putting players in a formation to suit them, 4-1-4-1 tonight suited the players that were on the pitch and we had our best players on the pitch not the bench.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe Pearson isn't that pig headed to realise that he can't play 4 4 2 now seeing as we won't be getting new players in for that system, which maybe says more about our feeble transfer activity this summer rather than Pearsons willingness to be flexible 

15 hours ago, G-Ram said:

All the people crying aboutt pearson after three games in charge are the very same people that were creaming up when we appointed him 

Nope... OP here and I specifically started the thread saying I was disappointed... As the next poster points out:

17 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

Rude comments? Interesting, feel free to continue my psycho analysis. It was my opinion, are you struggling with it? The opening post about nearly crying when Pearson was appointed was cringe enough.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and everyone is entitled to question it if you want to go around sharing it with others.

I think he just wants you to contribute more constructively... Rather than just coming in and being disparaging... Many other have come in and done so and that is welcomed...

And obviously I was adding a bit of melodrama to me post... Writing "well I was extremely disappointed by Mr Morris' choice" wouldn't have had the same interest would it? :) 

12 hours ago, robglosta said:

What's the perspective of the 'jump the gun' brigade now? Bet you hated that! 

*dripping in sarcasm* Yes... I always hate it when the team I've supported since I was a toddler loses... 

Of course not... I'm delighted we won... Still worried about the number of shots we had vs shots on target and goals...

However

He played Hughes

He played Martin

He played the players in roles which actually suit the way they play

If he maintains this... I will withdraw many of my objections... As much of them were about the 3 points above...

7 minutes ago, robglosta said:

To all those biting, what about just giving him time? I really do think a 'whining about Pearson thread' and those sticking the knife in after two games is one of the saddest things I've seen on this forum.

Aside from all else, can I just ask why you've got the Real Madrid badge as your picture? Or is it just a leftover from the Clement era? 

10 hours ago, wixman1884 said:

he has my full backing at this stage of the season, but i have to say from watching his interviews on Ram's player he comes across as a complete f-ing weirdo

Who NP?

Listening to the last NP interview (and previous ones) he comes across as thoughtful and considered. Wanting to put across his ideas without being misunderstood or having his words 'twisted'. What he says also is good to hear.

46 minutes ago, robglosta said:

To all those biting, what about just giving him time? I really do think a 'whining about Pearson thread' and those sticking the knife in after two games is one of the saddest things I've seen on this forum.

Thank you

11 hours ago, wixman1884 said:

he has my full backing at this stage of the season, but i have to say from watching his interviews on Ram's player he comes across as a complete f-ing weirdo

There is a fine line between madness and genius. Let's hope he is the latter

58 minutes ago, robglosta said:

Seeing as you've elected yourself arbiter, how many games do we have to wait before we are allowed to disagree with Pearson's team selection or tactics?

58 minutes ago, robglosta said:

As originally stated... I was uninspired about the appointment long before we even played a game and the first 3 (including cup) games were a worrying indication to me...

Last night has helped calm me down a little as (it seems) he's actually playing the players in something resembling where they've played before... Positions we've seen then have barnstorming games in... And I like a manager who's brave enough to pick Hughes and Butterfield in the same side... So mad props to him for that...

And as previously stated I specifically made this thread so we had a small corner to whine in... Rather than spreading negativity everywhere we have our quite little table/thread in the corner of the pub/forum where we can have a little grumble... You don't need to get involved/join the table but you're more than welcome to add something constructive to the debate...

1 hour ago, Tombo said:

Aside from all else, can I just ask why you've got the Real Madrid badge as your picture? Or is it just a leftover from the Clement era? 

I've still got Bucko on mine.

17 minutes ago, Anon said:

Seeing as you've elected yourself arbiter, how many games do we have to wait before we are allowed to disagree with Pearson's team selection or tactics?

In your case, none. I can recognise a Football Manager expert.

9 minutes ago, eddie said:

In your case, none. I can recognise a Football Manager expert.

I haven't played football manager since the first one from 1994. Back then I could've told you in all certainty that Richard Goulooze and Steve Hayward would go on to be top players.

Archived