September's Starting XI.

MACKWORTHRAM

Just to take my mind off the fact its Monday tomorrow. I was thinking of the players we are linked with and what our starting and formation 11 could be when the window shuts and everyones fit.

Came up with a couple:-

Carson

Keogh Pearce Shackell

Yedlin.              Thorne                 Ollsson

Hughes.       Bryson

Martin.          Wells

3-5-2. A system which could suit us. Width provided by attacking full backs. Thorne sitting deep to give Bryson and Hughes license to go forward where they are most effective. Not picking balls up 20 yards from their own goal. I really like the look of this one.

Carson

Gunter.         Keogh.     Shackell.   Forsyth

Thorne.    Gunnarson.         

Forestieri.          Hughes.            Ince.   

Martin

Nice solid back 4. Full backs who can get forward but are also solid defenders. 2 holding mids to sheild the back 4. 3 attacking players who can roam and get up in support of Martin. Also thats where Hughes shouls play imo. I think.Hughes is a number 10.

Just a little play about. Can probably mix and match each team and have loads of ideas. But both look very good sides at this level. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

Carson

Christie Keogh Shackell Forsyth

Thorne

Bryson Hughes

Russell.    Martin  Ince

I like the optimism. Thorne will suffer another setback and not get back in by September. 

7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I like the optimism. Thorne will suffer another setback and not get back in by September. 

No worries drop Hanson in there. We could play a attacking 4-3-3. Seriously if we played 4-3-3 in the first two games we would be looking at least 4 points now. 

7 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

If something has continuiosly not worked for 3 years, then its broken. 

These last three years have been great fun, superb crowds and quality passing football, entertaining and lots of goals. Top 8 finishes and quality away days with pals. That's not broken.

1 minute ago, philmycock said:

These last three years have been great fun, superb crowds and quality passing football, entertaining and lots of goals. Top 8 finishes and quality away days with pals. That's not broken.

Correctamundo 

11 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

If something has continuiosly not worked for 3 years, then its broken. 

Apologies for emerging blinking into the sunlight from the murky gloom of pedant's corner but......

I think you meant to say that our 433 has not continuously worked rather that it had continuously not worked. It's certainly worked on a number of occasions as we have had a winning record of matches since it was introduced.

Right.....back to reviewing 6 months of b4s posts in search of minor grammatical typos. .....:thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, philmycock said:

This.

Being excited to go to games is what football should be about.

Carson

Gunter keogh Shack Fozzy

Russell Johnson Hughes Camara

Ince Weimann

Martin and Hendrick gone.

No big transfer lands. 

Bent - Super sub. 

Blackman and Bryson regular subs. 

We go September unbeaten. 

47 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Have to disagree mate. 

McClarens first season he took over in October and from then to the end of the season it was fantastic. Then the next season was too. Right up until February when it all went wrong. 

Clement took over and whilst till Chritmas the football was effective it was also in the main part boring as hell. I came out of many games having not enjoyed it. Losing at home to MK Dons, 0 shots on target at home to Preston. Clement tried to play different formations but obviously realised the players couldnt do it cos they arent really that good. Then obviously Wassall came in and we were pretty much hot and cold till the end of the season. Some games we played well. Others we were so poor. We played 433 all last season and in some games we played a lot worse than we did yesterday. Id say we had a good first 18 months. But then the last 18 have been fairly mundane.

Systems havent failed us. The players have. Summed up perfectly by our play off games against Hull. First game pathetic. Next game brilliant. 

51 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

This.

Being excited to go to games is what football should be about.

Yeah it is in a way. But im excited to go to football games for the prize at the end. Seeing Derby get promoted is all I want. 

If we were plodding along in mid table, going nowhere, playing nice football, having good games and bad games. I wouldnt enjoy going as much. 

I look forward to every match because we are promotiom candidates and you go in to each game confident. And I can see the big prize at the end of it. 

If we were like Preston for example. Not really gonna go down and not really gonna go up. I wouldnt look forward to going half as much as I do now. 

Play off season was a fluke defeat at Wembley following some scintillating displays.

Next season was scuppered by Martin's injury and buying Bent.

Last season was having a rookie manager, injuries and (I agree) inconsistency.

This season is getting a manager who wants to change our whole playing structure, we'll see if it's a good move, I would have a preferred sticking to the same system.

It's all about opinions, football would be dull if we all thought the same thing!

58 minutes ago, philmycock said:

The first 18 months of those 3 years...i would have to agree. Really unlucky not to beat QPR and go up, deserved to really.  But since the middle of the season before last.things haven't been significantly worse.  Clement was succeeding for a while but without ever looking like he was building an exciting team. 

4 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Play off season was a fluke defeat at Wembley following some scintillating displays.

Next season was scuppered by Martin's injury and buying Bent.

Last season was having a rookie manager, injuries and (I agree) inconsistency.

This season is getting a manager who wants to change our whole playing structure, we'll see if it's a good move, I would have a preferred sticking to the same system.

It's all about opinions, football would be dull if we all thought the same thing!

It is mate. 

I understand where you are coming from.

But for me. Its been 3 years of failure. These players have had their chance and all they do is let us down. 

After Saturday. I am at the end of my tether with them. It was utterly unacceptable. 

All these players have done over the last 3 years is prove that they arent good enough. 

Its only now im realising the players are nowhere near as good as I thought.

Sorry for keep on banging on about this but if Pearson wanted to change the playing style it would make sense to bring 3 or 4 players in during pre-season and not panic with only two weeks left and several games completed,

Don't want to be playing catch up come Autumn IF he gets this team working

Carson

Christie Keogh Shackell Forsyth

Fosu-Mensah (L)

Bryson             Hughes

Solanke(L)                           N'Tep

Martin 

Subs - Grant Pearce Olsson Butterfield Hendrick Ince Russell 

Sell - Johnson Blackman Camara

Fosu-Mensah to move to RB when Thorne is fit

Archived