Live Game Thread 16/17

SaintRam

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope Fulham make it. Theyre the best team Ive seen this season strangely enough. 

Moving on, could this be the best FA cup in years? City and Arsenal already through, likely to be joined by Tottenham and one of Chelsea/Man Utd.

When was the last time 4 of the 'big 6' were the semi-finalists in the FA Cup?

I know we all want to see an underdog win it, even if to give us hope Derby could do it one day. But I find finals like Utd v Palace boring and that Wigan/City final aside, it's usually always the big club lifting the trophy.

When was the last time we had 2 'heavyweights' in the final? Chelsea/Utd back in 2006/7?

2 hours ago, Squid said:

With sheff weds losing again. It makes our recent form even more annoying! Looks like Fulham could be that team that gate crashes late on. 

Reading's next two are against Wednesday and Leeds.

Even despite our poor form and recent losses, wins against Bristol, Burton and Blackburn would have still had us in contention. 

A drop in form from the playoff-chasing sides was inevitable though.

40 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Reading's next two are against Wednesday and Leeds.

Even despite our poor form and recent losses, wins against Bristol, Burton and Blackburn would have still had us in contention. 

A drop in form from the playoff-chasing sides was inevitable though.

The only thing that's impressed me about reading is that they're still in the top 6! I've been waiting for them to drop out all season. 

Forget those guys, that centre back for Deportivo La Coruna today looked immense in their 2-1 win over Barcelona, consistently getting the better of Messi, Suarez and co....if only we could a player like that here! Albentosa I think his name was...or something like that.

Football is strange.

2 hours ago, Highgate said:

Forget those guys, that centre back for Deportivo La Coruna today looked immense in their 2-1 win over Barcelona, consistently getting the better of Messi, Suarez and co....if only we could a player like that here! Albentosa I think his name was...or something like that.

Football is strange.

I just popped into this thread to post something similar. Basically Albentosa marked Messi out of the game - and there is one person who posts on here who maintains that he is the worst player ever to play for Derby.

9 minutes ago, eddie said:

I just popped into this thread to post something similar. Basically Albentosa marked Messi out of the game - and there is one person who posts on here who maintains that he is the worst player ever to play for Derby.

Clearly he can defend a bit when the system suits him and the confidence is high. Never looked comfortable here though, never got much of a chance really.

1 hour ago, 2tups said:

Was it just me, or was that the least passionate game on the pitch for years. And Clint bloody Hill.

Wasn't the best old firm game for sure. Still, they meet again in the cup.

Was totally a pen at the end as well IMO, but rangers will say they deserved a point for trying harder than they did earlier in the season.

Hopefully next season rangers get closer, because the game needs it, be good yo have hibs and the Arabs back in the top flight.

Archived