No new signings will we be able to compete?

toddy

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, YouRams said:

I don't think it's a case of not being able to compete, more a case of we've missed out on some quality players due to a crazy spend last season. 

Who sanctioned those signings last season. 

Just wondering because you used the word we've

Pearson has to live with that. 

Just now, curtains said:

Who sanctioned those signings last season. 

Rush? Morris? If you believe what we were told it was all Clements fault. Some bad scouting if you ask me, and I've said on previous threads we signed with no real idea of where a player would fit in, brought in bodies instead of quality in positions we needed to strengthen. I'm not writing them off just yet hopefully NP unlocks all the potential, I can't help but get jealous of some signings other teams are making though. 

6 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Rush? Morris? If you believe what we were told it was all Clements fault. Some bad scouting if you ask me, and I've said on previous threads we signed with no real idea of where a player would fit in, brought in bodies instead of quality in positions we needed to strengthen. I'm not writing them off just yet hopefully NP unlocks all the potential, I can't help but get jealous of some signings other teams are making though. 

I'm not writing them off either contrary to what other people perceive with overreactions to my posts. 

Nigel Pearson has one of the most difficult jobs in Football at DCFC.  

Good luck to him but one of the problems with changing manager is they have to assess the squad all over again root and branch and then make their decisions. 

I can understand therefore why we haven't signed anyone yet. 

That doesn't mean I'm going to speak in glowing terms about our chances of top 2 just yet but I await the outcome and hope to be convinced like others on here that we have the squad for promotion and the academy to back it up. 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

I'm not writing them off either contrary to what other people perceive with overreactions to my posts. 

When you vehemently oppose other people's opinions and don't back up your own, the only one who comes across as overreacting is you. 

Just now, curtains said:

I'm not writing them off either contrary to what other peopl perceive with overreactions to my posts. 

Nigel Pearson has one of the most difficult jobs in Football at DCFC.  

Good luck to him but one of the problems with changing manager is they have to assess the squad all over again root and branch and then make their decisions. 

I can understand therefore why we haven't signed anyone yet. 

Agreed I think it will take a season or two I'm not expecting us to go up this season, last seasons spending put us further back IMO and unbalanced a team that only needed a few tweaks.

Unfortunalty because of one good season under Mac a lot of Derby fans think we have a right to be able to walk straight into the Prem. I hope those people have gained patience over the summer and give NP time. 

1 minute ago, Srg said:

When you vehemently oppose other people's opinions and don't back up your own, the only one who comes across as overreacting is you. 

No I couldn't possibly answer all the posts to me.

You really do have a nasty habit of abbreviating my posts to suit yourself don't you .

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

No I couldn't possibly answer all the posts to me.

You really do have a nasty habit of abbreviating my posts to suit yourself don't you .

Find where I've done that then? I shortened the post I quoted because you've changed your tune after 7 pages and for something to be habit, it needs to be repetitive... So, where's the evidence?

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

Find where I've done that then? I shortened the post I quoted because you've changed your tune after 7 pages and for something to be habit, it needs to be repetitive... So, where's the evidence?

You just did it .

Read my reply to Yourams and then your quote to me 

Rush/Morris the latest Derby scapegoats then.

Yes, we've not made any signings. But people seem to ignore that it could be Pearson that thinks (for good, or for ill) that we don't need any more.

You say we don't have the squad depth? Disagree. If anything, it needed trimming, and it has.

6 top half championship midfielders - Bryson, Hendrick, Hughes, Butterfield, Johnson, Thorne.

Before outgoings, 7 centre backs - Keogh, Shackell, Pearce, Rawson, Buxton, Albentosa, Shotton.

2 excellent strikers in Bent and Martin, which it looks as if one will miss out this season. If they both play, then Ince would probably miss out.

Adequate cover over every other position, and some exciting academy talent.

Yes, injuries and suspensions will bite, but even then, the squad is too big. You can't keep all those players happy without constant rotation, which does us no favours.

I understand why people get envious of other clubs splashing the cash. Newcastle needed a complete overhaul, as do Villa, Bristol City, Leeds.

But surely its better to have a settled squad that knows what each player is about? The manager knows what each player is about? Clement and Wassall never knew what their best 11 was. Maybe Pearson does. Maybe that's why we haven't signed anyone.

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I am  not talking a load of crap it often shows if you dont streangh your side it is going to struggle i still we need one or two players to help us get to the next level.

People are very precious about the Rams mate. 

You have to be fully onboard all the time to be a true Derby Fan. 

Dont let them get you down mate. 

I care about this club i just dont like to see the lads giving everything but then seeing them out guned i still we need another playmaker who can deliver decent free kicks that martin ben or ince can feed off. We need cdm covering as bird is not upto the task.

7 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Remember when we spunked £25 million last season?  that worked out well didnt it. . . . 

The season Leicester went up they hardly spent a penny. . . their fans were saying exactly the same as we are now. 

diddly diddly dong 

Raneri and the coach  Shakespere was the difference though. 

Archived