Copy of passport or birth certificate for matchday ticket ?

WystonRam

1 hour ago, WystonRam said:

So after 32 years having a season ticket, this is how loyalty is repaid, we have taken several people along to games over the years, often buying tickets for the children's friends, and colleagues etc...they are now making the excuse they have to make sure anyone under 13 is sat next to an adult ....the fact the ticket purchased is next to us ?

Am I missing something here? How did you make the leap from the club asking for evidence in support of a concession priced ticket to them making sure kids sit next to adults? 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Not exactly comparing like with like there though are you? I can understand being mildly irritated as a result of having to prove a child's age but, a 20% increase in petrol prices would be something else.

Admittedly my post should be on the ticket price thread.

However, seeing as the poster I quoted has on two seperate threads quite happily accused people of outrage etc I'd imagine they'll be quite happy to use this point time and time again. 

18 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

It's not personal and it's definitely not about loyalty. It's inconvenient for sure when people ask for age validation like this, but they're not doing it for a lark. It'll be because they're either required by law or by the auditors (I'd suspect the latter).

I do hate that so many adults go in on child tickets. If you want to blame anyone, those are probably the people to point a finger at.

a lot of away teams are notorious for this. When I was a steward during 'THAT' season, there was a 'operation' when Everton visited, to check EVERY ticket. BUT, as a side issue, all kids tickets were checked to ensure that they weren't adult tickets, as the Everton fans were known to say that their kids must have picked the wrong ticket and get them mixed up. I think it turned out to be something like 90 adults trying to get in as kids, ALL used the same excuse, only 2 were genuinely mixed up tickets, and they were given the choices a) get your kid to come out with the adult ticket, b) pay the difference, c) go away.

5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

a lot of away teams are notorious for this. When I was a steward during 'THAT' season, there was a 'operation' when Everton visited, to check EVERY ticket. BUT, as a side issue, all kids tickets were checked to ensure that they weren't adult tickets, as the Everton fans were known to say that their kids must have picked the wrong ticket and get them mixed up. I think it turned out to be something like 90 adults trying to get in as kids, ALL used the same excuse, only 2 were genuinely mixed up tickets, and they were given the choices a) get your kid to come out with the adult ticket, b) pay the difference, c) go away.

how many sets of shiny new hubcaps did you get offered?

17 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

So if Petrol went up 20% overnight you'll not moan about it?

I believe the 'moan' in question was providing id information not prices. However, if you read my comment it was pointing out the difference between being 'outraged' and being 'disgruntled'. Don't you think there's a tendancy to overreact to things on social media?

However, as you bring it up, I imagine I would be unhappy about petrol prices going up by 20% because, in the main, the use of my car is a necessity for getting to work and for such staples as shopping for food.  Whether I'd bother venting my spleen about it on a forum dedicated to such, I'm not sure.  Mainly because it wouldn't change anything. I'd still buy the petrol too as I'd have little choice in the matter.

Going to a football match is a choice, however.  I recognise that you can't quite equate football with going to the pictures or eating out, because being a supporter of a club affects people in a different and more fundamental way than their favourite filmstar or retaurant and, unlike many things, if you want to watch The Rams live then you generally can't do it unless you are there or a match is being televised.  You can wait for the film to come on television or eat a microwaved meal in front of the TV (i do that often).  However, it doesn't alter the fact that DCFC are a business not a public service and have the right to charge as much or as little as they want to let people in. If they charge too much, then people won't go, attendances will fall, revenues will fall and I would imagine that prices will fall. I think this what comes from living in a free market, capitalist society.  The right to moan is also what comes from living in a liberal society, as is the right to disagree with the people who are moaning or care less about what they are moaning about. 

In the other thread, I wasn't suggesting that the club are right to charge what they are. It is too expensive, my point on there was also that people are overreacting to it and taking the criticism - particularly of Mel - a bit far.  If you take that as me saying 'I'm alright Jack' then so be it.

I shall learn my lesson, however, and take my leave.

1 hour ago, Kinder said:

It's the third year I've bought a child's season ticket for my lad but the first year I've had to send a copy of his passport.  It didn't bother me and hopefully it's on their system now and they won't have to ask again.

That is my point, if we want as has been the cas eover many years to buy a ticket for a friend, we have to turn up with ID each time? I did my daughters this year for her ST and that is fine. Actually they claim that this is to stop under age people sitting on their own.

We do state in clause 3.1.5 of our Terms & Conditions that "The Club reserves the right to ask Supporters to produce evidence of their date of birth upon request", which is largely in the interest of supporter safety as Xxx has alluded to.

45 minutes ago, LazloW said:

I believe the 'moan' in question was providing id information not prices. However, if you read my comment it was pointing out the difference between being 'outraged' and being 'disgruntled'. Don't you think there's a tendancy to overreact to things on social media?

However, as you bring it up, I imagine I would be unhappy about petrol prices going up by 20% because, in the main, the use of my car is a necessity for getting to work and for such staples as shopping for food.  Whether I'd bother venting my spleen about it on a forum dedicated to such, I'm not sure.  Mainly because it wouldn't change anything. I'd still buy the petrol too as I'd have little choice in the matter.

Going to a football match is a choice, however.  I recognise that you can't quite equate football with going to the pictures or eating out, because being a supporter of a club affects people in a different and more fundamental way than their favourite filmstar or retaurant and, unlike many things, if you want to watch The Rams live then you generally can't do it unless you are there or a match is being televised.  You can wait for the film to come on television or eat a microwaved meal in front of the TV (i do that often).  However, it doesn't alter the fact that DCFC are a business not a public service and have the right to charge as much or as little as they want to let people in. If they charge too much, then people won't go, attendances will fall, revenues will fall and I would imagine that prices will fall. I think this what comes from living in a free market, capitalist society.  The right to moan is also what comes from living in a liberal society, as is the right to disagree with the people who are moaning or care less about what they are moaning about. 

In the other thread, I wasn't suggesting that the club are right to charge what they are. It is too expensive, my point on there was also that people are overreacting to it and taking the criticism - particularly of Mel - a bit far.  If you take that as me saying 'I'm alright Jack' then so be it.

I shall learn my lesson, however, and take my leave.

I think there's some rather valid points. I disagree about the criticism going too far of Mel though...... I'm more disappointed than angry..... 

If this is the "Derby Way" then I can see a lot of frustrated fans looking from the outside in. 

With regards about adults getting in for kids prices etc. I've not seen it happen, only information about this I see on here or other social networks. If people are complaining that these are getting away with it..... Why don't they report it? Would be the first thing I'd do without hesitation.

It was a bit like after first home game last season..... One guy calling fans out as scum on Twitter who took flags home etc..... Happily took photos and tried to "name and shame", I pointed out why didn't you say anything. I got ignored and them preceded to carry on calling fans scum. 

Easy to moan I know..... But you can be outraged and do something about it instead of taking easy way out and complaining but letting things carry on. I'm just as guilty of it I'll admit.

54 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

That is my point, if we want as has been the cas eover many years to buy a ticket for a friend, we have to turn up with ID each time? I did my daughters this year for her ST and that is fine. Actually they claim that this is to stop under age people sitting on their own.

It's a pain for you yes... However I think on this occasion it's a fair shout from the club to ask for ID to prove the age of the person using the ticket... Since we've switched to electronic gates there is no one to check this...

There are MANY valid complaints against the club (price of tickets in general, price of catering, price of replica kits etc etc) however I think this one is just a simple move by the club to cut out fraud... Unfortunately it just happens to be a pain for you...

8 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

It's a pain for you yes... However I think on this occasion it's a fair shout from the club to ask for ID to prove the age of the person using the ticket... Since we've switched to electronic gates there is no one to check this...

There are MANY valid complaints against the club (price of tickets in general, price of catering, price of replica kits etc etc) however I think this one is just a simple move by the club to cut out fraud... Unfortunately it just happens to be a pain for you...

Ok, but in this instance checking that the person has to sit with an adult if under 13, the ticket is next to ours, and last time I checked I was over 18 :lol:

23 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

Ok, but in this instance checking that the person has to sit with an adult if under 13, the ticket is next to ours, and last time I checked I was over 18 :lol:

I suspect that is an excuse so they don't have to say "we're trying to weed out the scumbags who are buying a kids ticket to try and get in for cheap"

If the clyb were serioysly worried about itvwhy remive the turnstile stewards/operators? 

Oh yeah because the cost of all those staff is mire than the losses due to people havingbthe wtong tickets. No checking at time of purchase is pointless without checking as people go in. 

7 minutes ago, davenportram said:

If the clyb were serioysly worried about itvwhy remive the turnstile stewards/operators? 

Oh yeah because the cost of all those staff is mire than the losses due to people havingbthe wtong tickets. No checking at time of purchase is pointless without checking as people go in. 

Because electronic turnstiles are COOL! It's the future! :)

23 minutes ago, davenportram said:

It does seem daft checking when buying the ticket. I could get one using my lads passport but it doesn't mean he is going to use the ticket on match day. The only way is checking on the day.

35 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Are you OK Dav?

1 hour ago, davenportram said:

Nice one B4

Archived