Fulhams ram raid

satty atwal

49 minutes ago, FulhamFan said:

Come on now, you've got to understand that mccormacks is worth more? I know you'd probably say its stupid, but Mccormack for Martin and Russell would suit us so much but may be me being bias to mccormacks value - Norwich seem to look like they are paying 14 million for him.

Very bias mate... off the top of my head martin and russell involved in 40+ goals last year. Wouldnt even entertain a martin for mccormack straight swap deal.... and u want russell aswell lol

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fulham have been linked with five Derby players this window - Forsyth, Hendrick, Russell, Martin & Keogh. 

It's very odd. I certainly can't see any of them signing for Fulham. If McCormack goes, it's a pretty huge blow to the team that finished 20th last season. I don't see how they can expect to sign some of our most expensive players - all five would require decent to huge transfer fees. Not only that, I imagine all five would expect huge wages to leave a top six side for a bottom six side. 

We're a very wealthy club, too. It's not like we're run on a tight budget.

25 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

Very bias mate... off the top of my head martin and russell involved in 40+ goals last year. Wouldnt even entertain a martin for mccormack straight swap deal.... and u want russell aswell lol

Norwich paying 14 million for ross? Couldnt see Norwich paying more than 10 for martin. Mccormack involved in 30 goals for Fulham last year alone? (21 goals 9 assists)

Said it last year, will say it again. 

McCormack is a **** Kris Commons. 

Also, Martin 2 and a half years younger. 

Anyone that pays upwards of £10m for a 30 year old in this league needs their heads checking. 

The only way anything like this would happen is if we are determined to get Kodija, and Chester is

definitely coming. Although I would say we are more likely to see Keogh in a back 3 along with

Chester and shackell. So don't think he's going anywhere.

Would love McCormack here. You all know about my McCormack love in but for me he is the best player in the league. To score so many goals for a poor Fulham team is remarkable. Him and Dembele carried Fulham last season. Age is just a number, Juventus spent 94 million on Higuain who is 28. No-one here would say no to Jamie Vardy due to his age. Players are a lot fitter these days. 30 is the new 25 with all the new fitness techniques. It's not as if Martin is much younger anyway, only 2 years and McCormack is a lot fitter than Martin so looking at age in this context isn't the best idea imo.

Even though our last trip to the premier league nearly finished us off, can we make it Ince (Trigger), Bent (Denzil) and (Mickey) Pearce and we'll throw in a signed copy of Steve Bloomers watching and a family pack of wagon wheels! I'd rather enjoy several good seasons in the championship myself, and I don't think NP is going to rip his current squad to shreds so quickly.

2 hours ago, Dcfcrams89 said:

Not sure how folk no Martin and Keogh don't suit pearsons style, 2 games into pre season ?

Same reason they knew that Scott Carson was a poor keeper, not a patch on Kelle Roos.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Even if we get 1 good season out of McCormack it will be worth it financially with the riches of the premier league

We could get one good season but would he provide the same goals and assists that Martin does? I'm not too sure he's worth it really! 

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

Would love McCormack here. You all know about my McCormack love in but for me he is the best player in the league. To score so many goals for a poor Fulham team is remarkable. Him and Dembele carried Fulham last season. Age is just a number, Juventus spent 94 million on Higuain who is 28. No-one here would say no to Jamie Vardy due to his age. Players are a lot fitter these days. 30 is the new 25 with all the new fitness techniques. It's not as if Martin is much younger anyway, only 2 years and McCormack is a lot fitter than Martin so looking at age in this context isn't the best idea imo.

In a defensively poor team... Not a poor team when they attack... Joint 5th top scorers in the league and still had a negative goal difference... Don't think they can be classed as a poor attacking team...

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

In a defensively poor team... Not a poor team when they attack... Joint 5th top scorers in the league and still had a negative goal difference... Don't think they can be classed as a poor attacking team...

Yes they were very good last season up front but McCormack and Dembele were involved in pretty much everything positive they did going forward. Fulham's attacking stats will be nowhere near as good this season if McCormack leaves, with Dembele already having left

23 minutes ago, BottrillRAM said:

We could get one good season but would he provide the same goals and assists that Martin does? I'm not too sure he's worth it really! 

It's hard to say but it's worth the gamble for me, others may disagree but it's just my opinion. Put Martin in that fulham team and he wouldn't get as many goals as Mccormack for me.

10 minutes ago, HenriDCFC said:

Then you've completely contradicted yourself

Think you might have misunderstood the original post. I read it as why would you swap Martin for McCormack when McCormack is older.

Archived