Fulhams ram raid

satty atwal

39 minutes ago, r4derby said:

But then you're assuming we have no money in the pot before the sale of those 3. Mel has money, and I reckon the finances as they are mean we could buy a big signing should we need to without selling. Plus, Martin worth a lot as a goal scorer, even more than Kodjia if a team really wants him.

Agree with you though, I don't think we should sell them. I like our players. Tweaking is fine by me (Oi Oi) just asking the question

I do wonder whether the tweaking assumption that pearson initially made is now coming under question  (from nigel himself ).

I think tho that if a more profound change of direction is now being contemplated that it will be a challenge to get implemented by seasons start. Hence we should expect a transitional season.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Did you not see Martin's 15 goals and 10 assists last season? 

Any suggestions as to who those new signings could be? Not much point selling our POTY, one of the best strikers in the league and Russell who contributed to nearly 20 goals last season if we can't replace them with better players.

7 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Any suggestions as to who those new signings could be? Not much point selling our POTY, one of the best strikers in the league and Russell who contributed to nearly 20 goals last season if we can't replace them with better players.

My thoughts exactly

11 minutes ago, hiltonram said:

Keogh - 3m,  Russell - 3m,  Martin  - 8m,  Hendrick - 8m  = 22m.

This would enable us to buy new right wing back, central defender and big striker.

why a new right wing back? we have one of the best in the league, and he's young, same goes for the CB's, oh, and the striker. but we would have lost a wide forward a centre midfielder and a captain, ever present CB. odd logic

PistoldPete2
27 minutes ago, hiltonram said:

Keogh - 3m,  Russell - 3m,  Martin  - 8m,  Hendrick - 8m  = 22m.

This would enable us to buy new right wing back, central defender and big striker.

I think in today's market I would want way more for them all... Keogh £7m , russell £5 million and martin  at least £10 million. Not that I believe fulham could afford any of them unless they sold McCormack 

31 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

@TheDeadlySaul Sorry Saul, not quite sure why mine's quoted your post instead of @hiltonram's. 

Fulham fan here;

Taking this ''gossip'' with a pinch of salt, but these would be my estimations from a non biased fan on how much each would cost.

Martin - 8/9 million - Very established championship striker but just not in the top 3 elite calibre that Rhodes, McCormack are etc.

Russell 5/6 million - Although frustrating to watch at times his blistering place and left foot is one many clubs would be happy to start and think in the right system he'd flourish.

Keogh - 4 maybe 5 at a push million - Solid centre back, however just cant see us paying 5 million for a player in the last year of his contract.

Could definitely see Russell being ofloaded out of the 3, and maybe Martin if you want to push through a deal for Kodja.

Best of luck for the season.

PistoldPete2
7 minutes ago, HenriDCFC said:

Straight swap for McCormack and Martin 

Are they similar ages? Or isn't mccormack older? Think I would prefer martin to McCormack but would quite like to have both. 

PistoldPete2
23 minutes ago, FulhamFan said:

Fulham fan here;

Taking this ''gossip'' with a pinch of salt, but these would be my estimations from a non biased fan on how much each would cost.

Martin - 8/9 million - Very established championship striker but just not in the top 3 elite calibre that Rhodes, McCormack are etc.

Russell 5/6 million - Although frustrating to watch at times his blistering place and left foot is one many clubs would be happy to start and think in the right system he'd flourish.

Keogh - 4 maybe 5 at a push million - Solid centre back, however just cant see us paying 5 million for a player in the last year of his contract.

Could definitely see Russell being ofloaded out of the 3, and maybe Martin if you want to push through a deal for Kodja.

I don't see martin and Kodja as alternatives they are very different players. I agree russell is the most likely to be sold but that's not saying much. Keogh could easily have his contract extended, but I think Pearson is taking a look at all the players b fore deciding what to do. 

20 minutes ago, HenriDCFC said:

Straight swap for McCormack and Martin 

Come on now, you've got to understand that mccormacks is worth more? I know you'd probably say its stupid, but Mccormack for Martin and Russell would suit us so much but may be me being bias to mccormacks value - Norwich seem to look like they are paying 14 million for him.

PistoldPete2
3 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

You for real? Martin for someone who is coming into his thirties?

I think fulham have quoted £15 million for McCormack. Looks like he's on his way but at what price and to who I don't know.

People get too hung up on formations.

McClaren's, Clement's and Wassall's systems were all totally different.

I'd even argue that Clement's intended shape for us was 4-2-3-1. 

How do people know that the only formation Martin can play in is a '4-3-3'? In Clough's last 13 games he scored 6 goals and created another as a part of a front pairing in a diamond.

In one half at the tip of a diamond under McClaren he created three one on one situations. If he can play that role in a diamond he could also play it in a three at the back. 

All this "Martin's only good when you play his way" is total crap. What player is that not true of? If you asked Craig Bryson to control a game he'd look awful. If you asked Andre Gray to come short he'd look awful. Ince looked awful when given no freedom under Clement. 

Just give Martin the ball to feet and have players buzzing around him and he'll create chances. 

58 minutes ago, FulhamFan said:

Fulham fan here;

Aside from being a decent goal scorer, Rhodes offers little else. Chris Martin is the best target man in the Championship, he offers much more to the team than just goals. 

IMO, McCormack is the most complete striker I've seen in the Championship. Great goal scorer, technical very good, quick and willing to drop deep and play a creative role.

If anyone deserves a crack at PL football, it's him, especially when worse players such as Lewis Grabban and Benik Afobe are up there. Boro should hae bought McCormack instead of Rhodes.

Their deal for Rhodes has got them up, but he will barely play up there and be back down in the Championship sooner or later.

1 hour ago, FulhamFan said:

Fulham fan here;

It's nice to see our players aren't totally undervalued by Fulham fans like they are some of our own, reasonable and realistic valuations to me.

maybe a little low on Martin for my liking ?

47 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I think fulham have quoted £15 million for McCormack. Looks like he's on his way but at what price and to who I don't know.

If fulham quote 15m for mccormack mel and sam should quote 20m for martin.... much younger.... fair is fair

Archived