Steve Bruce leaving Hull?

ColonelBlimp

9 hours ago, Paul71 said:

At the end of season party Steve Bruce got up and sang Smells like teen spirt on the karaoke, unfortunately he had had one too many shandies and got a bit carried away during the head banging bits, reports said it was carnage and there were numerous injuries and broken bones suffered by players and staff alike.

What does teen spirt smell like? It's been a few years! :whistle:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, BodminRam said:

Looking at their local rag pages and supporters points, it basically seems the owners were that fed up they didn't get the backing from the supporters or league regarding their name change to Tigers, they decided to sell the club, and not reinvest any of the 100 plus million into the club acquired from promotion . I feel for Bruce and the supporters, however could this be a potential "Worst team in history"..... 

Every season when someone goes up i hope the wheels completely come off their season and they become the new worst team in history... Doubt it though that record will probably stand for 100 years  

23 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Every season when someone goes up i hope the wheels completely come off their season and they become the new worst team in history... Doubt it though that record will probably stand for 100 years  

We can all but dream

5 hours ago, G-Ram said:

Only having enough players to put an 11 out and partly fill the bench might make it closer than usual tho......

Hull are a complete car crash - with only 13 fit players, no manager - and an owner who dosen't know what to do.

I think Steve Bruce did the right thing - leaves with head held up - and he will be snapped up very soon.

They must be odds on to get relegated back this season...

1 hour ago, JW37 said:

Hull are finishing bottom this year may even break the infamous 11 point record.. what a shame.

Genuinely think a team with no manager and 13 fit players would still just about get past 11 points before the end of the season.

It cannot be overstated just how absolutely shocking 11 points is lol

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Genuinely think a team with no manager and 13 fit players would still just about get past 11 points before the end of the season.

It cannot be overstated just how absolutely shocking 11 points is lol

What are the odds on Paul Jewell taking over at Hull?

I think the building blocks to threaten 11 pts are in place but to come close to the level of our shambles in 2007 -2008 a few more disasters need to ensue. 

- the better players of those remaining place transfer requests and when these are not heeded effectively withdraw labour.

- they are unable to appoint a permanent manager. The first interim is sacked around November with no plan of a replacement leading to player disillusionment 

- they haven't yet made any truly awful signings that would completely disrupt what's left of the team. Say a nile ranger type. Bargain basement stuff signed in panic to replace want away players. 

As @SaintRam says the sheer f***wittedness of our 11 point season will take some equalling. 

Bruce is always on the look out for summutz else and he'll pop up smelling of roses fairly soon. 

He's managed to get out a tricky situation and spin a line to the gullible fans that his mates in the press will also swallow. If he was that arsed, he'd crack on and try and make it work at Hull. Not as though he ain't paid well to at least try. 

On 25/07/2016 at 18:46, HantsRam said:

I think the building blocks to threaten 11 pts are in place but to come close to the level of our shambles in 2007 -2008 a few more disasters need to ensue. 

- the better players of those remaining place transfer requests and when these are not heeded effectively withdraw labour.

- they are unable to appoint a permanent manager. The first interim is sacked around November with no plan of a replacement leading to player disillusionment 

- they haven't yet made any truly awful signings that would completely disrupt what's left of the team. Say a nile ranger type. Bargain basement stuff signed in panic to replace want away players. 

As @SaintRam says the sheer f***wittedness of our 11 point season will take some equalling. 

Villa were not far off it last season, someoen could get close ... one day

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Schtevie's put in an application for the Hull job. The Job centre have said if he does another five he can keep signing on.

cyclone steve leaving a trail of destruction through the north of england.

Archived