If you had 10 million to spend

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

10 million to spend who would you buy in the current market?

Rule out the Rhodes and Mccormacks who have recently moved and will not move.  

Would u buy a couple of 5 mil players or blow it on a star.

It isn't as easy as one thinks.

i'd buy the playboy mansion.

£2m on whores, £2m on cocaine, £2m on fast cars, £2m on alcohol, £2m gambling. Any leftover I'd fritter away aimlessly.

2 minutes ago, needles said:

£2m on whores, £2m on cocaine, £2m on fast cars, £2m on alcohol, £2m gambling. Any leftover I'd fritter away aimlessly.

Alternatively, you could fritter it away on two 5M players that we don't currently need

1 minute ago, rynny said:

Wouldn't it be easier to buy the company and free shipments as when you desire?

If you own the company then you're paying for the shipments to yourself. 

1 minute ago, rynny said:

Wouldn't it be easier to buy the company and free shipments as when you desire?

Seeing as 'the company' includes half a dozen Trappist monasteries, and my favourite beers probably include 30 or 40 different breweries, then perhaps not.

4 minutes ago, eddie said:

Seeing as 'the company' includes half a dozen Trappist monasteries, and my favourite beers probably include 30 or 40 different breweries, then perhaps not.

Buy them all, that's what we want to do as Derby fans isn't it? :lol:

9 minutes ago, eddie said:

Slightly off topic but I met a chap for coffee who's also a Belgian beer fan and was describing a beer that's brewed at an abbey and only sold by appointment from the abbey premises for a very short time period each year. There is a secondary market for it but the cost is exorbitant. Have you heard of such a thing @eddie?

5 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Slightly off topic but I met a chap for coffee who's also a Belgian beer fan and was describing a beer that's brewed at an abbey and only sold by appointment from the abbey premises for a very short time period each year. There is a secondary market for it but the cost is exorbitant. Have you heard of such a thing @eddie?

It's likely to be not an Abbey beer but a Trappisten (brewed in a monastery - there's a huge difference).

The beer sounds like Westvleteren XII, which many consider to be the best beer in the world (I don't, but it is utterly lovely). It is brewed every couple of weeks, but the only way you can buy some is to order one or two crates from the monastery, then go and pick it up at a scheduled date and time. It's not expensive (around €50 a case), but because it has a 'rarity' because of the difficulty in obtaining it, then when it gets re-sold, it gets marked up astronomically (usually to around €12 a bottle, or €250 a case). Your car details are registered, and you can only order once in a 3 month period.

Abbaye St Sixtus do sell presentation packs, and you can buy limited quantities for consumption at the monastery shop, but there is a certain appeal in having a proper wooden Westvleteren crate full of proper Westvleteren XII.

38 minutes ago, eddie said:

It's likely to be not an Abbey beer but a Trappisten (brewed in a monastery - there's a huge difference).

The beer sounds like Westvleteren XII, which many consider to be the best beer in the world (I don't, but it is utterly lovely). It is brewed every couple of weeks, but the only way you can buy some is to order one or two crates from the monastery, then go and pick it up at a scheduled date and time. It's not expensive (around €50 a case), but because it has a 'rarity' because of the difficulty in obtaining it, then when it gets re-sold, it gets marked up astronomically (usually to around €12 a bottle, or €250 a case). Your car details are registered, and you can only order once in a 3 month period.

Abbaye St Sixtus do sell presentation packs, and you can buy limited quantities for consumption at the monastery shop, but there is a certain appeal in having a proper wooden Westvleteren crate full of proper Westvleteren XII.

Sounds like Westvleteren is what he was talking about....

we were recalling booze cruises we had taken in our youth - in the days before single markets led to widespread importing of foreign beers.

7 hours ago, Bwash_Ram said:

A good strong experienced CDM to cover/compete with GT

A good experienced right back to cover/compete with Christie

Probably 6M on the CDM and 4M on the RB

Yeah man! That's where I'd splurge

Archived