Recruitment

CastletonRam

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, David said:

Not worried in the slightest. Start the season tomorrow as we are for me. 

It's not often a manager can walk into a Championship team with the squad we have available to them. 

Probably licking his lips right now thinking of all the options he has, some of which are not even back from training yet.

I would be disappointed if we start signing players before we come back from Portugal. 

But surely we would then miss out on the best players available to us this window if we waited till after Portugal?

9 minutes ago, CastletonRam said:

We scored 19 less 2015/16 season than we did in 2014/15. Of course another striker is a priority. 

Maybe we scored less goals because we had a very negative manager for most of the season and in 14/15 we had a very attacking manager?

6 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

But surely we would then miss out on the best players available to us this window if we waited till after Portugal?

On deadline day in September 2015 these are just a few players who were signed by clubs, Martial, Antonio,Van Dijk, Funes Mori, Vydra, Butterfield and Johnson. You know, if we go away for a couple of weeks for pre season training, Pearson won't return to see the only players available being Nile Ranger, Emile Heskey and Marlon Harewood .... he'll still have plenty of options. 

22 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Which are these best players we have missed out on that Pearson wanted?

We're in a situation where we have a new manager coming in after the Euro's where he hasn't even had a chance to say hello to the full squad yet. 

We also spent more last summer than some clubs will spend in 5 summers, keep bringing in new signings isn't the answer, be nice to have some consistency for a while with all the recent changes both on and off the pitch.

Give Pearson time to evaluate what he has and what he wants to do before strengthening what he sees as weak areas.

What we also really need is the Brighton game as summer boredom is getting to some and watching the likes of Newcastle splashing the cash isn't helping. Thing is Benitez hasn't been there 5 days like Pearson has, he will know what he needs, what he doesn't. Not much point comparing us as totally different situations. 

In an ideal world yes, we identify targets and move as quick as possible, get the players involved with the rest of the squad so they can spend as much pre season together and start bonding. Hopefully next summer we will be in that position and not another new manager waiting to suss things out.

It's just where we are now, need to accept it and be patient.

1 minute ago, dcfcfan1 said:

We need a DM, a winger and a striker

If we're sticking with 4-3-3 possibly but we don't know what Pearson is thinking so we can't really say we need a player for X position. 4-4-2 which some are predicting may see Thorne and the DM position surplus to requirements.

I would bet my dogs left paw that even Pearson hasn't set his formation in stone yet. Needs to see the players on the pitch and try a few things out.

5 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

our defence is fine (if we keep rawson)

3 players

lets get quality rather than quantity

Don't need a winger 

RB as back up 

CDM as cover for Thorne

19 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

our defence is fine (if we keep rawson)

3 players

lets get quality rather than quantity

The players that would have been perfect were

Jordan Ibe - Matty Phillips - Another Striker. 

2 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

That's £20m+ already without the striker, we spent £25m last summer!

5 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

You are on another planet mate. When Ibe is going to Bournemouth for £15 million you really think we have somehow missed out?

When did I say we missed out?

I'm simply saying which players would have been good for us.

4 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

This isn't the football manager game. 

Constantly buying new players doesn't happen.

Add new manager, buy youth player for £200m doesn't happen.

Constantly changing captains doesn't happen.

Writing a player off as he once got a 6.57 match rating doesn't happen.

Making up rubbish and posting on Twitter doesn't make you a itk journalist. 

Please find another hobby for the school holidays, we don't want a egotistical kid on here creating arguments all summer.

1 minute ago, RamsPolls said:

When did I say we should have got them?

Like I say, these players would have been perfect for our system but clearly were too expensive. now pipe down and wipe your arse with your flag

Messi would be perfect for us as well. What is your point?

Archived