Pokemon Go

Sexydadbod

23 minutes ago, jono said:

Can Charlie come out and play .. And hoping it wasn't his slightly grumpy dad that answered the door

was thinking about this the other day, I was allowed to just walk into the houses of all of my mates! I only knocked on the door if it was locked! Imagine that nowadays! :lol: 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

was thinking about this the other day, I was allowed to just walk into the houses of all of my mates! I only knocked on the door if it was locked! Imagine that nowadays! :lol: 

Makes me feel old. I should probably stop playing Pokemon Go. 

How did we exist before mobile phones? My mum was telling me about a trip to Alton towers with my sisters. They just had to arrange to meet at a certain place every hour. What a faff? Imagine if they're in a queue and late, you'd be worried sick.

we often wonder if my daughter has remembered to hand in her homework or something, and I absentmindedly say 'just text her and make sure she's remembered'. Forgetting she's only 6 and doesn't have a phone.  

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

My other half's family is still like that. Their door is always unlocked and everyone just walks in as they feel like it.

Pokemon could do wonders for the gene pool. Natural selection at its' finest.

From BBC:

A man jumped out in front of traffic on a road in County Down, while playing Pokemon Go, police have said.

They said they received reports of the incident on the A2 at Holywood, on Thursday morning.

PSNI Ards wrote on Facebook: "Already this morning we had a reports of a male jumping out in front of traffic on the A2, Holywood. Can you guess why?

"I don't care how rare the Pokemon is, it's not worth your life."

On Saturday, police warned of users of the game breaking the law as they attempted to "catch 'em all"

6 minutes ago, Lander said:

Someone kindly put a lure on the Walsall ground today, I subsequently got a Pikachu. Cheers

This could be the worst thing I've ever heard. Football is done. This is worse than phone lights on night games.

8 minutes ago, Srg said:

This could be the worst thing I've ever heard. Football is done. This is worse than phone lights on night games.

I think it's just another form of 'natural selection'. Pokemonners will all suffer horrible fates, eaten by lions that have escaped from zoos because their keepers have left their cages and enclosures unlocked and have themselves been flattened by cars or trains, or even devoured by starving penguins.

• 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, David said:

Seems like an awful idea, thought the game was pretty much dead now that everyone has realised how pointless it all is?

Seems that way, only perked up on it yesterday after a big announcement on updates was made, sounds like they're completely overhauling the game to pull people back

On 6 September 2016 at 14:33, RamLad1884 said:

Seems that way, only perked up on it yesterday after a big announcement on updates was made, sounds like they're completely overhauling the game to pull people back

I still turn it on when walking my kids to the park, catch the odd pidgey whilst getting the walking in to hatch an egg. 

4 hours ago, r4derby said:

I still turn it on when walking my kids to the park, catch the odd pidgey whilst getting the walking in to hatch an egg. 

I made the mistake of trying to catch a 10k egg as my first thing. Still about 8k to go. To be honest, I got bored before I even reached level 5. I've just creeped over level 5, but can't be arsed to see what battling at the local gym is all about any more. Great concept, but there's something slightly flawed about it (probably the fact I have to get off my arse to do it). 

Archived