Pokemon Go

Sexydadbod

What is so special about this game,am I missing something here? Nearly everyone I know is playing this game. Today a random person came up to with his smartphone as I was meant to be standing right on top of a pokemon. I also heard that there are meant to be secret pokemon in churches and police stations which has led to people randomly walking into them. What the hell. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few people have also come across dead bodies playing this game. Very strange. Some robbers have even used this to their advantage luring in Pokemon Go players claiming they are fellow players and then rob them. I looked it up and it appears the game isnt even officially out in the UK but people are setting around this by changing their ios settings to the usa. God knows what it will be like when it is officially released in the uk

I've been on it all weekend. A bunch of us even jumped in the car from Swad to go Markeaton Park to see what was around there.

i personally think it's great, it's getting everyone outside and exploring (you have to go to landmarks around the area) and giving people exercise.

Sith Happens

Its a good job someone has invented this game, i must download it and play it, i would like to get out and excercise and see something of the world because without this i wouldnt know how and would have to sit inside wondering what i should do with my time. :ph34r:

10 hours ago, GeneralRam said:

I've been on it all weekend. A bunch of us even jumped in the car from Swad to go Markeaton Park to see what was around there.

i personally think it's great, it's getting everyone outside and exploring (you have to go to landmarks around the area) and giving people exercise.

Junped in the car? Marketon park ? Excercise? Did you check the spelling for the app you downloaded ;)

12 hours ago, GeneralRam said:

If you went dogging, just say so.

Think it's a nostalgia thing for many. I've played it a little.

It's only the original pokemon, which is all the pokemon from the first gameboy games (and TV show) when I was a littl'un and obsessed with it - if it was the newer Pokemon I wouldn't play it simply because I've no idea what any of them are and have no memory of enjoying them when I was the target audience :p  But it's only been a few days and I'm already starting to get bored of it. 

Very social game which are popular, people really love a reason to hang out. Keep seeing groups of friends wandering around with their phones. My US friends go on bike rides etc. together to play it. 

I'd have to go a distance to start "exploring" though, drive somewhere new and then start walking about, but I don't drive or ride a bike so I find I'm just walking around all my standard routes (admittedly more often than I did) and it's getting dull.

9 minutes ago, Anon said:

So if I see a fedora wearing neckbeard using his camera phone outside a school and asking kids if they want to see his pocket monster I shouldn't be concerned?

Even if he was innocently playing Pokemon Go, that would still be a concern :lol:

3 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

What's it all about ? I thought pokemon was just a kids thing ?

It is. Grownup adults playing is bit odd though, anyway I never played this nonsense stuff when I was kid. 

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

As I put in the second post, people are getting around it by changing their app settings to the usa to download the game

Not quite, just APK'ing it. 

APK apps let you install apps on it that are limited to regions you're not in.

Pokemon Go works for us, even though it's not released (I mean that in the sense that there are features in the game that are placed on important buildings etc. that have been set up. I wonder if the iPro is a Pokestop or a Gym?)

1 hour ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

It is. Grownup adults playing is bit odd though, anyway I never played this nonsense stuff when I was kid. 

Alright then big time, what did you do when you were a kid that made you the top boy? Don't say anything about flags, please. 

I've downloaded it, I'm 25 years old and have zero shame. I played Pokemon when I was a kid and it's a good old throwback. I won't be devoting my life to it like I imagine a lot of youngsters will be doing as I have a full time job with plenty of other commitments but a little session on this now and again will do me. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Alright then big time, what did you do when you were a kid that made you the top boy? Don't say anything about flags, please. 

I've downloaded it, I'm 25 years old and have zero shame. I played Pokemon when I was a kid and it's a good old throwback. I won't be devoting my life to it like I imagine a lot of youngsters will be doing as I have a full time job with plenty of other commitments but a little session on this now and again will do me. 

Exactly. 

Although while I'm in exactly the same situation as you my "plenty of other commitments" is basically just a list of other games. :lol: (Oh, and the missus, obviously).

3 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I done plenty things when I was a kid. Gardening, cleaning cars (made money for cleaning people cars) played football teams, arts, sightseeing. :) 

Just now, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

I done plenty things when I was a kid. Gardening, cleaning cars (made money for cleaning people cars) played football teams, arts, sightseeing. :) 

Gardening and Cleaning Cars?! 

I get short of breath just thinking about that.

Archived