Not the biggest club in the championship

toddy

As we have been arguable the biggest club in the championship for the last couple of seasons and that had always brought media pressure upon us.

I am wondering with Newcastle and Villa now championship clubs it might take us out of the spot light and pressure off us - possibly a good thing as well?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely meaningless title anyway. Every fan of every club uses a different equation to make their's the "biggest club".

Seems to be something along the lines of size of attendance divided by size of the city, times by trophies won, subtracted by amount of time since the last trophy was won, to the power of how many celebrity fans you have.

Personally, there is not a single thing on this planet that I find more dull than us comparing penis sizes club sizes with Forest, cross referencing past successes with attendances and blah blah blah blah blah.

I think you're on to something regarding the fact that the media will have other stories to focus on other than Derby, probably resulting in our matches being televised less frequently. We can go about our business a little more quietly for a start. And for those that suggest we bottle it in front of the cameras, I disagree - I think the opposition turn up for Sky. Everyone loved to beat us last season and the added factor of live television only made our job harder.

Another reason why we were on TV a lot was because of Paul Clement, and I for one am delighted at the prospect of starting off the season without hearing the names Carlo Ancelotti, PSG, Real Madrid or Cristiano Ronaldo used like they have anything to do with Derby.

Sith Happens

I thought Forest were not only the biggest club in the championship, but in the world too? That's what their fans always tell me.

1 hour ago, Duracell said:

Absolutely meaningless title anyway. Every fan of every club uses a different equation to make their's the "biggest club".

Seems to be something along the lines of size of attendance divided by size of the city, times by trophies won, subtracted by amount of time since the last trophy was won, to the power of how many celebrity fans you have.

Personally, there is not a single thing on this planet that I find more dull than us comparing penis sizes club sizes with Forest, cross referencing past successes with attendances and blah blah blah blah blah.

I think you're on to something regarding the fact that the media will have other stories to focus on other than Derby, probably resulting in our matches being televised less frequently. We can go about our business a little more quietly for a start. And for those that suggest we bottle it in front of the cameras, I disagree - I think the opposition turn up for Sky. Everyone loved to beat us last season and the added factor of live television only made our job harder.

Another reason why we were on TV a lot was because of Paul Clement, and I for one am delighted at the prospect of starting off the season without hearing the names Carlo Ancelotti, PSG, Real Madrid or Cristiano Ronaldo used like they have anything to do with Derby.

Totally agree.

And this year Newcastle will be the ones under the media spot light, no doubt the club that every team will love to get the scalp of.

On 7/1/2016 at 15:42, toddy said:

As we have been arguable the biggest club in the championship for the last couple of seasons and that had always brought media pressure upon us.

I am wondering with Newcastle and Villa now championship clubs it might take us out of the spot light and pressure off us - possibly a good thing as well?

Sky List:  http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11662/10291705/ultimate-league-reveals-liverpool-are-englands-top-team-followed-by-man-utd-and-arsenal

We've never been the biggest club in The Championship as long as we've been in it. 

We may have had the highest average home attendance a couple of times and had a bit of expectation last couple of years but we've never been the biggest club.

Difficult to say who the biggest club is but it certainly isn't us, and wasn't lasts year either. 

Going from a neutral perspective is probably a good way to go and although it would vary person to person I reckon most people would go with Newcastle or Leeds. 

On 1 July 2016 at 15:54, Duracell said:

You're a clown if you're looking forward to 

It's going to be Vardy this and Wes Morgan that, 'Jacob Butterfield the new Danny Drinkwater?', 'is Darren Bent the new Jamie Vardy except older and more black and his best days are behind him instead of ahead?' or something about ostriches. Don't even get me started on if we get Leicester in a cup competition. 

And that's without obligatory mentions of Wembley and Zamora.

The Sky Sports commentary bingo hell that is all of our lives has only just begun.

I can't see why people get worked up about this. It's as meaningless as that other pathetic description used by the unimaginative minions... 'Tin pot'.

Archived