Puny Englishmen Prepare To Be Smited

ramit

49 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I quite like Iceland when that volcano erupted I got an extra 3 days on my holiday.

There will be three days of mourning after tomorrows annihilation, so cheer us on :thumbsup:

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Gritters said:

What comes out of Iceland apart from volcanic ash?? And how much money do you still owe us..

Well, me for starters you unappreciative undeserving English lout.  You shall get payment alright and plenty of it when Hekla spews it's black gaseous ashen clouds over your green and pleasant lands, lands that once were ours and will be again.  How did the Cod Wars go btw?:p

22 minutes ago, ramit said:

Well, me for starters you unappreciative undeserving English lout.  You shall get payment alright and plenty of it when Hekla spews it's black gaseous ashen clouds over your green and pleasant lands, lands that once were ours and will be again.  How did the Cod Wars go btw?:p

We got battered. :lol:

Expected England line up v Iceland:

Hart

Walker Cahill Smalling Rose

Rooney Dier Alli

Sturride Kane Lallana

It's going to be another slog, but I predict we'll score one early on and scrape a result.

It's all irrelevant really now we've been condemned to the half of the draw with Germany, France, Italy and Spain in. We're not going to get past several of them.

10 minutes ago, Rample said:

Expected England line up v Iceland:

Hart

Walker Cahill Smalling Rose

Rooney Dier Alli

Sturride Kane Lallana

It's going to be another slog, but I predict we'll score one early on and scrape a result.

It's all irrelevant really now we've been condemned to the half of the draw with Germany, France, Italy and Spain in. We're not going to get past several of them.

Yes yes, your logic is sound, may as well lose tomorrow and get it over with.

Hmmm, Sturridge you say, that's a tricky one, but no matter, we shall dazzle and confound him instead with offers of honorary citizenship.  He will get a Viking helmet in the post today, would look good on him and in keeping with his current abode Liverpuddle, a Norse name of course.

Our newly elected President is a historian, so an expert in turning things on their head, piece of pie really

5 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

Not a huge fan of Iceland's style of play but a £1 for pizza cannot be taken for granted. 

That does it, i am calling the owners of the Icelandic Bónus grocery store chain and asking them to change the name to England.  Mamma's gone to England doesn't have much of a ring to it though

5 minutes ago, ramit said:

That does it, i am calling the owners of the Icelandic Bónus grocery store chain and asking them to change the name to England.  Mamma's gone to England doesn't have much of a ring to it though

Nooo. We can't change it. I am quite fond of it and pretty much live on there microwave frozen meal section. 

1 minute ago, Dimmu said:

Iceland plays like England used to :) It's been a while though.

In all honesty they will really have to play well tomorrow to have a chance, only three thousand Icelandic fans were able to get tickets for the game.  Something to do with not having bought tickets for all the games Iceland would play :unsure:

Never mind, we'll just have to call on the elves to help us out, not to mention the trolls

3 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

Nooo. We can't change it. I am quite fond of it and pretty much live on there microwave frozen meal section. 

As i've said you are a true gent JaguarRam, we won't go to court over the name then.  Your nation owes you much.

34 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Germany showing England how to defeat defensive sides such as Slovakia. They could even afford to miss a penalty too! 

Early goal is absolutely crucial. Slovakia only able to play for a 0-0 for 7 minutes.

After that,  well their defence is nothing compared to what they threw in front of England. The 3rd goal in particular they simply went missing. 

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Germany showing England how to defeat defensive sides such as Slovakia. They could even afford to miss a penalty too! 

Only problem is, England are not Germany and Iceland is not Slovakia :)

5 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Early goal is absolutely crucial. Slovakia only able to play for a 0-0 for 7 minutes.

After that,  well their defence is nothing compared to what they threw in front of England. The 3rd goal in particular they simply went missing. 

I think once it's 2-0 it's all over. After Portugal went 1-0 up against a defensive Iceland team, many would have predicted the floodgates to open but that never happened and it ended up being a draw.

Iceland will get a chance tomorrow. Whether that comes via a long-range effort, a set-piece or defensive mix-up. I'm quite worried about our poor defending at crosses. Iceland will target that.

The qualifying games have pretty much gone to plan. Germany, Belgium, Wales and France were all favourites to progress and did so within the 90 minutes. Poland/Swiss and Portugal/Croatia were deemed 50/50 so came as little surprise to see them both go to extra time.

There hasn't been a shock yet, and usually there is always one! Let's hope it happens in the quarter-finals and not tomorrow!

Archived