Buxton - Confirmed to Wigan Athletic

Flaps

IF IF IF we are to pass it out from the back and defend with a high line then we are making a terrible mistake.

If we're to adopt a deep line and a no nonsense aproach to defending then I wouldn't be surprised to see Keogh to have a fight on his hands from Pearce. 

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Think Pearce playing the full 90 is a statement that management sees a place for him in the squad (as the primary CB backup), he can't have been high on the fitness charts after his game time last season.

I think given his age, his history as a captain and even having been linked with the likes of Liverpool shows he has good ability. Frankly, I feel more comfortable with him than I do with Buxton.

I love Buxton's heart, and everyman attitude. But his ability is limited and he deserves to go somewhere and play everyweek as a 31 year old.

10 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Or perhaps it's more of a case of having developed no faith in Buxton.

Jake to me will always be remembered affectionately for what he did for the 'togetherness' of the squad - a '110%' bloke who lived every moment of the dream. Of course, bagging the winner against the Dirties and the Gumps helps to raise a player to 'legend' status, and Bucko is definitely that.

Biggest heart since Big Dave hung his boots up.

1 minute ago, eddie said:

Jake to me will always be remembered affectionately for what he did for the 'togetherness' of the squad - a '110%' bloke who lived every moment of the dream. Of course, bagging the winner against the Dirties and the Gumps helps to raise a player to 'legend' status, and Bucko is definitely that.

Wonderful passer too.

Still 3rd best centre half at the club. hope we're not dropping a clanger. Hero's welcome when he comes back that's for sure.

PistoldPete2
4 hours ago, eddie said:

A bigger heart than big Dave... Will be a big loss, if it happens. I don't know what options bucko has, but if he goes elsewhere I hope we get very good money for him. 

55 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Buxtons seems like a top bloke would run through a brick wall and always gives 100%. Technically though he isnt good enough for the level we want to be at and i wish him well 

For me that is a big worry because technically he is on a par with Keogh and Shackell

Buxton is a like Conor Sammon, both have an incredible work rate and will always give 100% but their footballing ability isn't quite to the standard we need it to be! Best of luck to him wherever he goes and he'll get a massive welcome back to the iPro. Didn't he start doing some coaching badges too? So there's a possibility that he'd be back in a few years if that's the case! 

Love Buxton and his work rate he's given some great memories but at times his work rate covers the cracks off his poor preformances, if he does go i wish him the best off luck and he could be the player that keeps Wigan in this league, if so Wigan have had 2 decent experienced players off us in Buxton and Warnock 

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

For me that is a big worry because technically he is on a par with Keogh and Shackell

Based on what performance ? How long is it since he had a run of games in the team ? 

Just now, Leeds Ram said:

Based on what performance ? How long is it since he had a run of games in the team ? 

Based on plenty of performances. 

Over a season since he had a run in the team but don't see what that has to do with judging his technical ability?

Sith Happens

We were lucky last season that keogh and shackell remained injury and suspension free. My concern would be sell Bucko, one of them gets injured and we suddenly need to go into the loan market etc.

5 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

We were lucky last season that keogh and shackell remained injury and suspension free. My concern would be sell Bucko, one of them gets injured and we suddenly need to go into the loan market etc.

Why the concern ? Did we sell Pearce and Rawson overnight ? Plus Forsyth can also drop into CB as cover if needed ! 

15 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Won't be able to go into the loan market if it's after a certain date

Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, Don't Panic said:

Why the concern ? Did we sell Pearce and Rawson overnight ? Plus Forsyth can also drop into CB as cover if needed ! 

If Keogh or Shackell out for any length of time i would pick Bucko over any of the above everytime.

Archived