Jonathan Kodjia - Signed for Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

Will Vydra and Kodjia work well together? From everything I've seen, Vydra fits better with a creative striker/big man, does Kodjia fit that profile?

Also, if this is happening, Martin/Bent should be on their way, far too bloated striking corps otherwise.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, r4derby said:

This is a much bigger risk than Vydra, not just financially but also to see if he suffers from second season syndrome (to borrow NFL terminology) 

Lets give our new strike force a season though shall we

Agree, much bigger risk that Vydra but I'm excited about our new strike force if its true.

Looking at some of the posts in Rams Talk about Pearson though, not sure they will get a season to prove themselves...

2 minutes ago, r4derby said:

This is a much bigger risk than Vydra, not just financially but also to see if he suffers from second season syndrome (to borrow NFL terminology) 

Lets give our new strike force a season though shall we

I say boo em.from the off,why should they be different?

8 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Optimist 

Atleast there's one ;) 

wouldnt be too sad if Martin leaves been a great servant to the club and we need a new direction now to take us over the line 2 pacey forwards upfront would be a welcome change. Good luck if you do go chrissy I shall clap you on your return.

Just now, satty atwal said:

Im out at a safari park and got a message mentioning vydra martin and kodija and came on here.... messages galore 2 scroll thru... can someone please give me a breakdown on whats happening with these 3?

Vydra and kodjia in talks on a move which will probably result in Martin moving on or someone else otherwise there'd be atleast 6 strikers at the club if 2 above sign.

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

I just hope people don't get hung up on the fee. It doesn't matter for a start, and secondly it'll be reported differently all over the place and without knowing the clauses it's just pointless.

Everyone will get hung up on the fee, they always do. Other clubs will mock it and our fans will use it as a weapon against him if he does poorly. 

If we sign Kodjia for the money being reported I may just stop supporting Derby for a while. The fee being reported is utter madness and would be a final nail in the coffin to everything we'd tried to do prior to Mel Morris joining.

Makes me sick how we've become some sort of QPR mark II.

I was a proud supporter of a club doing it 'the proper way' and it made it all the more better than we endured five years of cost-cutting and squad building to finally have such a vibrant team at our disposal.

RIP 'The Derby Way'

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

Everyone will get hung up on the fee, they always do. Other clubs will mock it and our fans will use it as a weapon against him if he does poorly. 

Well yeah. That is the appropriate response. Bradley Johnson for example was a complete waste of money. You can't just spend and spend and spend to your hearts delight. This isn't Football Manager. 

1 minute ago, Whoneedshuls said:

Vydra and kodjia in talks on a move which will probably result in Martin moving on or someone else otherwise there'd be atleast 6 strikers at the club if 2 above sign.

Get rid of bent and blackman. Weimann ince russell camara as the wide men... wilson vydra to battle for the position in the hole... martin v kodija for centre forward spot

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

If we sign Kodjia for the money being reported I may just stop supporting Derby for a while. The fee being reported is utter madness and would be a final nail in the coffin to everything we'd tried to do prior to Mel Morris joining.

Makes me sick how we've become some sort of QPR mark II.

I was a proud supporter of a club doing it 'the proper way' and it made it all the more better than we endured five years of cost-cutting and squad building to finally have such a vibrant team at our disposal.

RIP 'The Derby Way'

Lamest post I've ever read.  Drop your club because you don't like who they're signing! You've moaned all season we need to bring new faces in now you're whining when we do. There's no pleasing you is there mate?

Archived