Thank you Davo!

JaguarRam

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

Thank you for the hard work on getting the site back up. 

Enjoy you packing! 

You think he will be doing his own packing? He will be getting someone to do it for him. I hope that when it's finished his clothes are not back in the washing machine, and the suitcase in the attic.

Have a good break David - I do hope you are leaving the keys with Boycie.

Sorry guys, got pretty pissed off in the end and asked them to just restore the last complete backup that was there, put what had happened up as an announcement so didn't look like I was ignoring anyone as it finally came back online with this backup just as we was about to start recording the Podcast.

Don't thank me either, been a complete cock up, should have communicated better through social media but I was going back and forth with those idiots, in support tickets, on the phone and live chat. 

Second time we've lost posts now, guess the one positive is this time it wasn't a hacker. 

There is still a minor issue in the admin panel, basically you have tasks that run every x minutes which update the topic views, online counts, stats etc. one of which keeps locking the digest which is an email that goes out for those that follow topics and opted for summary emails once a day. The software support guys have been alerted, as it's Sunday and Bank holiday tomorrow I'm not expecting that to be fixed till Tuesday but that shouldn't need any downtime and it "shouldn't" really effect the forum. 

Podcast will be uploaded in the next half hour, then time to finally pack. Bon voyage.

17 hours ago, David said:

Sorry guys, got pretty pissed off in the end and asked them to just restore the last complete backup that was there, put what had happened up as an announcement so didn't look like I was ignoring anyone as it finally came back online with this backup just as we was about to start recording the Podcast.

Don't thank me either, been a complete cock up, should have communicated better through social media but I was going back and forth with those idiots, in support tickets, on the phone and live chat. 

Second time we've lost posts now, guess the one positive is this time it wasn't a hacker. 

There is still a minor issue in the admin panel, basically you have tasks that run every x minutes which update the topic views, online counts, stats etc. one of which keeps locking the digest which is an email that goes out for those that follow topics and opted for summary emails once a day. The software support guys have been alerted, as it's Sunday and Bank holiday tomorrow I'm not expecting that to be fixed till Tuesday but that shouldn't need any downtime and it "shouldn't" really effect the forum. 

Podcast will be uploaded in the next half hour, then time to finally pack. Bon voyage.

Does anyone actually use the digest? It's a bit old school.

Archived