What a truly unluckily season

Sparkle

Luck tends to even itself out apparently but possibly this season it did not from our point of view, by in large we seemed to conceded a large amount of deflected or double deflected goals over the season which cost us a lot of points in my opinion and by contrast I can't remember seeing an opposition goalkeeper left stranded by the same circumstances ( one goal against Bolton at home maybe )

If we had the same type of luck in our favour we wouldn't even need a manager! 

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tended to happen because we didn't close down quick enough.

Happened all the way back at the start of the season in games such as the one at Birmingham (did we even pretend to close that one down?), even when it didn't deflect it was still from miles out (gave Chris Wood time to get the deck chair out and light a cigar before giving Leeds the winner at the iPro) and it still got us on the arse against Hull on Saturday where they were toying with us on the edge of the box with all day to do what they wanted.

High number of blocked shots = higher chance of deflected goals.

We let them shoot. Unlucky from Carson's perspective. Of our own making from defender's perspective.

You make your own luck. Over 46 games luck plays maybe 2% of the outcome of games. It's no coincidence that "lucky" teams are "lucky" season after season.

Work hard and you will get your reward whether it's through a deflected goal, 40 yarder, the most beautiful passing goal you've ever seen. It all comes off the back of hard work by at least one individual.

Jesus. I know you are unlikely to find too many realists on an Internet forum, but can we all start trying to move along from finding excuses for our season. The bottom line, and nothing else should get in the way of the fact, is that we were not bloody good enough.

7 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Jesus. I know you are unlikely to find too many realists on an Internet forum, but can we all start trying to move along from finding excuses for our season. The bottom line, and nothing else should get in the way of the fact, is that we were not bloody good enough.

Buddha. Hear, Hear!

Archived