Your current job.

RiddingsRam

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ashz09 said:

Lucky man Lowe. I'd love a job I love fixing pc's or learning about coding,servers etc but hard to get you need to have a car and have experience and god knows how many degrees etc.

you will get there mate, bit of self belief and a bit of luck and you will be fine.

2 hours ago, Ashz09 said:

Lucky man Lowe. I'd love a job I love fixing pc's or learning about coding,servers etc but hard to get you need to have a car and have experience and god knows how many degrees etc.

Problem is when Microsoft users finally realise how superior Mac's are you will have nothing to do, would be like being a VHS player repair man 

4 minutes ago, Boycie said:

My payout says otherwise ;) 

I'm talking about financial "advisors" in general mate, stop sweating! :D

yeah I know mate, they were bad things, designed with the right intentions and were brilliant when they were paying bonuses of 10% per year in the late 80s and early 90s but once the bonuses started to drop and drop it was obvious that they were not going to make the sum assured, it was down to a lack of experience, training etc and pressure that a number of advisors continued to sell them spouting off the same spiel that the previous generation had quoted, things are very different nowdays, the industry has had two massive shakes and a number of the bad apples have fallen off and rotted away !! its dangerous times though still, a wrong move from into a a wrongly suited pension fund when you are ten years or less away from retirement can do serious damage to a persons future, investors who moved money in 2007/08 can easily have lost 40% of the fund value, if they then got scared and moved into cash for 12 months they would still be seeing losses today.

any how enough of that.

up the rams !

7 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

yeah I know mate, they were bad things, designed with the right intentions and were brilliant when they were paying bonuses of 10% per year in the late 80s and early 90s but once the bonuses started to drop and drop it was obvious that they were not going to make the sum assured, it was down to a lack of experience, training etc and pressure that a number of advisors continued to sell them spouting off the same spiel that the previous generation had quoted, things are very different nowdays, the industry has had two massive shakes and a number of the bad apples have fallen off and rotted away !! its dangerous times though still, a wrong move from into a a wrongly suited pension fund when you are ten years or less away from retirement can do serious damage to a persons future, investors who moved money in 2007/08 can easily have lost 40% of the fund value, if they then got scared and moved into cash for 12 months they would still be seeing losses today.

any how enough of that.

up the rams !

just following one from that, just had a quick google for endowment payouts based on a 25 year term and paying a flat £50 for that 25 years (mortgage term) and look at how the final payout dropped so massively, look at 1995, that plan would have started in 1970, pay in £15,000 over the next 25 years and collect up to £108,000 in 1995 to pay off what would have been an average mortgage of probably £50,000, then compare it to our generation, if I had taken one out in the year I left school (1986) and paid the same for 25 years I would have collected £35k as a maximum, and never had paid off my mortgage, so for everybody who took out an endowment after probably 1990 there was never a chance of paying off your mortgage, especially as house prices began to soar.

but for some reason the industry was to naïve or stuck in its way of doing things, 80% of house buyers used to have an endowment.

sorry to bore everybody

untitled3.png

39 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

you will get there mate, bit of self belief and a bit of luck and you will be fine.

True I brought a Unity course in coding just not had time to do it. It's really fun and easy to follow.. Keep saying to my self I'll quit my job one day do loads of courses and become a guru. Then I come back to reality and realize I need the money due to credit card bills etc lol.

I'll keep applying it's all about recruitment agency's now days instead of the firms them self's recruiting so a lot harder! 

9 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

True I brought a Unity course in coding just not had time to do it. It's really fun and easy to follow.. Keep saying to my self I'll quit my job one day do loads of courses and become a guru. Then I come back to reality and realize I need the money due to credit card bills etc lol.

I'll keep applying it's all about recruitment agency's now days instead of the firms them self's recruiting so a lot harder! 

career advice, and this is vital. You NEED to pass your driving test.

13 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

where do u live ? are u in derby

my mrs works at an IT firm in Derby, I can ask if there are any vacancies, not sure what kind of income it is etc

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

career advice, and this is vital. You NEED to pass your driving test.

I've passed just not able to afford a car. On £16,800 a month is not really much.. Meant to have got a pay rise.. Last September!

1 hour ago, loweman2 said:

where do u live ? are u in derby

my mrs works at an IT firm in Derby, I can ask if there are any vacancies, not sure what kind of income it is etc

That would be great trying to keep around the Derby are I like the fact I can cycle to work but might lose that privilege for a better job eventually lol.

Still haven't bothered to learn how to drive :lol: I will the moment I need to look for a new job though.

6 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

I've passed just not able to afford a car. On £16,800 a month is not really much.. Meant to have got a pay rise.. Last September!

That would be great trying to keep around the Derby are I like the fact I can cycle to work but might lose that privilege for a better job eventually lol.

£16800 a month ? Not enough ? Jeez I need a pay rise . 

I make about £10k less than the average for my position, because I don't have a degree. Do it better than all them graduate schmucks too <_<

Archived