Old Trafford being evacuated

froggg

23 minutes ago, davenportram said:

demonstrating that going to old Trafford isn't a once in lifetime opportunity.

It is for most people. Rynny is fortunate in that respect, comes across that he is rubbing it in a little to me. Next season's fixture could be a midweek game and it's unlikely they could get time off work and who knows if bournemouth will survive for the season after next? They interviewed some fans after and some came all the way from Azerbaijan just for this game. That's not even counting those fans who have terminal illnesses who may had an opportunity to see their team play at one of the best stadiums in the world for the one and only time in their life. All because some c*nt put this device deliberately in the toilet to cause mayhem and disruption. The only thing we can be thankful for is that no-one was injured or killed but let's not get away from the real issue here, it's a dark day for football and some people(not saying anyone on here) aren't taking it seriously enough.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, sage said:

http://www.itv.com/news/

It will be interesting to find out the motivation of the person who planted it. Wind up or test run. 

My view is that it was a test run by either the terrorists themselves or the local authorities especially with the terrorist drills they were doing in Manchester City Centre last week, although they would have told us after if it was the latter.

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

My view is that it was a test run by either the terrorists themselves or the local authorities especially with the terrorist drills they were doing in Manchester City Centre last week, although they would have told us after if it was the latter.

maybe the drills were being run because there was intelligence pointing to a possible incident.

21 minutes ago, ladyram said:

Mmmm. Device was left by mistake? Really. I'm not buying it.

Me neither, very sloppy security firm if true. Do they employ amateurs then at places like O.T? Mmmm indeed.

Utter ******.

That's one security firm that's going to be out of pocket by the best part of half a million quid.

So why did a security firm not realise the fake bomb they used for a training excersise on Wednesday was  missing? Surely they must check before they leave Old Trafford that they have everything..

you would also hope that clubs do a security sweep of a ground before its opened up for a game.. 

Exactly rsmini. Plus these devices would very probably have identifying marks on them,  as being that security firms property.  

This makes no sense, unless there's been more than one cock up. Possible but unlikely imo.

Archived